Life after Amgen

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Ex - Amgenite, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found the better opportunity which is Medical Device after being a drug rep for 10yrs. Best move ever yes you can leave the huge base and work on mostly commission and you will be all the better in the long run $ wise and job satisfaction.. Device/Capital Equip Sales equals treated like an adult. Company mentality is so different do it on your own we are not here to spoon feed you great way to work pharma is micro and babysit all across the board.To those doubters try it and you will see what you have been missing real selling !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in this industry for 16 years. My first run was with a company I enjoyed for over 10 years. Amgen made it impossible to pass up an opportunity with them...with their expert wooing. I spent 3 miserable years at Amgen and left 3 years ago. I am now with a third company and have been for three years. I still look back on those three LONG years with Amgen and shudder. It was the worst experience of my life. They have a way of making you feel like you will never be good enough...AND they OWN you. The pay was not nearly what they had projected (and my numbers were good). I am grateful for the experience for one reason.....I am thankful every day that I LEFT!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am delighted that many of you are now much happier that you have left such a difficult place to work. I am also sorry many of you left on terms that were not your own. I will be the first to say that this is often a matter 0f bad luck and most likely does not reflect on your abilities. With that being said, will all of you please grow up. It's a job. A company does not owe you anything. You do something for the company and in return they pay you. That's the deal. That is ALL they owe you. If you don't like it, feel free to move on (Good luck finding a job today). Yes it's wonderful working for a great understanding boss, but that's not always the way things work out. Tough!!! And for those of you complaining about the "Good Old Days" being gone, yeah they are. That's what happens when companies grow. As for Amgen being such a bad place, let me know how many other companies offer the salaries offered here, stock options, restricted stock, full benefits, 401K, Pension (Core Contribution) plan, etc.????? Answer..........Fewer and fewer every day. It's a job and not a hobby, and like any other job it has a good side and a difficult side. I understand satisfaction is not completely tied to pay and benefits, but it really helps. If you don't like the environment and wish to look elsewhere, I really hope you find whqt you are looking for. That is everyones right to do so. But stop whining about what a crappy company Amgen (or any other company for that matter) is because they don't "Respect Me" and they make me "Work too hard." or "They let me go and kept a bunch of losers who are not nearly talented as me." Cry me a freaking river. You sound like those losers on American Idle, who after just butchering a song so brutally that birds fell out of the sky, they yell at the judges and vow "I'll show you Simon, I'll make it big some day." Yeah, good luck. I am sorry the tone of this message might seem harsh. For those of you simply happy to move on, great. But for those of you who want to talk about what a bad company amgen is, thanks for doing us all a favor and leaving. It's not a perfect place to work, but it't better than most.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said, thanks for the debate

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about you, but years of repping in the pharma world, constantly worrying if I'd be let go took it's toll on me with NUMEROUS health problems.

This article just validates that:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090828/sc_livescience/jobinsecurityworseforyourhealththanunemployment

Best of luck to all of you. There is a future out there. Maybe it won't pay as much, but job security and peace of mind are priceless. Not everyone can be rich and we all know, you can't take money with you when you die.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do understand that these negative idiots who post on this site cant even begin to comprehend what you have stated because you did not insult anyone or speak negatively about the company? Your post is spot on but most will ignore it because they want to blame Amgen for all that in their miserable little lives...yet they come back and claim medical device sales or any other job they have since landed is FANTASTIC. They are jealous of all who stay and continue to love Amgen and thrive here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life after Amgen is bliss! What a wonderful life there is on the outside!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you PLEASE get to aisle 6! The customer needs assistance!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vanessa H go back to your own board.
    It has been three years already, get lost and leave us alone

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's good love the reps who are still here. You guys crack me up because you are so afraid to leave the bird's nest of pharma. God forbid you can't ask your babysitter DM ,counterparts,trainers or the company oh no what do I do now. The company your managers and trainers always guide you because they are your crossing guards to get across the street in just about every situation PATHETIC ! You would all go into panic mode if you had to leave the comfort of mommy pharma. From the training to the meetings to the ride alongs you all get treated like children and as long as you stay in this industry you will never get it. Guess what other jobs treat you like adults not children you are all just to afraid to go out and find them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clean up on aisle 7!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Companies change, reps situations change........ it is all par for the course....... take it while you can and move on when you had enough. I did this. Left Amgen after 7 years. It served its purpose for me and now I`m in a better place.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is wonderful that you still enjoy where you work. But in the meantime, your company has not produced anything of value since all the old time workers left. Much bigger company with much more overhead spending with about 2 billion a year in research for what. Nothing of course which means all you happy people are not very productive. Plus as a stockholder, your stock return for the past 9 years sucks. If you don't get something to replace Aranesp in around 3 years, you will be smiling down at the unemployment office.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you? Pushed out the door and now relishing the potential of misery for others. You are a real winner. Old timers who built Amgen should be ashamed of what you have written here. Mouths to feed and mortgages to pay are just as important to us "new folks" as it is to you. So why the negativity?

You are a bitter individual who, if you haven't already, should move on quickly.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, everyone who writes on theis board is NOT a "Rep". In face, most of us probably are not "Reps". And I would love to help the customer in aisle 6 as they, I'm sure, will be much appreciative unlike the the majority of the Manager's at Amgen. I am one of MANY who VOLUNTARILY left with no regret to help the customer in aisle 6!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then stop talking and get over there darn it!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So says the Manager of Aisle 6

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your life after Amgen is so great yet you somehow have the time to hit this board every day of your "fulfilled" little life.

I know the truth loser.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like your style..........so sensitive! Quit wasting your time on this so very important board, and get back to cleaning the executive bathrooms. And, don't pilfer anymore toilet paper, it's company property. Look at what you have done to our EPS.