Long Live Fully Active Regimens

Discussion in 'HIV reps' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the first offical HIV post, I'd like to reinforce a few points from the new IAS clinical guidelines. First, long live regimens based upon a boosted PI. Second, protect Isentress due to it's low genetic barrier to resistance. Third, use Intelence with a strong backbone due to potential archived mutations. Last, it is essential to perform a tropism test if you intend to use Selzentry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very interesting industry. I am in specialty another division, can you tell about your experience in this industry and what you do? I would like to consider this option career wise

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't want to be in this field

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, most industries are backing off investment.

5. Howard

Howard Guest

Why would you not recommend a career? It's a fascinating therapy area. Unfortunately, the number of patients living with HIV continues to grow, so there will be an ongoing need for new drugs, surely?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient adherence to the prescribed regimen is the key factor for the development of reistance and need for new drugs. Side effects influence this as well. There are a lot of good drugs that work and the newer drug give great efficacy with tolerability. The need for newer drugs may decrease along with profitability. This is why drug companies are scaling back.

7. hermione

hermione Guest

Are these ARV's?
    What's the expected prognosis of a full blown patient when having these regimen?