Linox failures

Discussion in 'Biotronik' started by anonymous, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

okay. Bio says that Linox is 95 percent reliable at 5 years post implant (per their registry)..... linox was a product of "safety by design" etc etc

So why did Bio develop a new Tachy lead if, as they claim, nothing was wrong with their old one(linox)? And BTW, protego is a linox but with a DF4 header.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many have wondered the same.... IF Linox/Protego were so great, why develop Plexus? One could argue that since they have never dipped their foot into the 7Fr tachy lead waters, industry and market pressures pushed them into it. MDT and SJM certainly learned their lessons with 7Fr. Even BSX seems to have remained happy with their 8Fr concept. We all know that BTK, outside of remote monitoring and CLS (benefits <1% of people), has never been one to push the envelope with innovation.

So yeah, a long winded reply that agrees with your why?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CLS only benefits 1 percent of people?? That's BS

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay...... 2%

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Bio....same sad song being sung today. Knee jerk marketing then and now: "we invented home monitoring", "CLS", "no lead recalls".
    Reality: everyone has HM now...most better than BTKs, CLS benefits very few, recalls? low N...and you hide the failures after a 6 month analysis in Berlin.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Linox will bring us down

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do something better with your time. Bash MDT instead

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Curious if any have been told to disable lead check when red alerts come over for lead failure and how you are handling that if the patients are aware/questioning disabling it? We all know Biotronik’s main selling point is “never had a lead recall.”

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes first case I ever checked
    Was told to disable

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IF a clinician actually allows 'lead check' to be disabled for an identified lead failure then they themselves are a moron.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If 'Linox' is or was such a dependable lead then why did BTK completely abandon it right in the middle of its maturity and develop a completely new lead? After all, if you have something that works so well why replace it?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? You must be from Medtronic. Same programmer for last 25 years. You probably suggest Sprint Quattro is best practices still.

Of course, usually new means next level generation clown

Do u drive same car for 10 years? Same model?

Or do u upgrade

Plexa just a better lead.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't get pissy.... Folks are just being objective.

First, it costs a ton of $$$$$$$$$ to get a completely new product through the FDA to market. So, IF Linox was such a great lead, why abandon it right in the middle of its prime years and spend spare $$$$$$$$$$ that BTK doesn't have? Is Plexa a better lead? Better than what? It better be a better lead than Linox as it cost BTK a fortune to replace a lead that had a supposed 99% survivability at 5 years.

"New means next level generation".... Just what does that mean? Plexa is an ICD lead... it senses, it paces and it delivers high voltage energy. Who gives a shit? It does nothing that Sprint Quatro or any of the other leads do. And oh by the way.... According to the numbers, Sprint Quatto is the current SOP. There are 10 times the number of SQs being implanted as Plexus. Plexus' numbers are not even a blip on the radar.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've had a bunch of linox leads come apart in the implanters hands during battery change , trying to get it out of the header

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of people say that but...... they never seem to have picture of it and believe me when you see crazy shit like that you take pictures.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, you're saying I'm lying? why would I take a picture? So someone like you who works for the competition can spread it around across the country and make it go viral like that letter that PR wrote? It's happened to me several times and I know other reps also.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahhh, OK. Whatever you just said.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

because the reps who were seeing failures were not reporting them. there is not a culture of reporting here like at other places ive worked. im not sure i would even know how to report something like that

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

*wouldn't

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

totally agree! was it ever even covered in training?