Little strategic direction

Discussion in 'Synergy Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is amazing that experts, wall street and other successful company launches illuminate thta this company has "little strategic direction". Isn't it time to evaluate who is running that for sales? Your VP Sales and ABDs are in over their heads. The best way that the CEO could establish himself as a leader to the shareholders would be to remove the three field leaders from their positions STAT.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4181296-synergy-pharmaceuticals-better-days-likely-ahead-better-opportunities-elsewhere

Apparent undervaluation is often justified

There are dozens and dozens of biotech stocks that appear undervalued. However, most often, there are good reasons for this. In general, the market is pretty accurate when it comes to valuation.

An investment thesis in Synergy was based upon management's ability to strategically partner with a larger company to bring the greatest value, the fastest to its shareholders. This was not the case. They decided to go it all alone.

Big market opportunity does not equate to big money fast
    The constipation market is already constipated. There isn't much of a demand for it, given the market is already concentrated with treatment options. Yes, it can be argued that Trulance is a better product than Linzess and Amitza. However, the scale at which Allergan and Takeda can market their product is much more powerful than what Synergy has been able to do with Trulance.

Drugs that don't sell themselves require massive manpower
    Other companies similar to Synergy in that they decided to go it alone. Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), for example, went to the market with Ingrezza, but has had much better luck than Synergy. Why is this the case? Ingrezza was first-to-market in a large, unaddressed market. Ingrezza is a drug that, for the most part, sells itself. Neurocrine also had far more cash than Synergy to get its product to market and do so successfully. Trulance is not a drug that "sells itself". Not by any stretch of the imagination. It requires mountains of manpower to get the ball rolling - people making calls directly to the physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners who write the prescriptions.

This was a drug that was needed.

Today

Synergy trades at $1.81 with a market cap of $456M. All things considered, it's hard to imagine that Synergy is undervalued, even at these prices. The company still has a debt mess on their hands, overwhelming market competition with little strategic direction, and a mass of shareholders that have little faith in the company (for valid reasons).

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neurocrine's Ingrezza is an amazing therapeutic advancement that has the potential to alter lives in a meaningful way. However, to say Ingrezza sells itself is a serious understatement. Have you ever heard the question- if you don't know what you're looking for you're never going to find it? If doctors and their staff are not completely confident in assessing patients for tardive dyskinesia, prescriptions will not follow. Hope for patients that could benefit from this medication will remain absent. It takes talent, perseverance , resilience , ingenuity humility and passion from many individuals to successfully launch a life-changing therapy.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been saying since inception that the ineffectual SVP and her ABD cronies were a disaster. Sad that the CEO doesn’t act on the obvious. Thanks for your post.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our little angry ex employee is back with a vengeance. I guess your interviews didn’t pan out. Continue to post your hate if it helps you. I’m doing just fine growing my business. It’s hard for you to see from the outside. I do enjoy your rambling so please keep it up. Posting multiple topics is a new one. Place it on your resume. Posting from SA is almost as good as posting from CP. Both are Bloomberg worthy. Not.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such a true statement. I keep hoping that there will be a change or a buyout but I think I am holding on to false hope. When you see so many leaving from the field and high level internal team members I realize I need to have a back up plan. S*it got real. Damn.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like a looney bird having conversations with your invisible friend.
    Apparently you spend the day trolling gossip sites since you’re the only person who knows what SA is