LIFE AFTER MEDTRONIC DIABETES

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board is probably full of people that are either working for Medtronic Diabetes or used to work for them. I used to be one of them, and leaving was a difficult decision but I can tell you it was the best decision I ever made. I am still working in the medical device industry and with any device job comes the pressure of numbers which worked for me. But with this new company it is so much better, when you go to meetings you dont get 197 reps bitching and moaning on how miserable they are, the attitude over here is so much more positive and the average tenure is 4 and half years, unlike at medtronic, which I think is 1 year. I actually make the same amount of money if not more, get to see my family way more and dont have to put with whinny patients. I would put the job at Medtronic Diabetes as one of the worst I ever had. Truely upper management does not care for you, burn and churn attitude. GM is a great salesman but he does not give a shit for you, I think MG is a better person but at the end of day he is GM puppet. It is to bad because they have a great product, only if they could get their shit together and actually care for their people.

Best decision I ever made was to leave Medtronic Diabetes, to bad I wasted years with them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen brother. Been there for sometime now and just won an award and got ripped for having one bad week. Pretty sad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had no life with Medtronic Diabetes. I got out fast and never looked back.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So with that said, can you name 3 companies that offer decent pay, and a better work / home life than Medtronic?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutly, I can offer you a bunch in your own backyard: Medtronic CRDM, Medtronic Vascular, MDT Spine, MDT Neuromodulation, MDT ENT. After thant, go down the list of all the top companies in any division, they offer better pay and better job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic Neuromodulation is especially a good one to be in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you go? I took a job with one of the smaller pump companies and I never see my family. I am miserable making half what I am used to making and travel all the time. When I don't travel--I get talked to about it---so then I try my best to pay my dues. There are not jobs out there to interview for --so I feel stuck until something comes up. There is an insulin job in my area--so back to pharma--would you do that vs. pumps? No overnights!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long did you last? I have only done this for 3 months and think I made the biggest mistake of my life. Can't have anytime to do anything with this job. It is overwhelming.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are jobs out there, you just have to look hard. I am still getting calls to interview for jobs and I am not even looking.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you might as well get out now.....it doesn't get any better, only worse!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life is much better- much. I'll never feel bad for not wanting to put someone on a pump that was having trouble with injections- just because GM, MG, BH, whoever said it was a great "therapy." Accupunture is great therapy too- doesn't mean its for everyone.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'm not sure which of those 3 initials is the biggest ass clown....i'm gonna have to go with BH and his grecian formula

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the fourth one M.D.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big roadblock seems to be no HOspital or OR experience. The Medtronic name gets you noticed, but how are you getting around those hurdles?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd tell them they've hired copier saels reps before without any clinical/medical experience and they turned out well, so why not you? The only thing consistent about recruiters is that they are all inconsistent about what they require in terms of qualifications. Not long ago, there was a big push to bring in sales reps from Cintas, Ikon, ADP, Xerox. I don't think they got any Hospital or OR experience, do you?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback and I agree. All the candidates I have been up against lately are very experienced and all were currently in hospital/OR jobs. I know I am close because I am getting interviews, get good feedback on the interviews, but the deciding factor is always the same. So frustrating!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's up with that freak of a manager in Kansas City? Is he that stuck on himself? I think has mirror in his pocket just for his pleasure!!

WHAT A JERK!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not a fan of the leadership here whatsoever. However, I disagree with your statement on MG. I think that he may be the only one who actually gives a crap about the employees. I am certain the RDs don't. I do love how they talk about the employees being the single greatest asset in the company. Amazing they say this, yet keep screwing us ever chance they get. And YES......... they are puppets. Sadly, no one with a brain is at the strings.

Minimed HAD a good product yesterday..... not today. Tomorrow isn't looking great either. Next century? Maybe.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ONLY WISH I COULD FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left MDT diabetes for a smaller company- got LAYED OFF for 8 months and STILL feel better than I did on a good day there.