looking for a job

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just spoke to a good friend of mine that works for this great company....3 people in his territory are looking for a new job. I'm sure there are plenty of people waiting in line to replace them though....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know one that will be gone in by the end of November.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? What district? Or should I ask, what district isn't?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the average income for a terr mgr here?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average? Probably 85k. Very few out of 200+ reps make 100k on a consistent basis. Hell, for that matter, very few stay here for more than a couple years. Here's the skinny.

Base is around 45-55k. Commissions paid quarterly and they adjust it every single quarter. Last quarter was brutal...not many hit their numbers and if your district and zone don't hit you miss out on an extra 5k bonus per quarter. Say you hit it every 1/4...there's 20k. Then your commissions paid on "upgrades". Possibly another 10-15k per 1/4 if you're workin it. Keep in mind, this scenario is for the guys/gals at the top. Essentially, it's an entry level gig with a bunch of US Surgical burnouts running the show. At the end of the day, you're still selling trocars.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many cases a day do you average pulling in 85k?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should be in at least ten to twelve a week at the low end.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you average 3 cases a day on the low end and the rest of your time is delegated to calling on surgeons out in the field? So what is the level of involvement / interaction in the O.R. with this role?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on the cases. Single incision GelPoint case is more involved than a bush league trocar case. It also depends on whether you are doing an eval vs a surgeon preference case. If you work for Applied, you will get all the info you need. Plus, you will have an amazing training course. Remember the bell when you were in third grade? Get used to it again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what's the over/under on the amount of jib jabs these days? lol

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic. I can't believe they wasted our time with those. All the time I wasted in my life watching those dipshit videos in training pisses me off. All the fake laughs were hilarious though.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You loved them. I remember seeing you laughing. Don't fake it and try to look all tough now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, no, no, you have it all wrong... Don't you know the reason they play the videos is to entertain the stupid reps that are coming through training? The talent pool is so bad, they have to dummy the course down to a sesame street level to keep you dumb fucks engaged. No wonder though, when they don't pay worth a shit...beggars can't be choosers, nothing like scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a warm body in the territory. The reps have to pass with a 90 or better during finals week. I heard for the past few classes, the majority shouldn't have even received 70 they sucked so bad. So congrats to you dipshits, you made it through! Although I do have to say it is impressive of you if you are using this as a stepping stone to break into medical.... the only good thing recruiters have to say about Applied is that they have a great training program. Keep hiring losers though, and even that will go away.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job absoultly sucks. managers can't even approve overnight shipping. the organizaional ladder is very sad. Burn out US surgical people trying to run the show by fear. I mean, really - if you dont pass a role play you will be fired. What jackass really spits out that foolish verbatum crap. Every customer would vomit on you. The only promotion, is to get hire somewhere else.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very True...

... Wrong Company for The Territory.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest