Looking beyond the smoke screens

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Jun 10, 2017 at 12:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The GC program is a play to improve formulary status with big payers. This should finally provide leverage after 4 brutal years. The GC program was an innovative and ingenious idea. As a rep I am thankful Supernus trusted us enough to make this investment.

What reps really need to start thinking about is what does promoting Trokendi XR look like after they discontinue the GC program? The thought of continuing to sell 93% is hard to swallow as we have played that tune for the past 4 years.

We do have Bipolar for Oxtellar XR coming but that's three years from now. This will count as the product we were going to acquire. I get the concept in investing in products you already own by expanding OXRs label with bipolar. However, I don't understand intentional delays in R&D. I recall a time when our ADD pipeline was fast tracked and set for deploy in 2018.

As long as the GC is in place we will continue to see growth. Whether corporate wants to recognize that is up to them. Like it or not the minute the GC is pulled we can't replace that tool with 93% or selling with more conviction and sense of urgency. This will most likely not double Trokendi XRs market share.

The real question here is what is our future between now and ADD in 2022 which is 5 years from now. This should be the main focus right now.

So I'll start this debate: why the delay for bipolar to three years and why ADD in 5 years? We've been stuck in enrollment for 2 1/2 years for ADD the first simple solution would be expanding study sites to capitalize on our fast track granted by the FDA in 2015.
    You've got the best sales force in the industry. Use us!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, you are smoking some serious shit. WTF makes you think you are even close to the best sales force in the business? You aren't biotech, you aren't oncology, you aren't selling buy and bill. Let me remind you, you little millennial putz. You sell extended release products. Reformulations of generics. The fact that you are going on about the need for the gold card flies in the face of your view of your selling aptitude. Please go back to Enterprise or EJ Gallo where you belong!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The GC program is a play to improve formulary status with big payers. This should finally provide leverage after 4 brutal years. The GC program was an innovative and ingenious idea. As a rep I am thankful Supernus trusted us enough to make this investment.

What reps really need to start thinking about is what does promoting Trokendi XR look like after they discontinue the GC program? The thought of continuing to sell 93% is hard to swallow as we have played that tune for the past 4 years.

We do have Bipolar for Oxtellar XR coming but that's three years from now. This will count as the product we were going to acquire. I get the concept in investing in products you already own by expanding OXRs label with bipolar. However, I don't understand intentional delays in R&D. I recall a time when our ADD pipeline was fast tracked and set for deploy in 2018.

As long as the GC is in place we will continue to see growth. Whether corporate wants to recognize that is up to them. Like it or not the minute the GC is pulled we can't replace that tool with 93% or selling with more conviction and sense of urgency. This will most likely not double Trokendi XRs market share.

The real question here is what is our future between now and ADD in 2022 which is 5 years from now. This should be the main focus right now.

So I'll start this debate: why the delay for bipolar to three years and why ADD in 5 years? We've been stuck in enrollment for 2 1/2 years for ADD the first simple solution would be expanding study sites to capitalize on our fast track granted by the FDA in 2015.
    You've got the best sales force in the industry. Use us!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize more than half our sales force is over 30 y/o with 7-10 years of selling experience...? Even so, we have reps in their 20's with most of them in the top 30% as well. So, I don't know WTF makes you so entitled to speak down on anyone.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These RDs are really something. Wow are they spoiled bitches.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who gives a crap if some of you are over 30 (which must seem ancient in your millennial mind). I am glad some of the newbies are in the top 30% as well. This is awesome since evidently other companies don't have a top 30% to compare to (they do, just in case you were confused).

The point, junior, is that you have a long, long way to go to be touting yourself as the best sales force in the business.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is nothing wrong with having a competitive mind set in thinking you are the best sales person/team. You think all the great athletes, CEO's, sales reps, etc got to where they are because they thought they were mediocre? Why does it bother you so much that some people prefer to think with a glass half full mindset?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question I think that was being asked was related to why our pipeline has been delayed by 5 Fucking yrs. You dipshit.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes. Please let's get back to that discussion. I would like to know why our pipeline has been put on hold for so long despite FDA fast track. I'm a rep here, and it directly relates to my future with a company I actually like and would like to stay with. But another 4-5 years of selling our current drugs vs our ADD ones is not what I was hoping for. No saying I would not or could not do it, just wondering at the reasoning behind the delay. Some reasonable explanation would be appreciated.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys kill me. Intentional delay? Really? You think the pipeline is behind on purpose? Reasonable explanantion? You expect anything reasonable to be posted on this board? This board is for complaining and for misery to find the one thing I think desires most.....company

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I repd carbatrol for Shire and we never got to our pipeline. Looks like they are doing the same thing to you :(

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. Old Shire reps offering wise words again. Good to see you still have so little going on that you check in on us. Ever ask yourself why you are so interested in Supernus? I know you really wanted to see us fail...sorry. Sounds like a fulfilling life you lead

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thank you for extending the Gc

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Thank you! For real.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay folks, success is dependent on your geo, period. I have been on both sides of that equation and there are reps, now RD, who have been too. For the newbies (less than 2 years) you'll figure that out eventually. Your RD will tell you differently. They're supposed to, that's their job.But that is especially true in awful geo's like the northeast (Boston comes to mind).

In response to pipeline, think of it this way. The "leaders" of Supernus (or any co) are like puppeteers. They pull whatever string they need to garner an action or result. With the new migraine indication for TXR, the company figures they can gain X amount of revenue with X amont of sales reps until said year (call it 2018). 40 reps is not a lot, but will help to reach more PC offices and should bridge the company until they launch or get new indications. Would they prefer to launch a new indication sooner? Yes, but a new drug entirely? Not necessary. The company is still young and, as other posters pointed out, the reps are young. There's a reason why their hiring practices target non-pharma reps working in blue collar positions. Best of luck and take the experience for what it's worth.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have no idea what your talking about. It is pretty entertaining to read someone with absolutely no clue profess their opinion anonymously and with conviction tho. At least you have yourself convinced

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell me how many reps promoted to RD didn't have Medicaid coverage!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biggest douche bags in the company? Roy has to be considered one of the tops!!! Thoughts?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bashing people anonymously and trying to get others to join in? That makes it real easy, YOU are the biggest douche at this company

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow. Hilarious. We have a couple of guys here in the mid west that are literally the worst. One guy keeps pushing me to join his wife's R&F bullshit. The worst.