Life After Pharmaceutical Sales

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While this would be a great, rewarding option, why on earth would you want to b around fake ass pharma reps at a meeting? It's nothing but a bunch of posers pretending to be something they are not. Sure there are some good folks out there, but I have never seen a bunch of whiny-ass entitled MF'ers in all my life. You think some of your gate keepers shat on you, 'cause they were low on the pecking order and who else better to give attitude to than a drug rep. Who do you think the disgruntled drug rep will shat on, you, the kind, caring event host just doing there job! Sure there are some outliers but I just sit back and watch the wanna-be's at meeting and shake my head.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you look at all health care sales jobs across the health care spectrum, pharmaceutical sales is the bottom of the barrel.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. This comment is obviously from an individual lacking in many ways. A good rep will know their sales aid inside and out, including the sources of information. A great rep will know local healthcare current events to share valuable information with physicians to keep them in the loop. You create your value to your customer so they see you every other week or so. Nothing compares to face to face interactions and building relationships.
    QUOTE="Anonymous, post: 4223765"]Time for a gut check-- do you really do anything different than that? Internal paperwork and ass-kissing doesn't count. In a typical day, what do you do, other than those things, to increase awareness of your product and improve market share? It's a sincere question.[/QUOTE]

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bottom line, Pharma reps are highly paid "sample droppers". Stay too long and you're considered "lazy" sample droppers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, but retirement arrives at 50!!!

See you all there!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's the 21st Century now. You should have majored in engineering instead.