LifeScan... Out with a whimper.

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, really after years of the culture Val created at Lifescan could these people be any worse? I hope not.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I Laughed at this thread when I saw it last month, but after the all of the changes, coupons meters and letters to HCPs, I think this may be real. I can't find anything online or on the Roche corp site, but I think it sounds about right.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's still J&J and the Vals and Peters are in every sector and operating company. It is just like Lifescan with different people leading the conference calls, saying the right things and doing the wrong things. Get real. All the ass-kissers have to figure out who are the new asses to kiss after years of running after Val and Chris and Peter. Look where it landed you? Trying to figure out who at Janssen is worth sucking up, the next time you will see management

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The drug business has been through their bad times when MD&D was riding high. They've already consolidated all the op cos under one op co. The drug business is also focused on the US market unlike Lifescan looking for profits overseas where they can gouge governments and consumers and play games making profits with the dollar's value to other currencies. So, Janssen may be part of J&J but it's a stronger part. They are not closing direct sales in the US and lying to you while they do it or distracting you with a sales contest while your career goes down the toliet. There may not be a need for a specialty sales force, but it's a job for the holidays rather than the annual Lifescam Christmas layoff. If Janssen reorgs they may backfill with a few Lifescan reps with a pharma resume. For the most part, after 2011, 2012, July 2013, the accidental letter in Nov customers received, if you believe there is a place for a meter sales rep in the Janssen organization, WAKE UP! You can stay and get the severance or proactively find a job. Janssen does not need Lifescan to sell Invokana. The Endos who buy-in to the therapy are already writing. Your relationships got the product in the door. Once the TV commercials start on March 31st, the non-writing docs have peer pressure and patient pressure. How many threads and post does it take before you realize Lifescan is out with a whimper? It is over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lololololololol. A rep on my team brought sucking up to a new level. It was like watching an artist paint, except they only used brown lol. Ridiculous, pointless comments and contributions on every conference call. Emails forwarded to the region with the director copied in on the most gratuitous self serving bs. Taking credit for everything even when playing a minor role. A lot of ass kissing gone to waste. Can't wait to see who they'll be chasing around at the next meeting. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still having a great year. I don't think half the Managers will make it though. Janssen has its core Manager base and will consolidate. Nothing will happen over the Christmas thank goodness.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens to the Lifescan reps next? We've been cut and sliced and diced so many ways. We've been lied to and intimidated. Does anyone know what's next?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once the SMBG biz transfers to Roche we will be solely responsible for invokana. Then who knows, we fill vacancies in the Janssen primary care sales force and who ever doesn't have a spot is gone along with all of the managers who they definitely won't be needed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would the SMBG go to Roche if Val is the Worldwide Global President of Diabetes? What is her product line if Animas is a stand alone and Invokana is Janssen's baby, what is Val's business? So I don't get the OneTouch brand being sold to Roche. The products have enough problems known to JNJ, so why would Roche sign up for that? I can't see why Janssen needs a specialty sales force to sell Invokana? Their retail reps can call on Endos, it's not that hard. Will the Lifescan specialty reps just turn into Janssen retail reps and work for Janssen managers? The Janssen organization has enough RBDs and DBMs to absorb <163 reps w/ open territories at Lifescan. Lifescan DBMs are arrogant to believe they bring some special value to Janssen.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm, did you read the press release at the beginning of this thread?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it impossible that Janssen can keep all Lifescan reps and managers plus Janssen. That sounds a little crazy......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While not having experience with Karen L. or Ashley M. it seems that JNJ has rewarded the vicious one, PM, TL and even Michael P. for not knowing, understanding or trying to learn a market category they had no depth or breadth in AND because of their arrogance, ignorance and ego instead of dominating the US SMBG market like Medtronic does in pumps these guys stumble and fumble the ball then forfeit the game by walking off the field. How can JNJ call that leadership. As a reward these same people are invited to assume leadership of the category worldwide. Lucky the pharma op co is holding the stock price up because shareholders are what the credo is all about. The credo is a PR tool and nothing more and credo is doing its job. How can Val and Petey and Ty help but ride the wave of the worldwide diabetes epidemic and then when those countries get smart they close those countries down. Bad thing is the diabetes crisis will take them through long well paid careers unlike the ones they destroyed running this business into the ground. SLDPs could have run Lifescan when the reimbursement was high and profits were fat but when real leadership was needed real strategy needed to be put in place to make Lifescan bullet proof they failed us and so did the goons before them and so did MP especially by making the CEO job at Lifescan an American Idol audition instead of providing stability to implement a strategy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you handle the truth? I believe you can. Yes Janssen does not NEED all 154 reps that includes open territories and reps being PIP'd out. Yes Virginia there is a layoff coming. Very soon. No sense in having two layoffs in one calendar year. And November was becoming so predictable. And no, Janssen is not crazy. May the force be with you and thank you for your service.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its hard to see the forest for the trees...but the management from top to bottom is currupt.
    Who puts proven losers in charge of launches, roll-outs, business planning sessions, and TPS after redundant TPS report? Who screws up a lancing device launch? There is just so many wrong things that happened in the past 4 years, you'd almost think it was choreographed to turn out the way it did.
    No one would run a business the way these clowns ran business. Wasteful spending, bad implemented ideas that turned the entire culture upside down. The sales force became the ugly stepchild of a company hell bent on destroying itself.
    Who has received a $15.49 overnight package from FEDEX with one piece of paper with a worthless memo inside?
    Who was shipped expired product or promotional coupons? received last minute instructions for a TPS report that took you out of the field, never to be used? updated your career profile for no apparent reason? last minute mid-year review not to touched and forgotten the following week? Promotional or Presidents club trips rolled out and never talked about again?
    I could go on, you could go on...
    How do you have a total collapse in launch in Canada, and then have simms promoted to do the same thing in the US? then hire outside company or disease state RBDs to run regions? I dont get it.....I mean maybe one here or there, but not all and more of it. And all at the same time...
    A billion dollar company, praised 5 years ago with-in and outside the company, to a company that cant get competitive bids done right in a socialized setting, when our Canadian counterparts have already been there.
    How does half to three quarters of a sales force NOT hit quota?
    But he company meets its quota? that never made sense to me...does it to anyone???
    Business fundamentals were definitely lacking...and thus with any company that fails to remember that the sales force of any company is the force that writes the checks for the rest of the company, the grim reaper comes a calling.
    Its sad, because I have been in the industry for MANY years. JNJ has some good business savy people. But unfortunately, there are too many in wrong places. Too many managers for manager sake...not REAL managers, or DIRECTORS, or PRESIDENTS. In name only.
    Most of the people I knew (80%) would do well to start their own business, Do their own thing, or at least start something small. Become independent little by little. a W-2 job is fine, and necessary, but a plan B is nice to have. Good luck to all.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a reason to promote to worldwide diabetes care president & take a couple of sidekicks (Ty & Peter) to take that show on the road.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, over 18,000 views on my little hoax thread. I wonder if I could hit 20k if I added that Roche is going to merge with Bayer, buyout Abbott and own the branded market with the Fingel Turkel sold exclusively at IKEA. You fuckers will believe anything. By the way conference call on Tuesday to announce the specialty re-alignment at Jannsen that will put all former lfs managers on the outside. Good luck.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But the last sentence is true. All the LFSers think they're gold. Buh-bye.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said. Clearly by someone who really cared.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 19,000 views. This is unbelievable, I may start a blog. Every person slowing down to take a look at this road kill of a thread is pushing me closer to 20k. Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to turn the light off on your way out. Actually that's the new company slogan in Milpitas. Thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget your waitresses.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bro, are you fucking kidding me!!?? This is even low by jilted, disgruntled ex-lifescanner standards. I am the OP you imposter. So this hoax post now has a hoax OP. Go start your own thread!!! (Although I like your style and appreciate the bump back up to the top) lololololol.