Lynn Bever

Discussion in 'Stuart Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Friends, I just found this in the AZN forum, and thought others might appreciate knowing about Lynn's passing. Evidently, it was the outcome of a tragic snowmobiling accident.

I have not been with AZ or in the industry for almost nine years now. Was with the company for close to 20 years. 10 in oncology where I did 50M in sales during my tenure. No counterparts. Just me. Was bumped back to PC when onc downsized and shown the door 3 years later. I wasn't bitter. I understood that it was just a business decision that, unfortunately, impacted me in a negative way. No hard feelings towards the company or anyone involved. Until today.

Lynn Bever, on of the hardest working reps that has ever worked for the company, had over 30 years on the job. I had not seen Lynn in several years, but she had beem a mentor in mu early years with the company and we had kept tabs on eachother through social media and many, many mutual freinds.

I believe she started with Stuart, went through every merger, acquisition and layoff from ICI to AZ, and through it all was dedicated to to company, its' customers, and yes, the patients as well, unlike today's brand of reps and managers. She was an example of what a professional in this industry, at any level, should aspire to.

In most companies, someone who brought that much value and dedication to an organization, should have been allowed to go out on her own terms. Instead, I was told that Lynn was unceremoniously terminated in December for having substandard "numbers" in her last 2 years. Her first day of official "retirement" was January 1, 2019.

I just found out that Lynn passed away yesterday when a snowmobile she was driving went through the ice on a northern Michigan lake. If her 30 or 40-something DSM would have allowed her to go out on her own terms, I know Lynn would have been working right up until 5:00 this afternoon. And that sickens me.

RIP Lynn......

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very sad news.