Lifescan Layoff updates!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just off another wasted Friday conference call. Let's go Verio! I can't believe that the 'pipeline' is so robust that we will be viable again. I feel bad for those that got cut but some were just collecting a paycheck. Hey Val, make my job less salary and more commission and I will rock your Ultra world. People just don't get it. Well, it's a little past 10 so I have half a day left to 'Make' calls. LOL

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannot believe that you would post this. I am still unsure of my new territory until next week but I am serving my customers and demonstrating to them using my clinical information that patients need to use us. the fact that you only start at 10 is WRONG and really really UPSETS me. I AM SCREAMING AT YOU. I hope you have a terrible night sleeping!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I take 2 advil Pm every night. no problem sleeping here....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems territories got smaller...interesting. I was assuming they would get larger

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so out of it. People post these to get a rise out of people like you. They are called trolls. They may or may not even work for LFS, you amuse them by falling for it. Focus on posts w/ info u can use or to give your opinion. Notice no one else responded to the troll? I felt sorry for you & thought you might need to be let in on this. Don't post back-that's lame. You're welcome!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Animas was poised to make a profit until LifeScan came in and raped us! Run by people who didn't have a clue about success in the pump world. All the good pump reps are gone and working for companies that actually know how to sell and reward for hard work.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regretfully Animas was mishandled by J&J, but Michel Paul wanted to build an insulin pump co to defeat Medtronic. The clash of titans with Medtronic & Lifescan. If the egos were not so big on both sides, it could have been great. The Animas purchase was a mistake for everyone except the founder who got a fat payday. The people, category and business was never understood or respected by Lifescan. It is too bad what Lifescan has done to The brand & the people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok - whomever really believes that Animas was ever poised to make a profit (before or after J&J) has been smoking something! If you really did the math (and trust me, I did) on ANY of the pump companies, you would quickly figure out that the high cost / high overhead model only works if you have signficant share with the consumable stream. Animas was not even close to making this happen. Anyone who can read a financial statement and do a bit of basic math would be able to figure that out!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But..... it could have been. The bizarre, short sighted decision to partner with Medtronic with the Ultra Link undermined any chance of growth for Animas a year after acquiring it. Walls put up for the sake of protecting the partnership killed off the growth cycle, caused mistrust between once collaborative reps and created a limbo where Animas stagnated. It is now withering and one wonders what the hell they were thinking buying it in the first place.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All Lifescan ever does is lay people off. I am surprised there's anyone left to layoff.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy Crap! Just got notified by a close HR friend of mine that Val is being moved over to run the Aveeno franchise. Wow, congratulations to her. Looks like we still here at LifeScan get to 'train' a new leader and tell them all our war stories and how the culture is so great here.
    cha cha cha changes....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would make her "stay with us for the next 12 to 18 months because we need you" speech seem especially hollow.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Folks - my name is Ed Silverman and I run the Pharmalot site. I'd appreciate it if someone could forward any memo or specfics detailing these changes. I can be reached at ed(at)pharmalot.com You can Google me to verify that I'm legit. Thanks

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great news... couldn't have happened to a more pretentious bunch of a$$ wipes... Enjoy the unemployment line!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The devil you know....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying that Animas was ever going to be profitable or compete with Medtronic, but Lifescan completely destroyed that opco...who's even left at HQ?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lifescan Scotland are laying off 40 staff between R&D and QA, soo no new developments then, Ultra all the way!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats wrong with Verio?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price of the strips for one thing

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't a hit when it was first launched. The pattern technology did not blow anyone's socks off either....