Major Re-Org???

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard there has been some major lay-offs in the medical supply/ device sector..... Whats the scoop???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard about that, but not real sure what it is all about... I heard we might lose our themometry??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have heard about 30% of imaging/nuclear sales force is gone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm, IS has had big lay offs, business administration is thinning out, MC, CB, District Mngrs reporting directly to KM...sounds like they are getting ready to clean out redundant employment. Who knows, maybe the DMs will be gone and the reps will be reporting directly to the big guy. Sounds like Covidien may have a buyer and wants to make the books look stronger. How is IP and TCaps (seasonal) going to keep a sales force alive until the new POTENTIAL products hit the bag? Are they going to hit the bag? Temaz is going bye-bye and the 22.5 has a new manufacturer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was major blood shed yesterday as HR informed President's, VP's, Regional mgmt, field sales that their positions were "no longer needed". I know......my position was eliminated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was absolutely no thought behind who was axed. Reps that were top performers were terminated and reps that were bottom of the pile kept their positions. Not sure who the numbskull was but I hope they get what they got....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blame Jeff H, Nino G, Greg K and the NEW PC&SP leadership for screwing up the GBU. They put all their eggs in one basket with the NPWT device that never developed. Who would focus all their resources and money on a product when there already is a huge market leader and several other companies coming out with their own NPWT devices? It was ugly yesterday and it's not over. Oh and by the way, the person who planned the integration and submitted the proposal to Jim C and Joe A of who stays and who goes has only been with the company for a little over a year. The new guy Woody from Smith and Nephew who they interviewed last August to replace Jeff is another joke. Go on the Smith & Nephew board and read what they have to say about him. This clown is responsible for screwing up Smith and Nephew Wound Care with his purchase of Blue Sky. And what does Joe A do? He hires this guy to run the new GBU, which many speculate will become the largest GBU of Covidien (bigger than Surgical Devices f/k/a US Surgical/Confluent). What's up with these guys and NPWT? People might disagree with me, but I strongly believe that we were much better off when we were Tyco Healthcare. It has been all downhill since we became Covidien. Good luck to all my former colleagues who lost their jobs. P.S. I hope people don't plan to go to the Summer Outing at Gillette stadium tomorrow (yah, nice two days after the layoff).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get off our board, cafe pharma

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division was cut? Were Vince Galloway, Mark Lindsey or Mickey Neher laid off?

Thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of Clinical Care Sales, US Marketing, Global Marketing and R&D.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SAY A PRAYER FOR ALL OF THOSE IMPACTED...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure they thought they need to spice this board up, as there's nothing interesting in pharma sales.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's the training department doing? Any changes there?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you're all a bunch of dipshits. look around and you'll understand why there have been layoffs. ever think of the fact that we are in a recession???????????

everybody that posted before me is a complete dipshit and you all are a bunch of whining pussies.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Signed,
    The Guy who has a job and doesnt care about anyone but themself.
    GO AMERICA!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a pleasant sort, aren't you?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contrast/Imaging sales and mgmt went through a huge cut. Then Nuclear went through a "re-org". They cut or demoted half of the regional managers. Now there's talk of shutting down the pharmacies. Anyone hear of any updates?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a rumor today that the pharmacies (nuclear) were going to be sold, anyone else hearing anything?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you morons take this over to the Covidien board under MEDICAL DEVICES.

This is the pharma board. Pharma is where it's at, you know.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imaging is Pharma dumbass! Pay attention!