Lilly does it again

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Sep 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any thoughts on Mondays call. They will decide in January who will stay and who will go based on performance and geography. But nothing was clear. What will performance be based on? 1 yr, 2 yr, last 5 years? Diabetes unit giving out not meeting expectations based on numbers. So great Reps who has 1 or 2 bad years based in poor payer coverage will be out???

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not an insider, but my gut tells me if they are cutting 26 managers, 1 DOS, and 340 reps, they already have territory lines and district map completed. If geography was the number one consideration (you have to live inside your territory), you could be on the chopping block initially. However, if they take into consideration tenure and performance, they could easily forge territory lines and instead of 2 reps in the pool, there would be 4 or 5. All depends on maps and then the pecking order of priority (geography, tenure, performance). I would love to know how a new rep with 1-2 years performance can be compared to a rep with 10+ years? I truly hope tenure trumps performance

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love how once performance is talked about the excuse of payer coverage. Good reps find away to get it done. I've been in the top 50% 11 out of 13 years. The only time I dropped out of top 50% was immediately after a territory change.

A lot of our "tenured" reps can't sell. It's obvious when you see them at meetings- and it shows in the rankings. This job isn't rocket science...tenure and your perceived "relationships" mean very little.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely agree with above poster. Lets say you have been with lilly over 10 years and had 9 great years and 1 or 2 bad ones due to diabetes method.. How would you compare with a new rep who maybe has been with company a short time. Will be interesting to see how everything goes down,

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Complete Garbage! Hey, go try selling in the state of Washington or Wisconsin or against Kaiser Perm etc.

Keep your fake news off of here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Payrt coverage is real. Some states have had poor coverage on lilly products. Some
    Cities have more Medicare and lilly products are not always covered upon launch. That's why this whole metric uses in diabetes with not meeting and meeting expectations based on numbers is complete bs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the only criteria that matters is geography and tenure. There's no way that with the new performance ratings they can differentiate between low/average/high performers because everyone is either rated successful or unsuccessful. Performance will be factored in when a position is open and more than one individual applies and interviews for that position.
    Last year's layoff was different because the entire CV/IHBU groups were eliminated. There was no criteria.
    I agree that this is targeted at trying to get rid of the most tenured/most expensive reps thru an early retirement offering, but once they have those people identified, the remaining folks will win out on tenure. They can't legally get rid of you based on too much tenure - hence the voluntary targeted retirement.
    Good luck to all.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above poster makes a good point. With ratings the way they are now, you can't make a decision in performance based on ratings. Diabetes unit has had many product launches and many of these products did not have formulary coverage on govt programs , some top commercial plans, etc. So a top performer may have had a bad year and received not meeting expectations based on this. They would need to go back about 5 years to get accurate performance.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no consistent correlation between tenure and competence. There are excellent and mediocre reps with 20 years experience just as there are at 5 years.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha the Wisconsin reps are the worst. Have you ever interacted with them? They wouldn't win if they had 100% coverage.

#fact

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By now most of you should realize that we're all just numbers on a spreadsheet. ZS will run a lottery to cut X amount at which point the lottery begins. Rankings, favorites, etc mean squat. Good luck!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we know we are all numbers on a spreadsheet. But the criteria was not made clear. Is it geography, tenure and performance or the other way around. And what's the definition of performance since there is no more rankings, etc.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why only one DOS? Everyone knows the diabetes sales director team is the weakest link in the entire organization.