Life after GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you were one of the excellent reps who got laid off Oct 4th, this is likely the week you are deciding between two offers from companies that want you. Your new job will be very different from your job at GSK. The new employer wants to hear your ideas, wants you to be strategic in your business planning, and likes the loyalty you exhibited staying with GSK for 2O years. Your new boss is asking for you to use your critical thinking skills, your creativity, your ability to read your customers and build relationships based on trust. Your new position will pay you to be autonomous, to get the job done without micromanagement, and to partner with your team, not sell against them. You will get about $100k Jan 6th as a goodbye present from an employer that spend the last 7 yrs systematically breaking you down. You will spend the next 6 mths convincing yourself you are, in fact, smart, talented and valuable, unlike how you have felt at GSK. Merry Christmas!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post is spot on!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow.. Thanks for this post. Every day this company does everything to remind me and other reps that we aren't good enough. They're so f'n wrong and I'm really sick of it. It's putting a toll on my family life and have turned me into a bitter person I wasn't before. I'm really looking forward to get the heck out.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well stated. Since recently leaving gsk my overall mood has improved noticeably. The chronic and unnecessary mental toxicity which has become a permanent part of working here is now gone. I sincerely believe that others will also find this to be the case. These were golden handcuffs happily taken off

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post is spot on! The best thing to ever happen to me was to be told October 4th, you will not be retained! GSK is the most toxic place I have ever worked at. I didn't even realize it was as bad as it was until I was out. These last two months I have been detoxing from the toxic. My mood is completely different. My health is getting better. I am happy. People around me can tell the difference. My mental health was so damaged, and it is getting better ever day.

I am setting up options for next year. Companies want me and my skills. I was convinced that I had become worthless, and now realize that I AM really good at what I do. GSK has lost some of the best people they ever had. Congratulations to everyone that was let go! GSK gave you a gift - the gift of happiness! Enjoy your package. If you do not already have something lined up - You will get another job! You will be valued. You will be appreciated. You will be compensated fairly. You will be paid on YOUR performance. You will be HAPPY!

Enjoy the holidays and be thankful that GSK gave you the best present ever - a package and a ticket out of hell!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't agree more with this thread. I became depressed over the last few years and felt absolutely worthless. Very surprising since I consistently kept my market share high but of course never got paid on my numbers. Instead I would be criticized on my work contacts and passed over for the high scores because I just don't have it in me to kiss up to my manager(s)--yes think I had 4 managers over last 5 years!!!! Watched fellow reps in my district and region back stabbing each other and vying for the top scores by BS'ing and doing spread sheets on BS and promoting themselves. Grunt work that was worthless for me since I could just look at my data myself!!!! I mean, really- tons of spreadsheets and busywork keeping me stressed and away from my customers.
    I was so happy to get a package to get out of here and like the above posters I am healing my psyche and looking in different directions for my future career. My only joy is that the creep who was my manager a few years ago got the axe--he ruined a few careers and tried to ruin mine. I hope he struggles to find his way and experiences some of what he gave to others!!! Karma!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the average or approximate severance for less than 5years? My division hasn't been let go but talks have it that in a year or so they plan to cut half sales force and hire contract reps. Can anyone share approximate amount? How much severance are you folks gettin and how many years you been here? Thanks

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you work at gsk you would know...

9. decade501

decade501 New Member

I didn’t get laid off, how can I get laid off?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is like an abusive relationship. We get some awesome perks, but get mistreated for them in return. Your both afraid to leave and willing to endure abuse.

I left GSK and I’ve never been happier. I landed with a great company and been much appreciated there. I was able to find a place where I wouldn’t regret leaving the perks that GSK offers as they offer a much better package and environment.

The toxic environment here is so real. You barely have any control over outcomes as we don’t prescribe, to be falsely blamed for made up issues or not credited for success is in the past for me.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need a good kick in the ass bitch.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a nasty thing to say. The individual was only stating their experience and opinion.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK seems to be spiraling out of control, I wonder how long before the inevitable rot consumes Viiv. The GSK pipeline is mostly air and there are rumors of widespread cuts and layoffs coming pre-break or right thereafter.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How long before GSK jettisons its respiratory division altogether? All this talk of oncology "innovation" makes me nervous. It is not like they have innovated in a long time to know what the hell they are going to do.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not just speculation. There was a direct quote from someone in Oncology R&D that Ellipta portfolio possibly being sold to finance more R&D for Oncology..google in on Fierce Pharma...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for this post. It’s amazing to learn that those of us who left shared so many of the same emotions and improvements in our personal lives since leaving GSK. Thank you for the encouragement. Let’s ignor the few negative comments interjected & focus on our future.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The negative comments are irrelevant. This field has been a mess for a while, anyone who spoke up was treated like they were crazy on this board and now many are speaking the same words that have years of documentation on this board.

Middle fingers up to GSK!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the feeling is the same for people in Consumer. Category was moved to UK and was devasted when we were told. Now I'm much happier than I ever was at GSK. I knew the place was a dysfunctional mess but, like the other person said, the perks were good. There is a life after GSK and it's fantastic !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about a reality break for a minute. GSK was and is a great company. Good people, good benefits and a good work environment. Like any company, there are always issues. However, in the great scheme of things, GSK was and is a great place to work. Many people lost their jobs with downsizing. We all know many. Most found other jobs and in most cases, the jobs and the companies are not as good as what they had at GSK. A few found something better, but that is not the majority. I suspect that those that come on here to tell stories of how things are better elsewhere, feel the need to somehow convince themselves that they have it great, when, in fact, they do not and use this as a coping mechanism.

In the end, it is what it is and be grateful for the time you had at GSK as well as the financial rewards for working at a very good company.