Lifescan Layoff updates!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who made it and who is gone? Keep us updated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Find out tomorrow. No news today

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IPT bloodbath

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, what does IPT stand for?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did the calls start?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

numbers are holding at 83 boots on the ground, 12 managers, 8 account managers, 2 in govt, 6 in marketing - directors down to 2. confirmed
    whoever had the 78 number early on is one smart connected person - they were close

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why so many managers?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 83 reps left or 83 cut? This is pretty bad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Important Project Trainers

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insulin Pump Therapy (Animas) Shocked if they are let go.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many Clinical folks as well. Animas is down to what, 50 reps? Thats like 2003.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no way Animas can compete with Medtronic with so few reps.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 8 Account Managers? There are an army of them calling on accounts we don't even do business with anymore? They could easily shed 20 retail account managers overpaid covering 1 account each! Waste at its corporate finest.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly not part of our team if you don't know what IPT stands for

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your an ass. You may think this is only about "your team" but this is bigger than Lifescan. This is about 16 years of bad financial decisions made by the Bush presidency. Unfortunately the impacts on patient care are really what this is about. Again it's not about your team you self ritious pig!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like someone is having a bad day

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a confidential sheet will go to each terminated employee. The info will include the amount of people laid off, the age and gender and length in J&J. This sheet only goes to those and upper management. The emotional toll on each individual whether laid off or not is extremely high today. Let us all respect the process. It does suck and the first impulse is to point fingers. Many still blame Clinton and Bush for the failures of the current admin (BO). Can you look back and blame past leaders of this company as well? Probably, but remember that this is an organization that (as any business) needs to show progress. Are all the past and current levels of leadership fair and decent? Probably not.
    If you are one of the unlucky ones that were laid off, take some time to contain your emotions. Look at ways to use some of your valuable time while looking for the next chapter in your life. Many deserving non profits are always looking for volunteers.
    Those that stay with the company. Make the company appreciate the fact that you are still there. Make a difference to the patients that you have or will help each day.
    For the onlookers and past employees or competition that is curious. Good days are ahead and you will one day find your passion again.
    Be remembered for your good deeds and contributions. A wise friend of mine once told me something I always keep in mind: We as humans are here on this earth for a good time and definitely not a long time. Make the time here worth it!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said. love the political notes! haha

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PEOPLE!! For those of us no longer with the company, let me offer a variety of perspectives.

1. Displaced people yesterday are the lucky ones! Good package. J&J job opportunities with no competition from those not displaced. Job market outside of J&J is improving and many small/medium size companies are looking for quality people. Double dip time, baby!!
    2. Those still employed at DCF, look out. Yesterday was nothing compared to what is coming. PIPs a plenty. Many of you will leave on your own with no package. Future packages will be reduced. You can't apply for other J&J jobs at this time. DCF is dying and it needs to cut more.
    3. J&J cannot sustain operating 2 HQ's for LifeScan and Animas. Something, if not everything will be closed.
    4. Strips made in Scotland and PR cannot compete price wise with those made in India and China. No matter what LFS says about this. I know how costs are structured around the world. IMPOSSIBLE!! Government does not care, they want cheap!!
    5. Animas will NEVER compete with Medtronic. Foolsih, foolish. Should have been sold off years ago. Never was viable. Just added to the entire LifeScan mess. Pulled it down. Near Ponzi like.
    6. RBD's have ZERO clue on what actually goes on in the field. How can it be that in my travels with many "Top TBM's" so many of them got lost when taking me to their top HCP's!! Lost going to yout top HCPs!!! Then, once there, they stumled and mumbledd their pitch. Embarassing to see these people as PCOE winners or recognized for their skills. What a joke and how sad. Everyone, other than the RBD's and senior management know whom you are. Did you never see all the laughter when some PCOE people were named as winners??? Check out their postage bills as they truly "mailed" it in!! And, this just proves that sales people are not needed and mailing samples and information is just as effective and costs a helluva lot less. Or, does it??

So much more to share, but enough for now.