Life is better after Merck! From a former Michigan rep

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 1, 2018 at 2:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I voluntarily left Merck in 2011. After being on board for several years I just couldn't take it. I left and took an associate sales rep position in med device. Given my years of pharma tainting it was hard to find another position with similar pay. But I took a 20% pay cut and bailed. In 12 months I had already starting making 20% more than i was at Merck. Within 3 years I was making double.

I could no longer take the constant threats of layoffs. The 15 by 15. The a@@ kissing by the favorites. The favorites who got special attention from Bill G, Kevin M, and Scott S. The customer trust and values bs, the diluted paycheck, false numbers, and the back stabbing culture that Merck creates. Which by far is the worst of any company I've ever worked for before and after Merck. The pointless meetings, POA, ride alongs, or weekly conference calls. It such a waste.

I realize some of you got the ax without picking your next destination and maybe weren't quite ready to leave but I assure you life is much better after Merck. Yes I still have a quota and conference calls. But I actually have a job that layoffs aren't a regular threat. It really is performance based unlike Merck where he a## kissers get everything.

The a@@ hats that are still around or where really are the losers. So FU Bill G, Kevin M, Scott S, Wayne M, Matt M, Brian K,Corrine, Jamie L, Lisa, John, or any of the back stabbing a@@ kissers that are still around. You all have a pretend job and kiss everyone's a@@ and somehow want to actually keep this job. May your future continue as you will begin to start stabbing each other in the back as Merck goes from 60-32-16-4-0 or whatever they are at. Special FU Scott S and Bill G---two grade A clueless as#holes.

Sincerely,

Every former Merck rep who experienced much more success after Merck

Merck is a joke and so is pharma. Its not even a job. a fricking monkey could do it. Enjoy your sample drop "calls" back stabbing culture, meetings, worthless conference calls and waste of time job...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^^^. Spot on analysis. Worst corporate culture ever. ^^^^

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bill G is a complete tool. No one strokes their own ego more. Total tool who chased many good reps out of the company with his antics. Within 5 minutes of meeting this idiot you knew is whole corporate career. He used to refer to himself as an executive....dude you were a sales manager for a sample drop job....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dave G still around? Talk about a total a@@ kisser. Nice guy but put the kool aid down.

The good ole boys club. That's what we called the Michigan region. Scott S put his blinders on and let Bill G torment everyone. Merck spent a lot of money legally protecting these clowns. Bill was a puppet. The monthly meetings were such a waste of time. Listening to the good ole boys and girls club suck each others a@@. Give me a pearl Wayne would say. Pearl for what, you got a sample drop job.

The stories on some of these managers in Michigan is absurd. Don't know how some of them sleep at night after they tormented reps.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't think all of the BS is different at any other large pharma company because it is not. I am out too now and happily retired listening to all of the complainers.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hard to believe Merck was one the premier corporation of any industry in America...The company is as toxic and corrupt as they come, (complete with the affirmative action CEO that hired to bro down with Obumbo.)

the industry is a complete friggin' joke too...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. So many MERCK reps have only ever worked for Merck. They have no idea that there's nothing unique about Merck. Go anywhere else inside pharma, you'll find the same shit.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jumped from Merck to biotech a year ago and the procedural stuff is the same (edp's, compliance tests, expense crap). However, I am treated like an adult and came over at $2200 more per month, get stock options, better bonus, luxury car and other perks. No pension at biotech but the VERY high 401k (double digits) which pencils out to the same as Merck pension plus 401k.

For those cut I would suggest biotech over big pharma, simply more $$ at the sought after outfits such as Genentech, Celgene, Amgen & Gilead.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No company I’ve ever worked at has as bad of a culture as Merck. Truly the worst company I’ve ever worked at. Been with 3 Pharma companies and now most recently Med device. 2 positions. Merck is far and away the worst.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it. All of you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is encouraging.I have been stuck in pharma for many MANY years and somehow landed at this dungpile known as Pfizer. My manager is a DB. That said, I continue to hear that Merck is actually WORSE than Pfizer. So... for the time being... at least I can take comfort in knowing it could be worse. But probably only by a smidge.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What ever happened with that case where Hispanic rep was allegedly humiliated by manager for being Mexican-- supposedly really rude arguably racist things said to his face. Way over the top. If true, I'd be calling La Raza. Read case online but can't find it now... what gives with Merck management that I find it totally plausible even in this day and age. Sad. You hate to think things like that could happen here. -the only good side of it would be that if it happened to Mexicans in saleforce, it couldn't be many. Why?? let's face it.... how many Hispanics are even employed in the salesforce?? Maybe three or four? It's just wrong.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genius Merck laid off with this recent round an amazing manager in Chicago --who happeded to be Hispanic--- gave a good twenty years to this place and top of the line employee..... the good old boy they kept for Chicago couldn't hold a candle to this one.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless youre close to retirement there’s no reasson to stick around. This is the most useless job. Toxic environment.

I quit in 2014 after many years with Merck. Had several managers during my time. Bill was the worst. Left medical sales and am doing better.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you doing now?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bounced around in genetics and diagnostics and now work in biotech. LOL at big pharma which gives you no skill sets for survival at any level.