Life after Amgen

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Ex - Amgenite, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There you go again, enjoying your life after Amgen by being on this board. You are loving life huh?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much so, just writing here on the board, resting, ogling the gorgeous Amgen centerfold babes. Life is good, thanks to the generous year end bonus package. No wonder the execs outstay their welcome.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree completely. I left about a year after the RIF to do science in another forum. Loved Amgen when I started and after about 5 yrs, I felt the organization's goals and mine were at odds with respect to doing the best science. I was trained well there and lucky to have a decent manager for a spell....but the advocacy is something you need to find from day one. There are some REALLY poor managers there...this is one of the big issues that made up my mind to leave. Despite all the naysayers, I love my life doing great things beyond Amgen. Good luck to you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very well said

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recently seperated from ARI
    Would like to hear opinions of the site and the people there.
    It seems i was wrong about what a wonderful place Amgen RI and it's staff were.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you sound confused?
    a: if the place was so bad, why did you do nothing to improve your situation ( leave, talk to management, try to change it)
    b: if the place was good, and you are sad that you were separated from it - what are you wrong about
    c: if it was bad, you are happy to be gone, why are you coming back here to talk about it.

GET A LIFE

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Move on already.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you made the correct choice now ARI is work more with less creating more mistakes stress i used to love Amgen because they cared about your career not just the numbers

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left and went into construction working for myself. Love it, I know it's not for everyone but my post pharma experience has been great.

Getting off the corporate teat was the best thing ever for me.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left and went to Merck. It is nice to be called Dr President.

RMP

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dirty politics

Anyone out there ex-amgenite who can guide us about resignation and relo repayment? How to get off it? In an extremely toxic work environment which is being very detrimental to my health. Management higher up doesnt want to get involved in correcting the dirty politics going on under him. Help!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Dirty politics

Get a job at Merck, their new leadership, AKA your old leadership, will relate to your plight and will help you out. One tiny detail......you have to work in Rahway NJ.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Dirty politics

Just jump!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dirk Moritz, Pedro Viera, Jose Fernando Gomez went on to fuck up other companies

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question: When was the most recent layoffs/RIF at Amgen?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leaving Amgen was, by far, the best decision I ever met. I never realized what a stressful environment it was until I could breath deeply again, sleep again and feel appreciated again. What a wake up call!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't make the decision to leave, the company made it for me while on out on disability. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. It's not good to be in an environment where you lose a little piece of your self every day. Everyone's path is different.. I have many friends who say they still enjoy their jobs there, and many who don't. I don't believe in that culture any more, but for years I did. I am grateful for the opportunity to do something more meaningful. All the videos of grannies with knotted hands now twirling their kids in the air due to Amg wonder drugs are an illusion. So many families go broke trying to save their kids from cancer and trying to afford the wonder drugs- lose their house, retirement everything. That is not so much Amgen as the ridiculous health care system.. but it does not look well for pharmaceuticals in general

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

glad you came back to share such a boring story, always you were let go while on disability for stuff you did while not on disability, and you tried to use disability as a way to prevent yourself from getting fired. We are tired of that tactic and while no longer be held hostage by it. The drugs work, the work great, they help patients, are they expensive YES. what new drugs aren't. very few of our cancer drugs had children indications, so maybe you are thinking of other companies when you spout this affordable health care nonsense

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re-read your post