Levaquin

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Feb 7, 2006 at 7:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate science.

He (and in 90% of cases it is he) tries to start arguments and upset people.
    Sometimes, he is skeptical, trying to scare people, trying to plant fear in their hearts. Many curezone trolls are people trying to promote Quackwatch / ratbags agenda.

Sometimes, Internet troll is trying to spin conflicting information, is questioning in an insincere manner, flaming discussion, insulting people, turning people against each other, harassing forum members, ignoring warnings from forum moderators.
    Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it, or to report a message to a forum moderator. CureZone moderators usually delete troll messages or block trolls. Negative emotions stirred up by trolls leak over into other discussions. Normally affable people can become bitter after reading an angry interchange between a troll and his victims, and this can poison previously friendly interactions between long-time users.

Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash.

When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave. Their messages become more and more foul, and they post ever more of them. Alternatively, they may protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed. Perhaps the most difficult challenge for a webmaster is deciding whether to take steps against a troll that a few people find entertaining. Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. Ultimately, though, the webmaster has to decide if the troll actually cares about putting on a good show for the regular participants, or is simply playing to an audience of one -- himself.
    Next time you are on a message board and you see a post by somebody whom you think is a troll, and you feel you must reply, simply write a follow-up message entitled "Troll Alert" and type only this:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction and not to respond to rolling messages. It is well known that most people don't read messages that nobody responds to, while 99% of forum visitors first read the longest and the largest threads with the most answers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, so you are the avelox guy. Can't sell your drug, so you try to disrupt this site? Wow, what a loser.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope, I'm the Avelox guy and as typical of some Levo Rep's, you resort to false facts, and 8th grade behavior on this site. I notice you had no intellegent retorts to any of my statements....truth hurts!

Stop drinking the kool aid for a second and see what the company is doing. They are positioning to bail on Levo, just trying to get the last dollars with the 750 dose...opps, I mean the 750 dose that is no better than the 500 dose yet much more expensive.

They are doing a smoke and mirriors sales presentation to both hospitals and PC docs....read the new guidelines...past where 750 is mentioned, you will see what the company allready sees....a drug that is moving out the door, slowly, because your marketing and physician pay off machine is still working, but take a look at that, the money is dropping of there as well...look at how many KOL's have stopped speaking for your company
    How's the pipe line for ortho?? What will you be selling next year...if someone will have you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If all it takes is false facts, 8th grade behavior and unintelligent retorts to take your money every month, what does that say about avelox and your sales team?

You must work for SP and most likely did not come over from Bayer, because no former Bayer rep could ever call someone a liar with a straight face. Avelox and Cipro XR were built on bullshit studies and shady sales tactics. Drs know this, so you have inherited a retarded kid.

I think the main reason no one responds to you with an argument is that we like it when you make your points to drs. We go in right after you do and blow them up with very little work. So, I dont feel like showing you my playbook. Enjoy your career on the JV team.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You still have not addressed my comments about your tactics......again...the truth hurts. Avelox is a better drug...the science shows it, your c diff smokescreen that you bring up is a last grasp at keeping market share by using fear and not facts. Notice in your hospital cost models that you use Cipro generic tablets instead of your own to hide from the Hospital what a crappy contract you have and they are on to you. Even if both drugs were equal, which they are not, you know that cost is everything in the hospitals and by you trying to hide how expensive it will be to stay with Levo or switch, more and more hospitals are going with Avelox. That will translate to greater, apporpriate use in the communities and when that happens, kiss your job good bye. Don't cry at me, you guys had a good run, now do the right thing and move aside for a better, less expensive drug. Doctors laugh at you, the 750 short course is a joke and is turning into at least 10 days, you make your money off of tablets and the hospitals and managed care organizations are going to stop that. Notice how many Medicaid plans you have been kicked off of? We might be JV now, but it's JV college, not your Varsity Senior High. I'd like to know what "bullshit studies and Shady sales tactics" your are talking about.....come on.....thats the pot calling the kettle black.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the avelox dork that stayed home on a Saturday night to post on this board:

If the sales tactics are so bad - why do physicians continue to write levaquin instead of avelox? If the hospital contract is so expensive and wrong - why do we own 90% of hospitals nationwide? If the 750 is so expensive why is my 750 share growing every month for over a year? If levaquin 500mg has "increasing resistance" where are the numbers - not provided by your company - to prove it? Why do hospitals - which we have no control over - still report over 99% strep susceptibilities with the 500mg?

Keep talking CAPRI data, we enjoy it and drs are laughing at YOU. Why was the CAPRI study even conducted? Was the FDA concerned about efficacy..........what was the primary endpoint of that study? Think about it - if we were the joke out there, wouldnt avelox have taken over by now? ITS BEEN OVER 5 YRS. Look at your other products - did it take Vytorin this long to get rolling? Why did Bayer dump this porduct if it had a future? I hope your paycheck is tied to other drugs because there is no money here for you.

Instead of worrying about getting your questions answered, you need to look in the mirror and answer all of the questions above. Clearly you are blinded by your marketing department and have lost touch with reality. Avelox is the second or third option when choosing a quinolone. Always has been always will be. In my territory, avelox is preferred on all major plans and avelox share is 5%. Levaquin is the MOST expensive quinolone (other than Cipro XR) and my share is 25%. That is with ALL antibiotics considered - macrolides, beta lactams, quinolones. How hard can it be for you to sell in a preferred position? Are you that bad of a rep, or is it the drug? I know your numbers say you have higher share, but thats only because your basket is widdled down until it looks good for you.

Avelox is a shitty drug with limited opportunities.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to add to the "catfight", who is the dork, the person who posted at 1am on a Saturday night ........or the person who posted at 4pm on Sunday afternoon.........what...no family or friends so you have to spend it on Cafe Pharma? Levo is dying....enjoy your last year...maybe only half a year....big Hospital Formulary changes coming at Major institutions.......managed care kicking your ass........and one of the biggest jokes, you are now using Cipro to try to keep your hospitals......Hope that pipeline of yours...whoops....sorry, you don't have one.......maybe Pfizer will take you

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just go to Biaxin XL........... it's GENERIC!

Get those resumes ready b/c..................YOU'RE ALL FUCKED!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you're just all fucked-ups anyway. you all missed the point. these meds are turning us into a country of cripples.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J gets subpoena related to certain sales/mktg activities

PrintDisable live quotesRSSDigg itDel.icio.usBy Michael Baron
    Last Update: 9:09 AM ET Mar 12, 2007

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ : Johnson & Johnson
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    JNJ61.79, -0.35, -0.6%) Monday said it's received subpoenas related to certain sales and marketing activities from the U.S. Attorney' Offices in Philadelphia, Boston and San Francisco. The Dow component said the subpoenas related to previously disclosed investigations of the sales and marketing of the drugs Risperdal, Topamax and Natrecor by J&J units. The New Brunswick, N.J.-based company said it plans to cooperate in responding to the subpoenas, which request information about the corporate supervision and oversight of its Janssen, Ortho-McNeil and Scios units. J&J shares closed Friday at $62.14, down 42 cents

Here is the start of the downfall...more to come......get off the sinking ship while you can........wait till the whistler blower news about the illegal rebates/price cuts about procrit hits the news and the off label promotion of Levo investigation starts..........

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didnt see Levaquin on your list - nice try.

What the hell would you sell Levaquin "off label" for? Mild sinusitis? You are a joke.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about off label use in surgery you primary care newbie

Why do you think Ortho was in the Press release....the investigation is growing to other areas.....Hospital Reps in the East and Midwest are being investigated for off label selling.........Also, watch for the news about adverse events when used in surgery and the suits that have been filed.

Know what you are talking about before you try to "man up" and post on this thread

Go back to selling copy paper at Staples and stop trying to play with the big dogs

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey fuckstick -

I didnt know avelox even had a hospital team - so why dont YOU stick to asmanex as clearly YOU are over your head.

Why dont you make a list of MAJOR institutions that you have an exclusive quinolone contract with. Better yet, why dont you count it on your 4 fingers you fuckin mutant. What drug isnt used off label in a hospital? I dont know why I am asking an avelox rep - you guys couldnt find an elevator in a hospital let alone win a contract. Keep lowering your PO pricing - this isnt outpatient managed care newbie - hospitals dont just look at price.

SO GO GET YOUR FUCKIN SHINE BOX.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty nice language from a backwoods levo rep---about what the physicians see. You didn't know Avelox had a Hospital team.....must be a PC newbie.......check the drop in your Hospitals, every day more see the light. The truest indication that you don't have a clue and have never sold in a hospital enviroment is your comment about cost....why do you think you hide your tablet costs in the models you present to them and use generic Cipro tablet numbers.....Hospitals look at price, you know that and thats why you hide the true cost of levo from them....it's "bait and Switch", again, grow a set before you get on the board and show how ignorant you are. If you represent the company, then perhaps another three weeks in training will help to get you to the 7-11 job you are qualified for.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off, there is no such thing as 'levaquin poisoning". Secondly, Ultracet contains acetaminophen (tylenol) for the uninitiated. My guess is that Ultracet four times a day had more to do with rising liver enzymes than ibuprofen or levaquin. But, your point is duly noted. We will take your concerns back to the company and from now on we will not bring any antibiotic to market until we find one that kills all the bugs that you want us to kill AND has zero side effects after we have studied it for 20 years. To those of you who will die from infections in the meantime, well, tough. And for those of you who will pay $500/pill for this wonder antibiotic, well, tough as well.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to say that I was 60 yrs. old when I was given levaquin for pneumonia. No one warned me of any side effects except that I might get diarriha. No one told me not to take this with nsaids. No one told me that I might have tendon damage for the rest of my life. No one told me that I would never sleep well again or have stomach problems for the rest of my life or that I would gain 30 lbs and never be able to take it off. This is poison that is hurting thousands of people. Yes, You're right in that it also helps people.
    All I want to know is why in all the studies that they knew they would be hurting many people, why didn't they come up with some remedys for us? Would it have cost too much money to try to help us? I took good care of myself all my life so that I could enjoy my children and Grandchildren and this is what I got for it. My life has been destroyed. All because of a dr. who gave me the b ig gun meds for something that turned out not to even be pneumonia. Over two years later I'm still crippled from this poison.
    Ask your people why they couldn't do enough research so that we didn't have to have our lives ruined.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like the type that would haul your ass to the doctor's for a virus and upon being told that it is just a virus say "Oh, really? OK" and go on your way. Or are you like most people and "dammit, you know your body and you know you need an antibiotic and you want the STRONG stuff". Nope, no responsibility on your part needed. Just curious. Did you ask anyone about possible side effects before you took it? Did you ask the Pharmacist and get turned down for counseling? If so, you have grounds for a lawsuit unless you signed your name saying you waived counseling. Again, I feel sorry for your plight. Since the drug companies can't seem to make anyone happy these day, maybe we should all close shop and go back to the days before Big Pharma. Think about all the disease and pestilence people will die from, but look at the bright side, there won't be any side effects.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How pleasnt. Wishing something bad on others. Aren't you sweet?