Linvatec Falls Further Under Darling

Discussion in 'Linvatec' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Headline that continues: This guy is killing us.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean? Are there more lay offs coming?? Are they just trying to move everything to Mexico?? That will kill quality.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question to OP........When do you think you had " quality " ???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why do you think S&N got rid of him. Papa Smurf or Papa Joe just wasn't cutting it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that our quality was better 10 years ago, and from what I recall ConCept was considered a high quality and innovative company. But that is ancient history.

To many of us the quality of the products is still very good until we consider the steady stream of recalls. However, we have not seen the problems addressed in the recalls in my area if we ignore the sterile packaging issues. No handpieces running without the trigger pulled or anything of that sort.

The few people that are left in Largo that I know well seem to be frustrated by infighting and new management who are still learning the products (not just Joe Darling). And yes they are concerned about more layoffs, because many didn't understand the reasons why many of those who were shown the door were chosen. Moving the skilled electronics manufacturing to Mexico concerns all of us.

How is all of that new shoulder business working out for you?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He walked into a mess

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? He has been here two years! When is he responsible for the mess?
    Leadership the difference between other companies and Con-DEAD!
    There is no leadership here in Largo!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heads up more departures coming! This place sucks!
    The "Joe Darling Effect" how to meet mediocrity head on and lose!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Manufactoring was hit today, 20 people.
    Just think, they put in new landscaping, redid the cafeteria, new timeclocks, security cameras, got to pay for all this somehow!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 salaried were let go today also, most dead weight some not.....Joe Darling, who would that be, in 2 years I think I've seen him 2 or 3 times, he is never here....fixing up the place..for sale?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can only hope the place is up for sale. That will be the only way that the jobs that are left will be saved and if sold, jobs will come back to Largo and leave Mexico

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's become a sad place to work with management having no clue how to fix things. They let go the good people to keep the weak employeed. It use to be an open door policy but now they slam the door in your face when they see you coming since JD has been there. Most people are looking for new jobs but in this economy it's hard. The only hope is being sold!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are dead right. If the economy were better, this place would be a ghost town. If JD has the marching orders to trim down and prepare the ugly duckling for prom (to be sold), these actions are somewhat understandable. However, if the objective is to move Linvatec forward in perspective markets, forget it. NOT going to happen the way this clown is running things. Anybody disagree?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which is worse on a resume' admitting you were in rehab or that you worked at Linvatec? Wait if you were in rehab, you at least admit you have a problem!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right! Joe was rarely around from my experience. Probably said 4 words other than hello to me as opposed to Gerald W (Joe's predecessor), who tried to meet at least once a month. We were told that Joe was in the field working with sales and making deals. (anyone notice that Gerald's new company posted record growth & sales?)

I was one of the guys "reorganized" last year. Yeah, I got great reviews and received lots of attaboys for going the extra mile. Ten+ years and see ya! I saw the "dead wood" comment above, and a few of the early layoffs were so. However, most of the displaced were good solid employees that I would not hesitate to hire if I owned the place. Critical employees don't usually know the real job function of some of these people or the direction that they were given by their management.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI: JD has been at Linvatec closer to 3 years than 2.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, Linvatec has been paying him that long. Who knows WHERE the hell he has been! Not in Largo and not in the field....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hark A JD sighting today in Largo He does exhist!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JD was actually on site the past 2 days, What gives? His other job is doing well at the moment?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, now that he's been here for five years.....how's that working out??? LOL