Life after Birth

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Walking Eagle, Apr 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM.

1. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

In a mother's womb were two babies. One asked the other: "Do you believe in life after delivery?" The other replies, "why, of course. There has to be something ...after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later. "Nonsense," says the other. "There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?" "I don't know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths." The other says "This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short." "I think there is something and maybe it's different than it is here." the other replies, "No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere." "Well, I don't know," says the other, "but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us." "Mother??" You believe in mother? Where is she now? "She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world." "I don't see her, so it's only logical that she doesn't exist." To which the other replied, "sometimes when you're in silence you can hear her, you can perceive her." I believe there is a reality after delivery and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality....

2. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Good parable and thank you for using the word 'believe' because we all have our beliefs but no one really knows until the time comes. Some here try hard to force theirs on others, you don't - so thanks.

I believe that if there were one entity that powerful enough to 'create' all of this, it would be smart enough to realize we're people, not sheep and we all have understandably different thoughts on the matter. I look forward to discussing this with whomever if I find myself 'awake' at that time. I'd also like to ask this entity (if he/she is so powerful) why the hell does he allow the inhuman suffering and I want to put in my 2 cents worth that I think it's bad form not sending someone down to kick some ass here and there as our world so badly needs it right now. And if it's just a nice sleep, like anesthesia, may I RIP. I have no worries and no fears about it. My motivation for being a good man wasn't an afterlife, it's just what I think is best for the world.

3. #3 Walking Eagle, Apr 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    Walking Eagle

One gold fish to another: "WELL, if there is no God, who feeds us and changes the water?"
    To understand what occurs on Earth, you would need to find a good protestant who has really good Bible IQ to explain the Doctrine of the Angelic Conflict. In base terms we on Earth are living out a 'bet' between satan and God. You would also need this person to explain the Doctrine of Free Will.

4. Vagitarian

The thing is, goldfish don't talk. Seriously, I've been there, done that, had it all explained, I don't believe in the Satan & God thing but I don't put people down who do nor do I try to recruit them. I love my life just the way it is.

5. Walking Eagle

If no Supreme Being, how did only we on Earth get here, where did the universe come from? Big Bang? Where did the matter and gases and location for the explosion come from. I know, where did the Supreme being come from... That part we will learn in Heaven. The Bible says God IS and always HAS been. When scientists look at nature they see science, evolution, pure accident. I see God's deft hand in the design. I do not understand how anyone can watch a pregnant woman grow, give birth, and nurture a baby and believe it just some wild accidental result of evolution. Butterflies winter in Mexico and go north in the spring. Evolution or incredibly planned and programmed by a supreme being. This little blue green planet with atmosphere, water, soil, plants, animals, fish, humans just a huge, weird accident? I can only see and believe one possibility. The specifics of the rest of the belief in Christianity is a combination of faith backed up by Biblical study.

6. Vagitarian

I know, I know - but where did this 'Supreme Being' come from?

It just 'appeared' one day? And created all this with lightening bolts? And then made a 'deal' with a guy called the 'Devil'? Really?

What Supreme Being put the Supreme Being here?

Man has had these questions since the beginning of time. They explain it in different ways. Those ways change regularly. Whatever civilization you're born in, the predominent story going around at the time is the one you are most likely to believe.

7. Walking Eagle

Originally Posted by Walking Eagle [​IMG]
    If no Supreme Being, how did only we on Earth get here, where did the universe come from? Big Bang? Where did the matter and gases and location for the explosion come from. I know, where did the Supreme being come from... That part we will learn in Heaven. The Bible says God IS and always HAS been. When scientists look at nature they see science, evolution, pure accident. I see God's deft hand in the design. I do not understand how anyone can watch a pregnant woman grow, give birth, and nurture a baby and believe it just some wild accidental result of evolution. Butterflies winter in Mexico and go north in the spring. Evolution or incredibly planned and programmed by a supreme being. This little blue green planet with atmosphere, water, soil, plants, animals, fish, humans just a huge, weird accident? I can only see and believe one possibility. The specifics of the rest of the belief in Christianity is a combination of faith backed up by Biblical study.

I know, I know - but where did this 'Supreme Being' come from?

It just 'appeared' one day? And created all this with lightening bolts? And then made a 'deal' with a guy called the 'Devil'? Really?

What Supreme Being put the Supreme Being here?

Man has had these questions since the beginning of time. They explain it in different ways. Those ways change regularly. Whatever civilization you're born in, the predominant story going around at the time is the one you are most likely to believe.

All civilizations have has some concept of God (often multiple gods). It is in all of us but some over-ride it with science, logic, etc and never accept by faith. Satan was once God's main angel(no, I do not know when the Angels came to be). Satan got cocky and challenged God for top dog position. He lost and was cast out of Heaven and was sent to a horrible barren, void, dark place called Earth. He tried to create his own realm and failed. He still tried to challenge God. God laid down the ultimate challenge: he would re-form Earth and populate it with his own creatures including one species in his likeness--->Man. The Angelic conflict---God has given Satan the chance to corrupt man who was instilled with inherent, unconscious, knowledge of God.

8. Vagitarian

You know what? If that explanation works for you, peace on earth and more power to you. You seem to be a good man, I hope it all works out. Me? I just do not believe it wall went down that way. I'm a good man, raised 2 great kids and I am enjoying my freedom of (from) religion. I never signed up for your beliefs but I'd fight for your right to have them.

Peace and thanks for the parables. I've used parables now and then myself.

9. Doc Who

Doc Who Active Member

Keep the faith folks. You do know that the Sun and everything revolves around the Earth.:D May one of the many gods be with you.:D

10. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Heal this boy Jesus.

11. Doc Who

Doc Who Active Member

The boy is only human. He cant do shit.

12. Vagitarian

Be careful guys, don't 'force' anyone to take sides. One of our RPs has decided 'that's wrong'.

13. You're just sore because Phoebe put you in your place.

You'd be better served to take your medicine like a man but you're too immature to do that.

14. Vagitarian

You're the one who needs to act like a man. You whined because I had you on ignore then when I took you off, you had to get a girl to stand up to me. :cool:

15. Act like a man for a change and take your medicine and quit lying qbout me.

You make yourself look so ridiculous.