LinkedIn post about diversity and inclusion

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Jun 5, 2020 at 5:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be clear, the injustices suffered by minorities over a very, very long period is horrible.
    That said, I find statements about D & I, including those posted by Doug on LinkedIn, to be mere words.

Why now ? Why are these proclamations made now? And: be it bias or discrimination, whatever the label, includes ethnicity, gender, age, orientation and some other things.

NNI had been at the forefront on many of these. Though, over more recent years, despite the lip service, I’ve seen people mistreated.

So Doug (and Lars), what’s different ‘now’ ? Please tell us -

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before you ask anyone to answer, you have to put some teeth into your accusations. Anyone can say that a company has discriminated against someone when they aren’t required to provide evidence of that discrimination. If NNI has been at the ‘forefront’ of discriminating against people, then surely you can provide an example of when it happened. Otherwise, just stfu, because you’re giving the same lip service you accuse others of.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NNI is a racist organization. Everyone knows it. Our competitors know it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If everyone knows it, including our competitors, then surely you have one, single example?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely you must be joking about needing specific examples. Take a look around, how is it that 90% of our leaders are white men when they represent less than half of our population? Novo spouts inclusion, but it’s all lip service. I’ve worked for other large pharma companies in the same town and my colleagues did not look like they do at NNI.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here we go again...

Just because you don’t like the outcome doesn’t mean it was racist/sexist actions that got us there. How many women/minorities applied for these leadership positions? How many of them had equal or better qualifications? How many were passed over because of their race or sex? You can’t play this game of assuming racism or sexism because you don’t like the outcome. Is the NBA racist against whites? Is the prison system sexist against women? Is the nursing profession sexist against men?

And, sorry, but your anecdotal story about working in the same town and our population not mirroring the others doesn’t equate to anything. Show me the racist. Who is he? What evidence do you have to back up your claim?

This is a tired argument. If you want to call a person or an organization racist or sexist, you’re going to have to provide examples of how they were racist or sexist, not just point at an outcome you don’t like and assume it was racist or sexist people who got you there.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you always asking for examples knowing very well that posting such cases will lead to the persons being identified?
    All you have to do is look around when you go for POA meetings. NNI is a racist organization and a white supremacist's dream company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can give examples without names. You just don’t have any. I ask for examples because you’re throwing some mighty big accusations out there. Believe it or not, people who aren’t racists take offense to being called one. It seems the least you could do is provide some sort of proof behind your accusations. Or, we can just start calling you a pedophile, and you can simply accept it. Would you prefer it be that way? If so, preach away. If not, provide at least a shred of evidence before saying ugly things about people.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pitty a white guy over 50
    you’re screwed

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope- anybody over 50 is also a victim - welcome to the club!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, you voted for Trump and think he’s Making America Great Again.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HE IS!!!!
    Best President in 3 decades.
    Trump has restructured regulation and the economy, brought back manufacturing and jobs, and cancelled a myriad of mistakes made by past administrations.
    He IS Making America Great Again!
    You should join us!
    Theres plenty of room on this train!
    Keep America Great!!!
    Trump 2020 :)

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to this last post! So refreshing to hear logical arguments without name calling and hurling insults. Keep it fact based and unemotional and you will continue to win over the majority of ppl who are level headed and love this country. Bravo to our Pres

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, I did not vote for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate. Regardless, what does that have to do with asking you to provide even a shred of proof when you refer to a person or a company as racist? Frankly, it seems like a pretty fair ask, doesn’t it? But, as every thread has gone on this topic, it’s just name calling without evidence.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Human Resources and Employee Relations are there to protect the organization. Complaints are brought with supporting documentation. The department "investigates" and finds nothing. If HR/ER found something they would in essence be handing you a lawsuit. So they find nothing, may throw the complainant a raise or promotion if they think the situation is too risky to ignore, pat them on the head, and hope they go away. Status quo remains. Nothing changes. Nothing will change until more people speak up, take action, and it becomes too costly for the organization to continue doing business as usual. Nothing will change until the people on the sidelines, witnessing the discrimination, speak up too.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

110,000+ dead in 3 months, the economy near collapse, soldiers in the streets, cities on fire.

Is America great enough for you yet?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thuggery run amok...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the White House, yes.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1