Major loss for ocre team

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 11, 2018 at 7:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amy V was an integral part of this launch. We can only hope this transformation of losing her doesn’t cause the Ocre team to fall apart. It’s a huge loss and I hope everyone understands how much she contributed to the unmatched launch. She will be dearly missed. Big shoes to fill.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's a joke, right?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Either a joke or Amy

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t know anyone that believes she brought any value, vision, or an original thought.

5. #5 anonymous, Jun 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018 at 3:47 PM
    anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. As someone who's been with the franchise for nearly three years, I'll comment on this.

Are our leaders perfect, gosh no... But did they do the best that they could with what information and resources they had? YES.

In that respect Amy is one of the besit senior leaders I've worked for. Transparent, warm, and accountable. She couod have easily thrown her directs under the bus for issues this franchise is facing. But she hasn't, she stood in front of us all and apologized.

I'm proud to be a part of this franchise, and its launch... and in turn grateful to Amy for the opportunity.

To those hurling stones, about any leader are you a part of the solution or part of the problem?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, MA. I’m sure Amy is so touched to have you running to her defense. Now go snuggle with TM since Amy is leaving you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such an amazingly disappointing post. How about really stepping up and being a leader and saving employees from losing their jobs and livelihood? Believe me, they have the power to do it if they would stick their neck out a bit. This can easily be done by administering hiring freezes on all levels. Cost savings and better efficiency could be done by eliminated wasteful mailings out to all employees, over the top spending at meetings, taking the “extra day” out of the National Meeting, excessive alcohol spending. All of these simple changes could amount to multi million dollar savings while at the same time saving the employees, which is the foundation of a good company to begin with. There should be absolutely no reason to let go of any employees right now. Who deserves to cry? Amy (with the extremely fake tears) on stage because SHE CHOSE to take a $ promotion to Sweden or an employee that is going to lose their livelihood and has to scramble to find a job to support themselves? So let’s see. Amy I supposed to cry for Amy who will be making more money and spending a short time in Sweden or the employee that is thrown away like garbage for no fault of their own? The leaders here are both cowards and have no principles. It’s clear how incredibly silly your comments are now.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how many years do you propose that a company retain employees that are no longer necessary from a business perspective? 3 years, 5 years, indefinitely? Entitled much?

Also please share examples of where companies have made spending cuts for the expressed purpose of "saving employees". We'd all be very interested in seeing those examples.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting. The reason you came to Gene was because all the perks they gave you and you willfully indulged in the following...

mailings out to all employees, over the top spending at meetings, taking the “extra day” out of the National Meeting, excessive alcohol spending.

Now you believe they should be taken away? Not the same tune when you were enjoying those fringe benefits. Just be grateful that it lasted as long as it did and that you’ll receive a generous separation package. There is a life outside of Genentech. You’ll be fine without all the perks. Good luck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey there, you realize MA's been around the brand for 5 years...?

PS-That's just spiteful! Frankly I kinda hope you're one of the displaced individuals with that attitude

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The level of self-deception is unbelievable here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t blame her for sticking up for herself. Lol