Ligasure show is over folks

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Intuitive?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same guy posted on all boards the same 2 messages. Intuitive is the company that will let you go once u don't post procedure growth qtr to qtr after they cut your territory down to ..what 3 hospitals . remember grass hopper its a marathon not a sprint . You will go from hero to zero then who will you work for then ...... Of course you don't have enough good relationships to go independent ...those guys make the real money not us chumps pimping our goods for companies. will be interesting to see this year.. our friends from gyrus are launching there harmonic/ bipolar and the cayman is coming back so...more blood in the water

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Intuitive is just like JJ and Covidien?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is performance art. It must be.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, they needed something. The current hemostasis options suck. That said, I don't think there are many docs who were waiting to use the robot until ISI introduced a wristed vessel sealer, so I don't see this having a huge impact on Ligasure sales. Will be interesting to see how a wristed device achieves the necessary compression for a true seal, what the power source will be and if it will be closed loop. Could just be a hyped-up bi-polar with a blade...we'll see.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody can do advanced bipolar that is not an issue. Watch out for Thunderbeat!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

? Why

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But not everyone can effectively sell or market a vessel sealer and there's no reason to believe that Gyrus can start now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the Ligasure "show" is not nearly over. With 30% growth rates, and huge install of capital equipment, years of peer reviewed papers demonstrating safety and efficacy, countless thousands of surgeons trained on the device in the USA and ROW, this show has quite some time to run its course.

Intuitive will capture a percentage of the GYN's who are the "get out of my way I'm coming through" surgeons. However, Intuitive has a lot to prove. Is it effective? Safe i.e. lateral spread? Fast? What is the cost? No doubt many of Intuitive's "captive" surgeons want to control vessel sealing from the console themselves. However, urologic oncology (specifically Nerve sparing prostatectomy) is Intuitive's largest market and hardly any urologists use VS on in this procedure...so there's no "converting" them to endowrist VS.

Again- Ligasure with approximately $1B in worldwide revenues is in a good position.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. The revenue pipeline for robotic URO and GYN procedures is going to dry up eventually and the addition of another expensive endowrist instrument will only add to the ballooning costs of davinci cases. It's going to be increasingly difficult for ISI to keep reporting astronomical growth numbers to the street every quarter. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of years.

In the vessel sealing space, more competition is a good thing as it will further incentivize hospitals to standardize to one technology. So while Ethicon, Conmed, Gyrus and eventually Applied tickle-fight for the #2 spot in VS, the Ligasusre Show will just keep getting better.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conmed? Applied?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, that's rich...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait until Olympus Thunderbeat comes on the scene.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought Applied had theirs shot down by the FDA in December?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I hear it is huge in Indonesia. New Zealand is next!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You Ligasure reps don't get it! Yes the train will keep rolling, but wall street demands growth and your life is soon going to suck! As more players come into the market and just take some of your bunisess, your going to have your managers on your back, daily conferrence calls, and PIPs everywhere. The Ligasure show is not over! But the easy days of "would like some egdge blades with your order?" Are over! Start looking!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competition from whom? Small players with crappy distribution, market presence and / or inferior products? The only one to fear is Applied because they'll take low margins but it's so unlikely that Voyant will work that fearing them is no different than fearing the Minotaur.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

applied hasn't even filed theirs yet if it was shot down, you's see it on the fda website

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if Ligasure show is over, once we launch wireless ultrasonic, we are back to riding the gravy train. After that 2 year ride we will have something else. We have been introducing new products for over 40 years and consistently been a leader in the energy industry. Once we have wireless ultrasonic, we will be the only company that can provide complete standardization when it comes to energy/staplers/sutures/ mesh. Right now is one of the most exciting times to be a Covidien rep. I definately wouldn't jump shop to join Ethigone!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, jackass. Only approvals are listed on the site.