Let’s face it Quest is a terrible place to work...

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by anonymous, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At first I enjoyed it here.

Everyone was nice and supportive.

Then we started BS’ing Wall Street with 3-3.5% growth.

Now look at us.

The culture here is now rotten. This is like the Survivor game show and once good people are having their most degenerate qualities come out.

Plus the sucky pay and inexplicable budgets. Ask a question and get shouted down. Reason and logic don’t have a chance here.

Am I the only one here that feels this way?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps not the only one, but you are in a very small group at “the bottom of the barrel” who turnover constantly. Every company has them and they serve a purpose.The turnover affords us the opportunity to constantly try out new recruits and their public separations demonstrate to the rest of the ranks, that incompetence will not be tolerated. Eventually, you will find a place where you will fit right in. Do you know what the ingredients are in a junior whopper? You may want to research that. Hope this helps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It can be frustrating at times. Agreed.
    Have to remain grateful.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me, son. Your failure and subpar performance is frustrating for us as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be quiet junior. I can hear your typing upstairs.

-Mommy

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes and it is a shame. It was once a very good company with good leadership. Not the case today.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says every failure that was ever terminated for subpar performance at Quest Diagnostics. I’m sure the assistant shift team leader at Burger King will be far more “sensitive” and “understanding”. Hope this helps.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Burger Boy and Hope this Helps are two idiots that need mental help

The lab industry is changing and it is time to look for a new career. When Quest does enforce the EKRA law then you will be a salary employee. The small regional labs will most likely be out of business due to the expenditures a small lab has with no HMO contracts. You do remember Quest was the original lab to enforce the supply issues 15 years ago. They are the best at what they do for a reason.If you are unhappy, time to quit before the termination happens.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are wrong about the small labs. Those that survived are strong and immune to any and everything at this point. They aren’t going away and the only direction for them is up. Beware!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More and more HMO's are going away from capitation. The Medicaid HMO's are now being pressured by the States to bring in more competition to L & Q. My small regional lab is being let in more Medicaid HMO's every month. We have large national contracts and are growing organically about 20% per year. Also, Congress is debating a regulation that governs all Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance products. The regulation is being fought vigorously by ACLA. That regulation is " Any willing provider". In case you do not know what that is, it means every lab is they meet certain criteria will be let in all insurances. If this happens L & Q are done! They are trying to buy off votes on this, but are having trouble with the crazy Dems and moderate Repubs. When this happens the regional labs will be $500m labs with Q & L about $1b each. Your days are numbered!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well congratulations, junior. Sounds like all your hard work is about to pay off and you are going to become a serious player in our market. My only question is, why are you spending your days on internet message boards instead of laying the groundwork for your soon the be clinical laboratory empire? Perhaps you should get your priorities straight. Try taking a class on time management and focus on the fundamentals. I am also available, off the books, for general consulting. Just ask anyone important how to get in touch with HTH. Hope this helps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a terrible place to work.

The only people that have made money the last 5 years are people with stock options.

It seems like every mid-manager position is filled externally. No development whatsoever.

How many times have you been at a meeting and noticed the polished people and thought = "I can't believe they are still here?"

Notice they eventually do leave after they have had enough of the suck.

Notice the dummies we bring in from the outside that have never worked in lab who think they are brilliant.

This is a consistent formula at QD.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE=" I am also available, off the books, for general consulting.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another dipshit SD who thinks he’s brilliant.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad to say, but there is still room for improvement here. For example, what’s wrong with the person who wrote that last post?

- It seems impossible not to skyrocket professionally and make money hand over fist at Quest Diagnostics. Yet, he stagnates and suffers financially.

- There are so many internal opportunities for growth and advancement, yet we still occasionally have to hire outsiders, because he has zero ambition.

- I can’t tell you how many times I look in the back of the room when I conduct meetings and ask myself, who is this person? Why does he shop for clothing at Walmart? Why does he smell like french fries and how did that stain get on his shirt? I can’t believe he is still here.

- Ever notice that the dumbest, laziest, non-performers, talk about working here “forever” and think they know everything. Yet, they never progress, have no drive and can’t adapt to change?

This is a consistent ingredient in the recipe for failure. We may need to do more than break a few eggs. It’s time to find and rid ourselves of the rotten ones. Hope this helps.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason you can't tell us Cupcake, is it never happened. You were terminated by Quest Dx when they acquired Solstas - seconds after they learned your emotional instability and your penchant for winning non-profitable business via proposals which include 50 cent CBCs, $1.25 CMB and $2.75 TSHs.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure what a CMB is son? Are you sure you remember that correctly? It's been a while since you were a major, no sorry, minor league player at SLP? You know, wet brain is also a real thing that chronic alcoholics can suffer from and I see some of the symptoms in you. Still chasing skirts? Must be a lot more difficult in your current position, if you have one. Quest Diagnostics frowns upon and takes that sort of thing much more seriously. Best be careful if you are actually still around in any actual capacity other than that of a sad, washed out of the industry troll, who just can't let go of his past. You did always love this site. It must hurt to let it go. You had quite a reputation for your antics here. Too bad the new generation has no idea who you are and couldn't care less about finding out. Hope this helps.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you what it is. The dumb fu@k thinks that “metabolic” is two words. Basement Boy abbreviation for comprehensive metabolic = CMB.

It’s CMP, comprehensive metabolic panel, Basement Boy. No wonder you failed your high school equivalency exam.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL, LMFAO!

Learn to spell Basement Boy or look it up first.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even a cursory review of which threads dude comments on and which he does not makes it completely clear he is impersonating a Quest employee and simply tossing word salads. Just nonspecific blather about the business, no knowledge of actual people, could not provide one miniscule fact that proved he was at NSM. Total. Fraud.