Lifecell purchase

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will not put PCP reps in surgical sales. As a LC employee, I hope that we get company vehicles like Allergan. I have also heard that Allergan has great benefits & 401K. We will see.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr. or Ms. LC the world as you know it is done. Maybe an upgrade in benefits and a car, but goals so unreachable you will never make minimal if any bonus and don't think for a minute that Forest won't place PC rep in surgical sales. Ask anybody in any division how it has worked out for them since Forest has come to town.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You assume we have reachable goals and a great deal with Acelity. We did not. Could it be worse? Sure, but didn't have a creampuff deal to begin with.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No is assuming anything. Why don't you inquire with any division Allergan has acquired to see what the employees have to say about there working environment before and after Allergan has purchased that company.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing any talk about Allergen breast reps inheriting LifeCell products?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would it help to worry? What difference will that make?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not worried, already been screwed by acquisition and actively looking after watching young inexperienced managers chase anyone off that is older and more experienced than them. Good Luck!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been interviewing with LifeCell and the uncertainty is my main concern.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh naive one---we have all been there!

They will have lifecell reps leave and then "promote" a PC rep making 50k that has been brainwashed into thinking they are the "greatest". Of course this won't happen over night; it will take a little bit of time to get some Forest manager into the position to them "promote" the ones the hired a short year before into this position.

Several AllergN(forest) managers have been promoted into the hospital division on our side already. You have to realize also most of these have ONLY worked for forest; they were in the fast track and went from PC sales rep to DM in less than 3 years(some less than 18 months) ; they think they have all the answers of how to sell and you as a rep know nothing. Also lots of mind games on field rides from many.

We have seen this happening with our IUD (device sales) over the past 2 years. Heck, last yeAr at a meeting in TX the "leader of our division ,CR, bragged at how 70 PC (into 295 positions) reps had been promoted because of their great talents in the last 6 months; when actually legacy Actavis reps had been "managed out" or left on their own accord and the promotions were quick and from the PC pool.

Those of us left are definitely looking but haven't found the position we want or are beat out by all the other displaced reps in our area.

The voice of reason would tell you this would not happen, the forest Way shows differently.

To reply to your other comment--benefits are ok except we still haven't received our 2016 401k match from the company(done after the end of the year); company cars are fine but these will not make up for all you will lose in the process.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't call these young/inexperienced managers, managers. They are glorified high school hall monitors. They are not out to grow the business they are looking for the "GOTCHA MOMENT'. You didn't know this or that. You didn't ask for 4 patients, you didn't have nurse pull EMR list etc... I never seen so many young INEXPERIENCED managers know so much, except at enterprise rent a car.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've worked at both Allergan and Acelity. Acelity was a much better culture, and offered a much better quality of life. At least, for me.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so correct!!! Let's see how I can tell you what you do wrong--never about what you do right!! Some have been around as DMs for 4:5 years but they only m ownthe "forest" way...degrade and play physically go al games on field rides.

A friend of mine had a manager ask he me if she saw unhappy not being successful...she Was in the top 30% of the company. When asked to define success he said only those makin g PC was successful...so the other 90% are losers...they are all egotistical idiots...

My manager told me in the last field ride that now I could expect the numbers to grow now that I had a partner from PC...oh and he had hired her into PC about 8 months before:..

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, I never got that "presidents club or bust" mentality. I worked in an area managed by CR, and that is the culture. If you're not in presidents club, you're a loser. You would think it's something that you were going to have put on your tombstone.

Anyway, I could go on anon. If 90% of the company are losers every year, why did you hire them? What does that say about you if you can't hire people who aren't losers?

That whole forced ranking thing is a crock. I was with old Forest, now Allergan for a decade. I never made presidents club. If you look at my entire tenure, I probably averaged about the 35th percentile. I would be a loser by their standards. Well, I am a loser by their standards, as they ran me out.

Now this loser makes more money than I ever did with them, and works somewhere where you have a plan quota.

I also won our presidents club with my new place, but that's really not a big deal. It's nice, but as long as you're making your number-hundred percent to plan, you're good. No one harps on your rankings.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of the managers on the plastic surgery side are not forest people. For the most part the direct mgrs were plastic reps. they aren't going to stick pharm reps in life cell positions. There is synergy between what Lifecell does and what Allergan plastic surgery reps do on a daily basis. The culture is great over here at Allergan medical, good people, good vision and even though upper has made some mistakes they have done what they could to correct on behalf of reps. They want you to do well, make money and have fun. This was a great idea to acquire Lifecell and if done correctly the company will see market share growth overnight.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea how many plastic reps Allergan currently has and what the culture is like on the surgical side?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The culture is good. And we're not planning on ruining it by adding legacy forest reps. I feel bad for all of you that decided to stay in pharma sales for the long haul. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but surgical won't be your parachute. There are better pharma jobs out there if you look. Good luck with your search.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any updates on what's happening with LifeCell?