Levaquin

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Feb 7, 2006 at 7:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sell Levaquin. I do not pretend that it can not cause problems. People can have anaphylactic reactions from quinolones and die if not treated....just like can happen with many other drugs. Biaxin in on a list of drugs that can cause SUDDEN DEATH. Biaxin is used even more than quinolones and considered more of a first line drug. I do not think you are a liar or that Levaquin could not cause your problems. It certainly may have a big role in what ever is wrong with you. What I would suggest is that this could happen with many drugs...such as Biaxin....as I listed above. Read almost any PI for any drug and it will probably scare you into not taking that drug. The bottom line is quinolones help more than they hurt. Levaquin may be causing your problems. But it sounds like you have yet to have anyone confirm this. If I were you, I would continue to try to find an answer to rule out other diseases just to be sure. I am sorry for your suffering. I hope Levaquin is not the culprit. I have never heard of a case such as yours...and believe me I do hear the bad with the good when it comes to Levaquin. Fortunately, the good far exceeds the bad....not even close. But onece again, I do not pretend that Levaquin is perfect or that I am not biased. I most certainly am biased. But I also know that quinolones are very powerful and can do more harm than good in some people that do not tolerate it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Levaquin is a good drug but not perfect. No drug is perfect. I would like to see the Levaquin success stories posted to this sight as well. If that were the case, the successes would so far exceed the problems it would put things into perspective very quickly. I am not trying to say Levaquin can't cause some problems...clearly it can just like any other drug. But lets be fair and look at all drugs and not just pick on Levaquin.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love all these jackasses that come on to this sight and tell us reps how we should essentially go in and basically go through the entire list of possible AEs our drugs can cause. In a perfect world we could do this. The problem is that we have 30 seconds and no doc would listen as you read a PI to him or her. Get real. Open up a PDR and read about ANY drug. The list of AEs is so long it will make your head spin. Docs know problems can happen. If they happened as frequently as you make them sound, don't you think the docs might get a clue? After all, they are smart people. But I guess it is all the reps fault for not covering the PI from cover to cover during each visit. Get a fucking clue. Bad shit happens to people. It's not fair and medicine is not perfect. If you want to be 100% safe, don't take anything ever again. That is your only sure bet.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's be honest here. I have been selling Levaquin for 4 years now and believe that it is a great antibiotic, but seriously does anyone selling Levaquin or Leva-pak believe that it should be for the "moderate" patient type? When we launched Leva-pak it was only indicated for CAP, but we were told by our managers and RBDs to target it at "ALL" respiratory infections. Our region even had e-mails that were sent around discussing how to address a physicians concerns around using it for sinusitis and bronchitis when it did not have the indications. For instance pointing out that the Sanford Guide recommends 750 for sinusitis and telling them that means Leva-pak whent he actual regimen is 10 days and before the indication. Or when our vis-aid points out Levaquin as a first-line choice for UTI's when it is really listed as an alternative not a primary. I don't feel comfortable telling a physician to use Leva-pak a huge 750mg dose that does have side-effects. I am a healthy individual in my 30's and I experience stomach cramps and vomiting after taking Leva-pak. JnJ/Pri-Cara/OMP does not really care about the patient, they care about market share and increasing sales. Lets not fool ourselves why we are in this business! It is to sell whatever they give us and take home our bonus checks. [​IMG]

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not comfortable selling the "moderate" patient either. It is a blatant attempt for levo growth, not good healthcare.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go fuck yourself. Nobody cares. I am personally glad your life is ruined. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR SITUATION!!! So get off this forum and go be miserable you fraud.

7. 27166

27166 Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I am not comfortable selling the "moderate" patient either. It is a blatant attempt for levo growth, not good healthcare.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. This company is the most unethical company on the planet. I fucked the LifeScan manager in Phoenix in the ass twice, MAN.

Peace

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I thought this board was down, so I left for a long time...I started this thread thinking that pharm reps were human beings who could and would be willing to discuss medical issues intelligently. The fact that almost all of the posts on this board are anonymous should've given me a clue that this may not be the case. Everywhere on the web where people can post anonymously ends up like this...

Some of you responded kindly, and I thank you for that. The problem, like I stated before, is that many doctors aren't being educated about this particular class of drugs, despite what you may believe. My goal in coming here was to inform you of that, in the hopes of raising awareness among the medical community.

Also, like I said, myriad tests have ruled out any other underlying diseases; I was a healthy 23 year old, and now I'm completely disabled and in nearly constant severe pain. Nearly every single person in the medical field I've talked to about this was woefully uneducated (knew almost nothing) about these drugs, but after reading the PI regarding them, came to the conclusion that Levaquin was the cause of my ailments. (I've only posted like 3 times here, the other victims are, well, other victims).

There are way too many new posts since I was here last to ever hope to respond to all of the attacks regarding everything from to my character to my hygiene (how sad to stoop so low, I'd laugh if the people writing this tripe weren't in charge of passing out medicine).

Some of the most recent posts actually repeated what I was trying to say with all of this, that Levaquin is being pushed more and more to be a first line agent. If you want to do this, go ahead, but the people's lives you destroy are on your conscience. Hell, even start selling this stuff to six month old babies when the current pediatric clinical trials are completed.

And honestly, can you name another drug class that can cause permanent, body-wide disabling adverse reactions? All drugs are dangerous (and many can kill) while a person is taking them, only fluoroquinolones are dangerous for years after.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a shame that you reacted to this particular antibiotic...but you are an EXTREME minority. Many more people are helped by medicinces than hurt. All medicines have risk associated with them. You drew the short straw, but that doesn't mean that others aren't completely satisified.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, I thought this board was down, so I left for a long time...I started this thread thinking that pharm reps were human beings who could and would be willing to discuss medical issues intelligently. The fact that almost all of the posts on this board are anonymous should've given me a clue that this may not be the case. Everywhere on the web where people can post anonymously ends up like this...

Some of you responded kindly, and I thank you for that. The problem, like I stated before, is that many doctors aren't being educated about this particular class of drugs, despite what you may believe. My goal in coming here was to inform you of that, in the hopes of raising awareness among the medical community.

Also, like I said, myriad tests have ruled out any other underlying diseases; I was a healthy 23 year old, and now I'm completely disabled and in nearly constant severe pain. Nearly every single person in the medical field I've talked to about this was woefully uneducated (knew almost nothing) about these drugs, but after reading the PI regarding them, came to the conclusion that Levaquin was the cause of my ailments. (I've only posted like 3 times here, the other victims are, well, other victims).

There are way too many new posts since I was here last to ever hope to respond to all of the attacks regarding everything from to my character to my hygiene (how sad to stoop so low, I'd laugh if the people writing this tripe weren't in charge of passing out medicine).

Some of the most recent posts actually repeated what I was trying to say with all of this, that Levaquin is being pushed more and more to be a first line agent. If you want to do this, go ahead, but the people's lives you destroy are on your conscience. Hell, even start selling this stuff to six month old babies when the current pediatric clinical trials are completed.

And honestly, can you name another drug class that can cause permanent, body-wide disabling adverse reactions? All drugs are dangerous (and many can kill) while a person is taking them, only fluoroquinolones are dangerous for years after.

[/ QUOTE ]

All docs want anymore is lunch and they don't listen to us at all! Sorry this job has become a joke.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what are your thoughts on factive

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is fctive a decent product or will it go away soon?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true...I got on here to ask a question about my severe reaction from Levaquin a while back. I had major joint aches and it literally crippled me for 2 months. I just started back to working out again, and rather than just lifting weights, I started cardio on the eliptical. I have already torn a tendon. The doctor said it was definately from the severe adverse reaction from the Levaquin. The specialty doctor said the same thing. They said the floxins get absorbed into your tissues and are almost impossible to get out of your system. I found drinking a gallon of water a day helps. I know what you mean about the maturity level and humanity of the drug reps. It sounds like all they do is drink a gallon of beer a day, and go and try and smooze the docs. I know, my girlfriend works for a doc, and she said the nurses night out dinners with the pharma reps make you want to vomit.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    So true...I got on here to ask a question about my severe reaction from Levaquin a while back. I had major joint aches and it literally crippled me for 2 months. I just started back to working out again, and rather than just lifting weights, I started cardio on the eliptical. I have already torn a tendon. The doctor said it was definately from the severe adverse reaction from the Levaquin. The specialty doctor said the same thing. They said the floxins get absorbed into your tissues and are almost impossible to get out of your system. I found drinking a gallon of water a day helps. I know what you mean about the maturity level and humanity of the drug reps. It sounds like all they do is drink a gallon of beer a day, and go and try and smooze the docs. I know, my girlfriend works for a doc, and she said the nurses night out dinners with the pharma reps make you want to vomit.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I am sorry that you had an adverse reaction, but read any package insert, all drugs have them. Levaquin helped me quite a bit when I had pneumonia and there were no side effects. As for your little nurse friends, if the dinners are so hard to take, why do they go? As far as I know, this is still a free country. Or maybe they are just little whores who like to go out to eat on someone elses buck, and then criticize them to make themselves feel better about the whole thing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote: I am sorry that you had an adverse reaction, but read any package insert, all drugs have them. Levaquin helped me quite a bit when I had pneumonia and there were no side effects. As for your little nurse friends, if the dinners are so hard to take, why do they go? As far as I know, this is still a free country. Or maybe they are just little whores who like to go out to eat on someone elses buck, and then criticize them to make themselves feel better about the whole thing.
    The only whores I know are OMP reps. Hell, I wouldn't come and listen to your shit if you paid me. I make too much money as it is ($1.2 million last year to be exact), and don't have to waste my time with you guys buying. Yeah, she goes...she has too...her work makes her go. She fucking hates it. At least she gets to take some of your guys money and bring me home free steak! I guess I am taking your money too, bitches! [​IMG]

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote: I am sorry that you had an adverse reaction, but read any package insert, all drugs have them. Levaquin helped me quite a bit when I had pneumonia and there were no side effects. As for your little nurse friends, if the dinners are so hard to take, why do they go? As far as I know, this is still a free country. Or maybe they are just little whores who like to go out to eat on someone elses buck, and then criticize them to make themselves feel better about the whole thing.
    The only whores I know are OMP reps. Hell, I wouldn't come and listen to your shit if you paid me. I make too much money as it is ($1.2 million last year to be exact), and don't have to waste my time with you guys buying. Yeah, she goes...she has too...her work makes her go. She fucking hates it. At least she gets to take some of your guys money and bring me home free steak! I guess I am taking your money too, bitches! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a bitter old queen now, you fucking r*****. get off of our board.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote:
    You sound like a bitter old queen now, you fucking r*****. get off of our board.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, keep posting. Your continual and unending stupidity amuses me. Especially after I get back from a dinner at which your skank of a girlfriend blew me in the men's room of the restaurant. She spit my manchowder onto the dinner she brought home for you, That was'nt bernaise sause!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quote:
    Actually, keep posting. Your continual and unending stupidity amuses me. Especially after I get back from a dinner at which your skank of a girlfriend blew me in the men's room of the restaurant. She spit my manchowder onto the dinner she brought home for you, That was'nt bernaise sause!
    My girlfriend doesn't blow fags with beer bellies. I have seen you receding hair lined, beer belly, so-so dressed, wanna-be businessmen, pharma reps. 99% of you are all the same. Ever make $1.2 million in one year? Not in pharma sales, ha, ha, ha! Think my 5'10, 135 pound, sexy as hell girlfriend wants to be with an ugly piece of shit who makes a quarter of what I make. You make me laugh dick face! By the way, I hope you are using spell check when you do business with your doctors/clients. Hint, "sause" is sauce. I know you were choking your sausage when typing this email, so I will let that one slide. I see how the spelling is similar. However, "was'nt" is what you never were to begin with, and "wasn't" or was not is what you will never be. Loser! [​IMG]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep it up, your dreams make me laugh. If you are such a high powered homo, why are you on this website? I see a jobless loser with time to kill. BTW, your gf has not weighed 135 since she was 10. But then, she probably is 10.