LTC vs Neuroscience Expansion Positions

Discussion in 'Acadia Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 23, 2020 at 12:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok let’s get this discussion started. How are these postions viewed within the company? Does one pay better than the other?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am curious as well

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a phone screen tomorrow. Anyone have one yet?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

for LTC or neuroscience?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neuro

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes Neuro is the way to go. It’s like primary care with samples. You only have to sella handful of MD/NP that like N and your good to go. LTC is much more complex, have to sell to multiple stake holders to get 1RX, then go through reimbursement issue. Many times the facility or family get fed up and decline the start and stick with the AP that has been working keep mom/dad sedated. LTC will also be shut down for accessibility, you need to get in multiple times to educate everyone involved in the process. Good drug but TV ads and radio may have better return on investment than paying reps +150k x 120 reps to drop donuts and marketing pieces. ACADIA will learn this and like other Pharma companies drop LTC and hire back up in 2 yrs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there a big difference in pay between the two positions?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think what the previous poster was saying, hooked on phonics as they may be, is that LTC will be a challenge for years to come.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nursing homes always sucked and will be even worse now after covid. I’d say neuro position much better.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both good positions with a good company that cares about its people. If ltc/NSS rep get along and work well with each other it will be even better. Problem is that doesn’t happen much.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salary range + commission?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s your current salary + bonus package in your current role? Let me know and I can tell you if this will be a good move for you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

110 + 28 bonus is my current

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specialty or primary care? If specialty, you are under paid and could financially benefit at Acadia if your exp qualifies for the position?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this place just like any other PITA big pharma Co?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who interviewed for LTC roles get a offer yet?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Majority of LTC offers have already been extended. No news means you did not get the offer. Seriously.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When do zoom interviews begin for neuroscience positions?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Likely 2nd week of July. Offers planned to go out sometime in August with Nov 1 start date. That’s the plane as of now pending any more covid stuff.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am hearing the upper end is 135k plus bonus
    Not sure if accurate but I believe it’s based on experience