looking for others

Discussion in 'Alza' started by Anonymous, May 21, 2004 at 2:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is D. Parker still with OMP? Still in TN? Thank you, S. Williams

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alza was a great company back in '94, '95, '96. '97. When the Vivus folks and Baker Norton came on, things began to change. When you mention ALZA (all caps) you need to think about the ORIGINAL team

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Is D. Parker still with OMP? Still in TN? Thank you, S. Williams

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I heard he was still a DM in NC.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was on the ORIGINAL team?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ABD - Bob Sala, Bob Burd, Andy Trevers, Butch Bagwell
    NAM - Gary Slade, Walter Schmid, Joey O, DIck Stone, Dell Nordstrom, Dick Stone, Bob. Flannelly, Lois Gobson, Bill Miggins
    Reps - Gary Fernandez, Byrona Early, Karen ?, Sherrie?, Kyle Armstrong, Jerry ?, Dick Runtz, Mike Miller, Kim Lease, Bob Donfield, Larry ?, Kathryn Furie, BJ Ferguson, Christina Carroll, Joe Fernandez, Joe Liguori, Raub Beitel; I am sure I have left some out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was Dr. Mario there then?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is K delaney? M rogers?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last I heard Walter Schmid was a DM in NC with OMP. Still living on the coast and loving his boat. I miss that guy!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walter retired. Sala retired. Burd retired. Excellent list of the original team. Let's not forget lovable Tim McBride. He tried! Alas, where have all the flowers gone?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd love to know the author of the "list" above...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no list without "Q"...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. "Q" is still with a division of J&J. Hasn't changed much at all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob Sala...what a looser. He was pushed out of Sandoz, eventually ended up at ICN. He was so proud of his license plate which spelled 1 allas. He would bost if you were ahead of him and looked in your rear view mirror you would read the plate as Salla 1. Wow, I see him in my dust, look back and he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important I would read the licence plate to see who the looser is behind me. Hay Bob, could it be Ron Norko looking in his rear view mirror.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cut it out - Sala was GREAT !!!!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob let us do what we needed to do. He's cool.

Byroena, where are you?!? I miss you!! Thanks for everything.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love hearing the names from the "old" days. It's been almost 10 years. It would hard to create the original ALZA culture again.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First time on the sight, I was with alza for many years, still glad to see that we are still around. By the way I worked for Bob Hood at vivus and alza he is one great guy.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to the guy named George something? He was a RD based out of Portland. That guy was one arrogant tool.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See, some of you are remembering the ALZA post Vivus and Baker Norton. A previous post listed the ORIGINAL ALZA - No george in Portland. That was Sala's realm.

Believe me, the early days were the times worth mentioning. Once the other companies were acquired, life changed and good people left.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on there. Till the day I die I will regret leaving Q off of the list. I love that guy. One of the kindest, most professional people I have ever met in my entire life.

By the way, how many of you were there at the first training meeting when Del tried to coach us on "good opening statements"? We threw shit at him (and he laughed just as hard as we did). Do you remember having Dr. Zaffaroni come and spend an hour with us talking about how the company was started? That is like being at Ford when Henry was still there. I also left some home office names off:

John Satter (another great guy) Steve Cartt, Mary Margret Davies (not Margret Theewus, she came later) Heidi, and the Butt Man himself.

The truth is, there was an Alza sales force way before we got there, and it was disbanded when Alza was briefly owned by Ciba-Geigy. John Satter told me about it once.

I'll tell you what, we never knew back then what a great ride it was going to be. And Alza was not always a lucrative place, but it was always a fun place where your primary, if not only focus, was producing results.

Oh Yeah - I left off a few whose names I could not remember because they did not stay long: We had a guy from Virginia in the first class who left almost immediately, the girl from Tennessee, a guy from Seattle and another guy from Southern Cal. There was a young kid from North Carolina who looked like Clark Kent. Peggy Aparicio from New Orleans.

I wonder if those guys understand what they threw away.