Lilly to cut 3,500 jobs globally

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:08 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What Business Unit are you currently a DM? Must not be the DBU......

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right........ spoken like a manager coming from the old Nueroscience Division!! We are no longer in "launch" phase. We will be going down to prelaunch phase of about 500 reps and they will be integrating Specialty rep and PC reps not the same district, just like the old days. Possibly even getting rid of Specialty reps in that ALL reps will be calling on Endos, they will be integrated into your geography. This eliminates duplication in the DM role!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen DM......if Lilly didn't hire a bunch of Millennials who cannot sell or even talk to a doctor, the experienced reps would sell more efficiently and Lilly could hire 1/4 of the current managers. Other companies (Novo/Sanofi) and doctors, laugh at us because of the inexperience that we allow in the field (Millennials, Interns). Those companies would never allow this crap. As a result, Lilly's credibility is going down the tubes. Its sad really.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is funny. I don't see a lot of differences in interactions between the "experienced" reps and the inexperience reps. For the most part most of the reps are playing a game- just like the DM's- the reality is none of us are adding any value to these physicians. From a business perspective you could pay non degree individuals 30k a year to do any of these jobs and probably not lose much in sales. All of our jobs are extremely over paid. It has been a great run and I've made a ton of money because of Lilly.

And btw I'm a DM with 23 years with Lilly. And that is just the cold hard truth of it. Good luck to all.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM here and I have been with lilly over 20 years, based on the info above I have no option but to take the offer 3 years and hope I can find a job that pays adequately. This is a life career change that sucks. Anyone else feeling this way.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to re-read what they said. They said we will go down to 500! That means they have either heard or are guessing that we will have 500 reps. The poster didn't say we are going down by 500 reps.

If there needs to be 2000 people let go in the US, a cut of 1200 helps Ricks get his way.

I hate to admit this, but cafepharma posts tend to have a lot of facts in them and we shall know soon enough.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would agree about the facts on CP. The accuracy has consistently amazed me

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fun Fact: The pea is neither a pea, nor a nut. Discuss.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won't be able to afford Starbucks if I take the 6 and retire neorealism ⭐️

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neutron Ricks always gets his way. Let the Six Sigma hatchet fall where it may. Chop, chop.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So glad i got out a few years back.....so happy and don't miss a day from this company. The good folks will be scooped up by better companies. Those that know their worth will have no problem, those that have hidden in the shadows will be outta luck. it's a much better world outside of Lilly.....

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for saying this. I feel a bit odd after yesterdays call, hence why I'm up at 3am on CP, but you're right. It will be a much better world outside of Lilly and I am already applying.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cuts are all about money, money, money. In a year, this company has had a large expansion in diabetes, cut an entire division a few months later and now adding new divisions while getting rid of the "old" people. + - + - +..... does not equal ethical. Oh, now let's cut all those jobs we just created a year ago, Criteria for those cut from Diabetes is performance then tenure. You just lost your job, well.. in 9 months you will, but let's have meetings next week and spend thousands of $ on over the top dinners, party boats on lakes young reps scrambling to shine in front of upper management in hopes of keeping their job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cuts are all about money, money, money. In a year, this company has had a large expansion in diabetes, cut an entire division a few months later and now adding new divisions while getting rid of the "old" people. + - + - +..... does not equal ethical. Oh, now let's cut all those jobs we just created a year ago, Criteria for those cut from Diabetes is performance then tenure. You just lost your job, well.. in 9 months you will, but let's have meetings next week and spend thousands of $ on over the top dinners, party boats on lakes young reps scrambling to shine in front of upper management in hopes of keeping their job.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Milenials are shining bright, whilst the old legacy dinosaurs slackers are put out to pasture.
    Lights out for the geezers,

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One day, you may be one of the geezers.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old Geezer here and I agree with what another geezer stated..DR is being extremely generous he is my super whimp hero because he is doing what's needed to survive. Get rid of the big salaries and people qualifying for pensions.This is not even up for debate, if you got the letter you have been targeted and if you don't leave you will will be outa here by March end. Why were you targeted?? Because you make way toooooo much Denero and you don't speaka da language, and you are an old fart, so get use to it, don't say poor me. This was a 5 year plan to reduce the enormous dollars we have paid many of the most successful managers, reps and directors and currently you. You are asking why me, because you were the very best Lilly had/has, and you make a shit load of mola$$, you are over 50 and you don't have a diverse bone in yo bod. Also for Lilly to drop this very expensive talent pool over the past 4 to 5 years, it means one thing..Merger time... With Obama care taking existence it only means bad profits in the future for pharma companies, And companies cannot afford any more products not making it to market. If you think you can hang in there because of connections or you are the darling rep.... It isn't going to happen there is one more phase to go and only two to 5 percent will hang, or stay on and those are the tokens that shouldn't a been on the old farts list in the first place only to make it look super duper, (you know the rest). This is why you need to look for a new career, and get out of pharma. Hope this helps and just know that for every sales rep or manager on the sales side it you can get rid of 4 to 6 individuals in manufacturing or in other parts of the company. This is a targeted sales rep and manager get outa Lillys "Leave" program and Lilly could not be kinder, it is time for you to say Adios to this great company and don't look back. Hope I helped you with this important decision. if you don't take the offer you are outa here anyway. See you in Starbucks but this time it will be on your dime.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old Geezer here and happy this is happening, survival of the fittest and this will make Lilly fit.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one at Uncle Eli's place should be feeling safe. This is the annual shell game. DR shuffles the shells and every time he picks up a shell there are fewer employees.

Same crap. Different thanksgiving.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree but with the exception of a few products we got nothing. No one is going to merge with us because it wouldn't be that profitable. We are to bloated even after the 3500.