Let’s discuss this honestly

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jun 21, 2020 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also incorrect

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are too many activity trackers going around in INBU. We are doing all we can to get stuff done every day with our targets. We can keep playing games with tracking the number of calls and virtual lunches — but no one is fooling anyone else. It’s busy work and not helping anyone. Let’s just get though this

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

\

This is or should be 100% accurate. IDNs and busy group practices in my area are all over Telehealth, and according to my "friends" in the office staff, are scrambling trying to make up for the loss in-person patient visits.

Only a sucker would believe that pharma is not going to cut headcount. I mean, come on now. Many Big Pharma companies have two to three rep co-promotes in every single busy office, and pre-COVID they had very little to do. Look at other company CP sites if you dont believe me. Some companies even BRANDED the lack of access. (i.e. check out AZ several year old 'All Day Lie' thread). Around here, according to my "friends" its not getting better for us any time soon, as the IDNs once again lead the way with making sure that reps aren't part of the equation. From their point of view, it (unfortunately) makes sense: imagine you're bringing your 73 old aunt or parent to the doctors office, and during the 45 minute wait, you see four or five reps pop in. As someone in our business, you know that each one of those reps are supposed to be in and out of doctors' offices all day long.

Do the math and stop thinking like a rep for a second, and think like a IDN legal department, or a concerned family member. You think someone might have a problem with this?

I dont see it going back to the crappy 2019 access levels anytime soon. So I am guessing that there will be big reductions across the board, like in 2011-2013.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. It's ridiculous that there are still a good portion of Repatha CV folks still have mirror counterparts and then on top of that we overlap with some of the PCP reps meaning 3 reps calling on an office?? Not to mention our "Key Account Manager."

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

let’s pray that you are wrong. I have a family that depends on me

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This industry is dying because as publicly traded companies they will not do the things necessary to ensure their own survival because then they won’t be able to compare in the stock market. They won’t drop the focus on high priced drugs and endless price increases while slashing headcount to the bone because that is what Wall Street wants. It doesn’t matter what the writing in the wall says as long as winning investor dollars is ALL that matters.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many territories still have two reps in CV Specialty? I do but they combined my territory with another one so they kept two of us. I'd love to be solo. Even with combining two small-medium volume territories it's still too many having two reps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The research shows that we need as many reps as possible

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most everyone is still employed. Congrats

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales of Blincyto are down 80 percent . New York , Miami , Chicago , St Louis. Michagan, All down to Zero sales.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

B;imcyto sale have dropped to 30 percent share. Ino, has taken over the market. The oncology reps they have no access!!! some do not even have Hem. Experience ! all they do is sit at home and make power point account plans. Management ,is horrible! the head of the Blina team came from Target store chain ( Really). Marketing does not even know the difference between a lymphoid line and a Myeloid cell line, Blina was a great product , but leave it to Amgen to screw it up!!!! R.I.P Blincyto

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales of Blincyto are down 80 percent . New York , Miami , Chicago , St Louis. Michagan, All down to Zero sales.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth posted back in June by Nostradamus...

"Ok I am not here to flame anyone let alone Amgen. I am a DM and have been here for several years. But let’s talk about the new reality and, more importantly, the future.

So as hybrid reps I don’t think this model is sustainable with the current sales force. I know I will get flamed and accosted by CP folks reading this but it’s the reality. I have a friend who works for a consulting company to pharma companies.

My friend is consulting for another large pharma company and they are advising on reducing headcount. How many details can a hybrid / virtual/ occasional f2f Rep really get in with large medical groups now closed and comfortable not seeing reps?

The consulting company my friend works at is advising that a rep can take on 2-4 territories and the company not miss a beat. I really don’t think we will get impacted this year but I’m worried there will be significant headcount reductions next year. Again I am not here to cause trouble or be trolling but I think this is an industry problem and it will tear its ugly head soon. Anyone else have differing thoughts?"

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth posted back in June by Nostradamus...

"Ok I am not here to flame anyone let alone Amgen. I am a DM and have been here for several years. But let’s talk about the new reality and, more importantly, the future.

So as hybrid reps I don’t think this model is sustainable with the current sales force. I know I will get flamed and accosted by CP folks reading this but it’s the reality. I have a friend who works for a consulting company to pharma companies.

My friend is consulting for another large pharma company and they are advising on reducing headcount. How many details can a hybrid / virtual/ occasional f2f Rep really get in with large medical groups now closed and comfortable not seeing reps?

The consulting company my friend works at is advising that a rep can take on 2-4 territories and the company not miss a beat. I really don’t think we will get impacted this year but I’m worried there will be significant headcount reductions next year. Again I am not here to cause trouble or be trolling but I think this is an industry problem and it will tear its ugly head soon. Anyone else have differing thoughts?"

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s the damage?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Merck plants, aka moles, will decide the headcount. The quiet ones aren't here for low pay and meager positions. If you haven't figured it out yet, do your homework. Some sacrifice a gap, enabling them to take giant leaps. This is rampant across units, especially Onc.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reorg happening next week.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love it