Lifescan Layoff updates!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great news everyone. the management team just started the 2013 PAs (performance appraisals for all you Trolls)
    This means that where you are ranked now (basically through the June numbers) will be where you end. Love the fairness but as always it means I can mail the rest of the year in.
    Oh, BTW (by the way for you internet idiots), inside source indicates that we will be getting notified in September of yet another round of layoffs. Oh what a fun roller coaster ride this has been! Can't wait for this upper management team and especially the old sacred cows (people that have been here forever) to get dumped. We need to lose the old high salaried managers and reps and the account managers that basically suck our profits dry.
    A fresh start! Let some of us young bloods take this place to a productive and profitable place!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard some consultant firm is coming to look at all of the overlap in some companies and that would explain the potential layoffs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the same - I have a contact at ZS that mentioned ideally LFS needs to be at about 80 in sales force total. Reps, account managers and field managers. If this is true then it is more than just a few people.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you 100%, not to mention how over friendly they are with each other as they have built up alliances over the years with each other, and nothing ever gets done properly because of this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what the word I heard as well bouncing around Milpitas shortly after the last round was rolled out. The ZS maps did not make any sense to the person who shared it with me. But it looked like 64 "retail" reps (not sure if that means retail as in pharmacies like the old days, maybe that is their term for primary care sales force.) 8 RBDs, 1 director and a few account managers. Also, office space being looked at in New Jersey (legit, not a rumor) and Milpitas being shut down within 12 months. Crazy. Talk about stream lining. Oh well, as they say we are not here for a long time, but a good time. Drink up.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Customer Service group is lined up. This is an easy transition. LifeScan will offer partial relocation but the new group definitely goes to NJ. Next is Marketing. 1/2 of team will go East (primarily new products group). Meeting space has been set up for early December for team leaders to get tour of the new digs and timing. Finally our company is making a smart financial decision. though it sucks for long time Northern California folks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Jerk wads. quit making us nervous with all the info about the layoffs and transition. I have been at LifeScan for 11 years and get really upset every time this happens. But the worst part is the waiting. I know that Sept is real as far as layoffs. I confirmed with my Manager. Hope I get to 12 years. Good luck everyone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody know who is hiring or a good recruiter?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hag that hired me six months ago has been scratching and clawing to stay on and reach retirement for years.promised me so much when I interviewed but didnt seem to care when i got let go. Good riddance to the worst manager ever and thr most unfriendly and self serving beeotches i ever worked with. Should have known better than to come to his sinking ship. On the bright side, i don't have to sit on endless conference calls being told the sky is falling and that "everything is a non negotiable" and that "you don't want to be on a list" - lol, personally hoping she is on that list in September. seriously if everyone in my region spent more time selling than self promoting themselves maybe this company would be in better shape.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking ship....good luck to everyone!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Business is actually performing better this year. At least in NA.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this ship has more holes than swiss cheese. It is very sad that my manager also keeps saying ..quote..' you dont want to be on a list'
    screw the list. put me and your mother on the 'list'. The sad reality is that Animas is done and LifeScan has too many account managers and inefficient Regional Managers.
    Get out now. I am actively looking to get the hell out of dodge asap

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay riddle me this....the company just had another huge layoff, and now they are posting the same positions on the website!!!! What THE F!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And is going to have another layoff... I mean "reorganization" before the end of the year

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re-org before end of the year? Is this for sure?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it was announced in July right after the lay off. No date but did say there would be another in the near future.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet you all are staying?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meters and strips moving to contract company in early 2014. That means bye bye to positions soon

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is that fact or rumor?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All part of the "restructure."