Lilly separates Elanco business; stock hits new yearly high

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Jul 24, 2018 at 8:09 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investors have welcomed the move of Eli Lilly's decision to separate Elanco Animal Health business. Lilly stock hits a new 52-week high after the earnings announcement. David Ricks said, "As the responses to the Blueprint are considered, we are hopeful that progress will be made on implementing proposals that lower the out-of-pocket cost of medicines for patients. https://news.alphastreet.com/eli-lilly-earnings-q2-2018/

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About time the company shits out this non-productive Turd.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least was a steady producer of profits.
    Your welcome you incompetent, immoral pharma division

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its You're not Your you moron. No wonder you were fired.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch, you are witty, you moron;
    or do you prefer you're a moron?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will be a good thing, unlock the value of each company with better investor visibility & employee focus on each mission. Pegilodecakin and Optaflexx are promising medicines, good phase 3 data and will bring improve revenue.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah baby stock closed at 99.47 today.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to discovering some new medicines rather than wasting our time.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone explain how the IPO will work and what future financial ties Lilly will have to Elanco? The communications have said that Lilly will sale 20 to 25% of the shares. So presumably Lilly receives all the revenue from these shares. What happens to the other 75 to 80% Will Lilly still hold these shares as an investment and possibly can sell these over time? There are also comments regarding Lilly plans to load Elanco with loans. So presumably the money from the loans go to Lilly? At any time will current Lilly shareholders (own shares directly, or hold shares indirectly via 401k plan) be able to swap Lilly shares for Elanco shares at the date of IPO or shortly thereafter?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Antibiotics are growing health issue, so are hormones that increase milk production, but also result in pus at the teats- it is a little sickening to even think about

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody wants pus in their milk.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the IPO, approx 20% of the Elanco shares were made available to the market; Lilly retained ownership of the other 80%. What will happen to those shares? I read / heard somewhere that these will be released to current Lilly shareholders as a type of dividend? Will current Lilly shareholders (direct owners, or indirect such as 401k) receive actual ELAN shares ?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. They will be distributed to the 10,000+ "reallocated" over the past decade.

Next question?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

! I was actually eating some cottage cheese when I read this and will most likely never eat or look at it again!

Good Grief Man! Looking for the Puke Bucket...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still wondering what happens to the remaining 80% of Elanco stock that Lilly held onto after the IPO ?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So we now know that Lilly is providing shareholders an opportunity to trade Lilly shares for Elanco shares (ELAN) and the exchange rate will be 1 LLY = 4.5121 ELAN. Reading through the thick packet of information sent to LLY shareholders, there is a provision that the ELAN shares will only exist for those that made the trade until yearend 2019, then all the shares will be liquidated and moved to an ETF. Does anyone have information on this? Why not just allow the shares to continue as ELAN? I decided to trade some of my 401k shares, not because I have any confidence in Golden Boy Jeff Simmons. He and his business continue to underperform. Rather, there was a 7% discount on the trade between LLY and ELAN. So even if there is a slight gain in ELAN share price this year, the return should be decent before they are liquidated.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is that Elanco and Bayer will announce a merger / deal next week in conjunction with communication of Q2 financial results. Jeff Simmons is so predictable; so here's another shiny nickel to chase, rather than focus on improving ongoing operations. How have the other acquisitions panned out? ELAN's stock yesterday was down over 4%. Here's better Wall Street will punish ELAN shareholders when this is announced.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I made the right call on the acquisition and the impact that would have on Elanco's stock price. Once again Jeffie is on another business deal, pays way too much, neglects operations with their core businesses.

What does Wall Street think about the deal? The stock is currently down over 9 1/2 percent today! Great job, Jeff.