Ligasure show is over folks

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen to the the gyrus rep gettin all pigeon chested!! I've observed three cases with the tigerbeat. First case the jaws melted together. Second case and third case the ultrasonic jaw BROKE OFF. The only way tigerbeat is getting in is because they are N/C evals.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whomever the last rep that stated that all 3 trials ended in broken equipment, is obviously a bald faced liar. Who actually does 3 trials and has 3 broken instruments? What a joke.
    Seriously you are a joke. Quit bashing everyone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about Sonicision now !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No bullshit. 100% true. 3 cases, 3 product failures

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an 18" penis.

No Bullshit. 100% true. 1 penis, 18 inches.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the person who said 3 trials failed and gave reasons i.e. melted together and probe probe.

The console would have prevented the melting as a fail safe function after recognising not tissue present. Probes broken, if this was the case the surgeon would have had to have jammed the probe during a colpotomy against the manipulator. In this the console would have given him prior warning. These are extreme cases and it seems the surgeon who tried was a cowboy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who invited this rookie dipshit?! Have you ever been in an OR? You're a douche, go away. Blame the surgeon! Good thinking, maybe tell him more clearly tht your shit sucks and will break if he uses like ligasure. Be more gentle, right? Oh, must have been an outlier event... Dink.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please be kind and professional. Can't we all just get along? Covidien is a wonderful company with a great suite of products and an excellent future.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien, harmonics and new applied all have wireless, and all reprocessing companies have 510K for them, I worked for the leader in the reprocessing industry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied doesn't even have an energy product, where are you hearing that? Now energy is a me too product?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I reckon an inexperienced surgeon/registrar used this and tried to handle Thunderbeat as if he had ligasure in his hands. A pre-trial chat sorts that out. I agree with many here the surgeon knows his clinical stuff; you know your product. It is best for reps to know your part and not to cross the line into their business.
    There will always be mistakes by surgeons when they get a product that utilises new technology and most ligasure and harmonic reps think its just another device that delivers bipolar and ultrasonic energy...its not!

Olympus have stuffed up their launch but they are now getting traction.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Intuitive CEO mentioned in earnings call that 50% of the install base have vessel sealer. Big hit to ligasure

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have any of you seen/heard about Applied's new energy/vessel sealing device? One of my dr's said they are going to start releasing/evaluating their latest and greatest in the 4th qtr

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Saw a quote in an OR managers office. Their open hand piece is priced at $400

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much revenues Ligasure is generating now on an annual basis?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Have you seen it? Is it in use anywhere?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We haven't seen it in our area, but I'm sure as soon as it does come out at least a 1/3 of my hospitals will switch to it because it will be 1/2 the cost of the Ligasure

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enseal pricing is super aggressive in the Northeast lately. 35% less than the impact and 1537