Life of an HSBS

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i don't actually do anything. I make shit up. I pretend like I am the expert in accounts and offices. You're not fooling anybody. If the account has limited access I quit attempting to make calls. I send an email and call it a full days work. I am added to a committee and set up Skype meetings to review the previous Skype meeting to make myself feel important and to kill time before BI realizes we KAM/ HSBS don't do a damn thing. We are worthless and generate NO sales for the company. Wake up BI!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep. That's true.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you're saying they're no different from any other BI rep?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no, they are paid more, upgraded company vehicle, etc so from a P&L standpoint they are a HUGE suck for the company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

damn I love this job. We make shit up, drive NO sales, and that's about it. Questions????

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wake up!
    HSBS are the unsung heroes around here.
    Maybe the TBS reps and their managers need to be looked at
    When you’re HSBS gains protocols and niche access to accounts that bozo Trashfield and the newbie BI idiot can’t figure out how to get in to - maybe it’s time to Go To the curb with the useless dead weight called TBS

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy shit bud what world are you living in? NOT reality? You gain access and uncover opportunities? No the fuck you don't do that ever. Please elaborate on your protocol/ pathway wins and on what systems. Now go fuck yourself.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unsung heros? That's why there will be no target sharing next CAP to see what you actually generate. You think for a minute a TBS would trust you with a key provider? Not on your life. The TBS has the relationship with the key providers. You guys suck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having both an HSBS and a TBS is TEAM concept. As the primary responsibility of the HSBS is impacting the assigned Health System(s) that outcome may be in a number of ways the TBS has no experience with or time to do. Where the TBS primary responsibility is daily calls on HCPs within the Health System(s), they have a more clearly defined objective.

I can see how the TBS in the above post(s) is clearly frustrated with the HSBS role as I am sure many HSBS are just as frustrated with their role given the little to no access in many of the assigned Health Systems. So, why vent your frustration at the individuals assigned to those respective roles? It seems to me you should be venting at Management and their buy-in to the consultant feed TEAM concept.

This is not just a BI issue but a pharma industry issue. This TEAM model has been rolled out by Merck, Pfizer, GSK, Sanofi, and they all dropped the model within one to four years after implementation.

After one year of this model, how much longer does it have with BI?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tick tick, tick tick. It won't last through 2018.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another five years at least.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a tenured HSBS I have to add my day is very different from a TBS. I bring a different level of engagement within an account I am responsible for the things the TBS cannot comprehend nor knows how to start approaching . I collaborate quarterly with every one of you ungrateful TBS bloodsuckers meanwhile continuing to move market share over the region by formation of relationships with key decision makers. TBS is nearly jealous that I am able to have some autonomy over my position and not to mention I am in a manager level

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also, your forgot to mention that you're full of horseshit!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you! You DON'T do ANY of the bullshit stated above. What accounts and what initiatives are you claiming success? I call complete bullshit. Respond motherfucker.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How dare you call BS on me! Me and my KAM and the other talented HSBMs have, well, we have a plan. We have a plan to have meetings and stuff with important HS people. And we are planning initiatives. We're going to partner. We're going to share. We're going to mutualize (new cool word, huh?) objectives. We're going to do displays and hang with important TBSs, like CV. We're going to be, well, customer-centric. I like that word because I can use it as a STAR on my MAG and MBO. In short, we are going to INTRAPRENEURALIZE! Take that you HSBS/HSBM doubter!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More like intra - manure - lyze!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love it! Perfect one word explanation of the HSBS/HSBM rolls.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No more worries. These work less unproductive roles will be un masked in the new year.
    No one is safe especially the leadership. Only workers that produce will be kept at company. The days of hospital person with hospital CEO friendship has ended.
    Rep managers will have more field days and less ride with reps. We plan to track all call times and locations with apple devices. This will solve productivity

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck trying to be your usual rep in the offices that are owned. If they are not owned now they will be soon. They won't take samples or do lunches. So unless you cover the system in a role such as the hsbs, you won't have a thing to do. It works top down and you will need more skills than signature gathering to earn your keep. There are ways, just not the old ways. Let's try to just respect each other. None of this is easy.