LinkedIn post about diversity and inclusion

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Jun 5, 2020 at 5:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I say yes to affirmative action. Take the minimum job requirement (College Degree), and then assign a percent to each race that meets that requirement - if 5% of college degree holding individuals are black, that’s the percent you hire. Same with white, Indian, Hispanic, etc. that’s fair.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We already do that

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, so ignorant. Feel sorry for your family.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually, yes - they would be more profitable. Countless studies have shown that more diverse companies do better because multiple perspectives are considered.

And if you think it just so happens that the “best person for the job” is always a white guy, then what is it about black people that you think leads to them to underperform white people? Are they inherently less skilled? Think about what you’re actually saying when you say that.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NNI has a long way to go. It’s sad that this is the Corporate culture during a time of change, and you all work in diabetes. Change needs to be a focus at NNI. This is embarrassing

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re view differs from mine, so I will disparage you and call you names. The Liberal way!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, the irony of this comment!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They probably feel that way for the same reason that you assume that black people being passed over is due to racism. Why is it that when the racial makeup of the company doesn’t meet your personal expectations that you automatically assume racism is the reason? Think about what you’re actually saying when you say that.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so your view is that white people are superior and that is why this company is white at the highest levels.

got it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pure as the driven snow

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when confronted with facts you simply resort back to calling everyone else a racist, got it.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not at all what I said. If you want people to listen, perhaps you should try as well.

There are a whole lot of factors taken into account when hiring someone - race isn’t one of them. You are acting as if it’s the ONLY one. You can cut and slice the demographics of a group of employees any way that you want to tell whatever story you’re trying to tell, but that doesn’t make your story accurate. I don’t assume you got your job based on the color of your skin, so I don’t know why you assume that’s how others got theirs....unless, you want to start identifying the minority candidates who were more qualified and were passed over. If you can’t do that, you’re just running your mouth.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you deny that an old boy network of mostly white people exists or is it just you think as long as they aren't consciously and overtly choosing people because of race, it's okay that they just happen to consistently identify people who look like them, think like them and come from similar backgrounds as them for promotions, development opportunities and mentoring because they're "good fits for the team" with "high potential" and "leadership material"?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're wrong and showing your own ignorance. They have done countless studies on this and our overwhelmingly white leadership team should further reinforce this to you...but you think you got where you are because you're awesome and that it had nothing to do with your skin color. Sorry, you're wrong.

One study showed that an employer reviewing two resumes where only the name was changed was much more likely to call the person named Greg as the person named Jamal.

https://medium.com/@brooke.cusmano/are-emily-and-greg-more-employable-than-lakisha-and-jamal-13d11dfac511

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I am denying that a good old boy network of mostly white people exist an NNI. I know you think there’s a secret society that regularly meets to discuss how to hold down minorities, but it doesn’t happen. Sorry.

And, what exactly are you proposing here? If people’s unconscious actions result in a demographic that you don’t approve of, then what? Do we then consciously choose people due to their race? Forced racial distribution across the company? What is your proposal to fix this problem - and exactly which one are we trying to fix - is it the mystery good old boys network or the thoughts running around in people’s heads they even they are unaware of?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is your smoking gun, then I’m afraid it’s not smoking very much. How exactly do blind callbacks in Chicago compare to supposedly not promoting known employees within NNI? And showing that 90% of whites didn’t get called back whereas 93.5% of blacks didn’t get called back doesn’t sound like rampant racism. But, maybe you should run with it. You seem to be anxious to be a victim of some sort. When you don’t get what you want, it must be due to factors outside of your control and also be due to a massive character flaw in the individuals making the decisions. I hope that works out for you.

And, please answer a question for me. If the prison system is 90% male and only 10% female, does that make it sexist against males? And, if not, then why not?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so your argument is black people are inherently more violent or criminal than white people? Good one.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I simply asked a question about men and women that you didn’t answer. Not sure how you’re drawing the conclusion above. Do you have an answer to my question?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm...males commit 90% of the crimes. Probably more.

What does this have to do with your claim that racism doesn't exist?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait...I thought when we looked at disproportionate outcomes, we assumed, even without evidence, that something unfair drove them. I refuse to accept your answer. It’s sexism. Period. Only 50% of people are male, and the prison system should reflect that. Men are obviously being railroaded by a sexist system.

And, I never said racism doesn’t exist. If you’d like to discuss things, then let’s not fabricate what’s been said.