Life after GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is no longer a great company. If you still believe it’s great then you are the one needing a reality check.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Denial is a very good thing to have when you are still working at GSK. If not, then you realize that you are in the most toxic environment in the industry, and to make matters worse, no other company will hire you because you work at GSK!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re delusional.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have left R&D because of the lack of insight and judgement at the new top. I am happy everyday, and make a lot of progress without all the silly process

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U r stupid.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reality GSK is an organization that breaks the law, and has harmed, killed and maimed many for the sake of greed. Period. It is not a good company, but an evil one run by evil people. Good luck compromising your priciples for whoever bosses you around at the GSK camp criminal. I’ll just keep enjoying watching this fresh turd circle the toilet.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK was a phenomenal company at what time no longer the case within the past 5-6 years.The majority of the managers are just protecting their paycheck, love to bash the reps, cannot handle or accept constructive criticism because of their insecurities, no opportunity for upper mobility whatsoever, we all know the rest. Former rep at GSK for over 10 years, no drama, always grinding amidst all the bs. Don't doubt your ability and self worth we are all excellent reps and individuals. Happy New Year 2019, keep up the hustle and stay positive! Peace!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? People are putting their raw feelings out here and you kick them to the curb? The hell we are dealing with is real so go find another puppy to kick to the curb and kindly remove yourself from our existence, PLEASE!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just so you know

GSK several years ago changed their health retirement benefits. If you retire before age 65 you can stay in the group and pay the same premium payments. At age 65 you will be booted out of the group because as GSK sees it you are eligible for Medicare. Retirees receive a health savings account funded based on your years of service. My payment for my wife and I is $2,850 and includes a modest COLA of 1.5%. The money is not taxed!

So, think about it for minute and reconsider leaving if you are staying for the health benefits. The benefit is very small.

This is another example of GSK cost cutting with no regard of grandfathering employees that have been with the company for more than 30 years.

This is a shameful disregard of the social contract that employees counted on by giving service to the company.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The medical benefit is small unless you’re looking to retire from GSK at 55 and have 10 years to go until Medicare. I hit the lottery! Retirement is excellent! Thank you GSK!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a thread that is mostly made up from former GSK people that were kicked out during the various downsizing. They are bitter people that sit around and complain as they had to settle for crappy jobs, when they couldn’t find anything as good as GSK. If they were truly happy elsewhere, they would never look back.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really, we just enjoy speaking the truth and getting you clowns all riled up.....Leadership looks at these posts and defenders get all upset reading the truth......Many great places outside of GSK.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK Great - Ha...when? Versus what competitors?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. This thread is people speaking the truth. Working at McDonalds is better than working at GSK.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at GSK and thought this way, until I got out. GSK’s model of not tracking sales and instead tracking metrics is literally, the laughingstock of the industry. Trust me when I tell you, it’s ok to be at GSK as a new rep., but stay too long at your own peril. Just so you know, as an added benefit the base pay and bonuses are much better at many companies, especially in biotech where I am now.

18. little q

little q new user

That was my experience. Glad to have moved on.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About as accurate an assessment as you’ll see on Cafe Pharma.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with the current GSK sales model rests entirely with field sales management. They are not interested in personal development, but only perfection. Ask yourself the following three questions; (1) Did your field sales manager earn your respect? (2) Do you really value working along side your field sales manager? (3) Did your field sales manager connect with you on some personal level, family, sports, etc.? These are my personal leadership and management principles acquired from decades of professional work since graduating college.