Lilly to cut 3,500 jobs globally

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:08 PM.

1. John L

John L Guest

that was something to expect once this ceo approached, right?
    employees again get the bill for upper mgmt's incompetence

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what the early retirement package is? Lilly used to have phenomenal out the door packages.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hatchet Dave is the bestest CEO ever. Chop! Chop!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

admin:

I know you don't collect or keep IP addresses associated with annonomous posts.

But, can a company hire an outside IT security company and uncover the identity of a poster to this site?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But how will we survive without the Shanghai FIPNet palace??

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And, Vice Presidents and above (M6+) are conveniently not eligible to take the early retirement offer. The place is overrun with VPs that led the company into the bottom of the productivity barrel and reward their golf and country club buddies with promotions. Yet those high paid bozos will keep their jobs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too late! The Russians already know who you are and how you will vote.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well they are giving 6 points this time, unlike January when they would not even give someone a few weeks to get them to 80 points. And a one time severance payout based on years of service. People from other pharma companies say Lilly's severance is subpar. Severance has slowly been cut back over the last decade.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Dave Ricks demonstrating real class and ethics screwing over the folks impacted last January......The primary care and Cardio teams got screwed with no early or enhanced retirement packages . They were all let go April 1st. Scores of reps with less than two years from retirement get to sit back and watch this unethical disgrace literally only a few months since they were let go. How about doing the right thing for once Dave and Grandfathering these folks in to the enhanced early retirement package.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2000 people in the U.S. is a LOT of people. I expect that nobody is safe no matter what division you are in (or where you're located). Too bad though, I've really enjoyed my time here. I hope they pass over diabetes sales unit, but I really doubt it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2,000 minions is a drop in the bucket to leadership. There will be more next year if the pipeline does not produce.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and WHY would they lay people off in the month of December!?!? Nobody is hiring at that time!!! Heartless

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

According to the letter, the employees who take the voluntary exit last day will be Dec 31st. If they don't get 2000 US employees to leave, I would assume that's when the involuntary phase would start.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Santa needs helpers at the Mall.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are all sorry shits. For those that stay, your time will come soon too.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again, Davey moving a huge step closer to realizing his dream goal of no reps in the field in the US. No surprise. We have seen it coming for years. What a poor leader. What an excellent job he does in destroying once thriving companies and ruining the health and welfare of those who have been loyal and given a part of their lives to Lilly. Because, most importantly they care about the ultimate impact to the best of patient care. Shame on you, Ricky. You alone are destroying so many lives in so many ways. You are inhumane, narcissistic and evil. Somehow, someone needs to get you off of your self designated 'throne' for the welfare of all.
    You, Davey Ricky, are evil. I believe in Karma. It will come your way. We may not see it but you will.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we will contract manufacturing to India. Better product quality, speed, cost half Indy overhead.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh it is only a buyout for older people which will be a great deal for those who are here but who really do not want to be. Usually the number is age 55 and people want to do other things and not waste their lives. I say "great" for some people.