Loestrin24

Discussion in 'Women's Health' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loestin 24 is a great pill/better way of dosing. That poster that said it wasn't good either didn't give it due time, missed pills or should have had hysteroscopy to make sure there was no physical issues missed in a routine pelvic examor pap exam. Did you get an ultrasound exam? In general a bleeding and spotting is to be expected on any pills in the first three months.
    Chances are you left the md office with abnormal expectations or failed in your compliance. Did you take your pills on time or in a window of a couple hours for the first couple of months? If the honest answer is no, you may experience some BTB, common on any pill in the under those conditions under 35 mics. In fact Ortho-Lo was legendary for this. Where you a new start patient? What is your age? So your blanket statement on Loestrin 24 would need more clarification as there are many variables.
    Do you smoke? Do you have any additional medications? What is your weight? Are you sexual active? Are you diabetic? Are you taking any herbal products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope...just a shitty product

Thanks doc

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just switched from Loestrin fe/20 to Loestrin/24 and I havent gotten my period at all for 2 months now. Is that normal?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is it $60 per month? Does anybody know?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your absolutely right, no placebo comparisions for you. Love the Nakijima <sp?> study, WC straightforwardly pointed out the when cmprd to Loestrin 1/20 the number of intercylic bleeding episodes episodes remained the same between the two, e.g. L24 has the same bleeding profile as L 1/20. To bad you don't report the percentage of btb episodes, what your study says is like saying there were 2 accidents in NYC today and 2 yesterday, not bad --what your study is not saying is tht the 2 accidents involved 50% of the ppl in NYC -bad. Check out the % BTB in the dickey guide to contraception - almost 30%, vs Tri-cyclen Lo and Ysmn @ 11% to 14% respectvly.

BTW hot shot are you telling your docs that your shorter lighter period claim dsnt become statistically sig. until cycle 6? And don't forget to remind docs about your excellent managed care coverage, Try Tier 3 on most plans ($35-$45 ),check out fingerpoint formulary.com if you don't believe it. Tri-cyclen lo and DSRP products are generlly Tier 2 or $15-$25

L24 is a scam.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loestrin24 is as solid if not more so then any other product line on the market, for those of you who are trying to find ways to down grade it must either be friends with a Yaz or Ortho rep or be a Yaz or Ortho rep themselves. I think a little competition is healthy in our market!! Good luck!!

Go Loestrin24

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why does Yaz have 5 times the mkt share vs Loestrin 24. Even tricyclen lo has about twice the mkt share vs Loestrin 24. If it is such a great pill why is not being used?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because the product sucks BIG TIME............................................

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much does loestrin24 cost?
    Can I get a one month's supply??

Is there any other bc that is good for shorter periods that is cheaper?

thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It costs about $60 per month and if you have coverage it will probably be a 3rd tier product which means a high co-pay. Yaz is less expensive and is 2nd tier on most plans which means an lower cost for patients and it does provide shorter periods. You phy can rx los1/20 and then you take 3 extra active pills monthly which is the same as Los 1/24 and because Los1/20 is availble in generic it will be cheaper vs Los 1/24. Los1/20 and Los1/24 are the same pills except Los1/24 has 3 extra active pills. You take 24 active pills vs 21.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bs. Yaz and L24 cost the same. Don't listen to this jerk.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price is the same for a cash paying patient but just about all plans Yaz is 2nd tier and L/24 is 3rd tier which makes Yaz less expensive because of the lower co-payments. Don't listen to that JERK.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really does not matter, I was on Loestrin 24 and paying a co-pay of $30 dollars until I switched to a generic pill from Kroger and I pay $9.00 monthly and quite frankly I do not see any difference except the price. The pharmacist told me just about every day they have a patient stop taking their high priced branded birth control and switch to the $9.00 generic and are very happy. And it does not matter what pill your taking- Yaz, Yasmin, or Loestrin 24 their all being switched at retail.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK this is complete crap. Lo 24 and Yaz are BOTH on Tier 2 for some plans and tier 3 for others. DO NOT sit there and say that Lo24 isn't on Tier 2, because it is.

JACKASS!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your the JACKASS, the coverage for yaz and yasmin is much better vs L/24 and if they are the same why is yaz's mkt share about 3-4 times vs L24. Maybe on some small plans they are the same but on all the large national plans Yaz's coverage is much better and one reason why it is used more.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be the jackass since you are working for such a poor company that requires it reps to buy business that never generates any use of your product. When your company a few years ago realized they could not compete for the business the correct way you started to buy the business with little if any success. You call yourself a sales rep - YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING......

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your pharmacist tells you that because they make have a 200% mark up on generics vs. a 10 to 20% mark up on brands. They get paid big bucks to switch people to generics. They are not looking out for you, only for Kroger's profit margin

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your probably correct but the fact still remains by using the generic I am saving about $300 a year. So if Kroger can make more on generics and I can save $300 a year, it seems a win win situation. I know your response is that the drug companies lose and again your are correct but that is where pharmaceutical companies need to launch new drugs not just me too products or slightly altered products. Let's face birth control is not rocket science and to pay $60-65 for a branded pill when I can get one for $9.00 seems a no brainer. J&J currently manufacterers the generic version of cyclen and tricyclen for the generic companies so why should I pay for a branded tricyclen when I can get the generic cheaper.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

many women on generic trycyclen experience btb because a generics bioequivalence only has to be within 20% of the actual dose, but if you are willing to deal with that to save some money that is up to you

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very intelligent and mature response. You feel the need to attack my company regarding lunches and dinner programs, when the conversation at hand was about insurance coverage... Hmmmm.... Does that mean that you lose? You have to be kidding me. You can't even provide a real response to my previous comment. Talk about a sales rep. Do you change the subject when a doc asks you why you progestin can cause hyperkalemia? Why it is a diuretic? "uhhh yeah doc, but what about Lo24 and their commercial? crazy huh?" You are the poor excuse for a salesperson, can't even win this argument. Loser.