Make more money or bigger impact in surgery

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had Mitek rep asked me what Arthrex reps typically make. Found out he is making drastically more then I am. Should I care? I make an impact on every surgery I take part in. He doesn't need to be in the room. I basically run the show at my two hospitals.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newsflash: you are replaceable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Run the show"??? That's hilarious....previous poster was spot on, you are replaceable. Considering the Mitek rep is making more than you I'm assuming you haven't been doing this forever which leads me to believe someone else was "running the show" before you were. You are on par for the course in regards to what you get paid most likely. You open boxes and make sure they are stocked. And you live at your only two accounts that you have so your only growth would come from your annual price increase in which you gouge your best accounts. Sounds about right for arthrex. Stay where your at, managing two accounts and growing an open territory are two completely different animals and if you think "you're the man" because you have most of the biz in 2 accounts doesn't mean squat...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12+ year rep here. You are sadly mistaken if you think your running any show.

If your a show runner how much liability do you carry.

When it really hits the fan I'm sure your "Manager" takes care of it.

Your a box opener= short timer.

keep telling your loser frat friends that you tell the doctor what to do. He's only using your stuff becuase you flew him to Naples and you call him a consultant.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, my friend, are exactly what's wrong with this once respected profession. Exactly what show do you run? F@#$ing idiot is what you are

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are no layman but are a valuable professional asset to the patient, the surgical team and to Arthrex.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I'm guessing the OP is just repeating what they were taught in training, this seems to be the norm in my territory, the Arthrex reps walk around like roosters! I have heard them call surgeons, surgery centers, and hospitals theirs over and over, the disgusting thing is how often the customers go along with it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard Arthrex reps say they were hoping my device would fail during a trial, I've seen them move or hide my product, and I've heard them beg a surgeon to use more product so that they could reach their quota. It's all about what they can get, they have no idea why they are really there, for the patient; if they would just do there job and stop being so egotistical things would be much better. I know they are not the only company like this, but Arthrex seems to encourage and train this behavior.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it's all about what we can get. Our quotas are big, and most quotas are not realistic. Our competitors quotas are basically do better than last year and show some sort of growth. Not with Arthrex, you hit your number or you do not get bonus. Or even worse, you lose your distributorship or get fired.

Sorry about the cheap shots of hiding your stuff. That is low class. It's not about the patient anymore either, but that is an entirely different subject.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...if it is all about being there for the patient then Arthrex actually wins because they are there when you are not. You can't rely on your product being pulled if you aren't there. I can't recall the number of times where I am on a case for a particular product and the doc turns to me and asks if I have the competitors product that was on the table and if I do, he uses my product. Why does a doc do this? Because he appreciates that that I am there an wants to reward the excellent service.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what you're saying is essentially, to the surgeon it may not matter much which product he uses in many cases. The day is soon coming when the hospital will decide which vendor is in the door and then decide whether the added cost of a salesman is ultimately necessary.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why the OP said he has 2 accounts. How hard is 2 accounts to manage?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone makes more money than us and works much less than us. This includes all other ortho reps and other specialties too.

Decide for yourself what you want to do. Working for Arthrex is challenging and fun b/c the sports med products are head and shoulders above the competition. If you know jack shit about sports med, you know this is true.

But it's unfortunate that Arthrex provides no long-term incentive to stay for the reps. Other companies pay much better, provide territory expenses, offer great health insurance, 401K and even stock options for top performers. We dont even have a Presidents Club, let alone the ability to actually take a vacation where you're not answering calls b/c there is no one else to cover for you.

Arthrex is a great place to start and gain OR experience. After working there, everything else has been a piece of cake.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree that Arthrex has superiority within sports medicine. Biomet is clearly improving market share and infiltrating certain markets. Why would that be? Innovation?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also agree about product superiority. Arthrex has great products but it's not like other companies competing do not either. We compete in a "me too" world folks and having the best product is not always a factor in market share nowadays. Arthrex has two approaches to the market. 1. Come out with a large number of new products, throw them at surgeons, see what sticks... I see it over and over again.. And trust me, a large number of your new products are crap too and typically won't see the light of day or you simply modify an existing product and call it a "game changer" and charge the facility more $... 2. Let someone else innovate, see how it does in the market, copy it.... Patented arthrex move...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also Arthrex has better physician relationships who are loyal to our style of service

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't finish how this plays out. First the doc knows superior quality on every product, so he can try with confidence. Then the best part is that 8 times out of 10 the Doc prefers the Arthrex product that fellas is we grow our business not running from doc to doc pushing our wares. At Arthrex we soft sell, as we are servicing the account we upgrade every other product we can and there are lots of opportunities to make suggestions and have trials. Since we are on all the docs cases guess who has the strongest relationship as well...yep Arthrex.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you Arthrex reps get what you deserve! I love how proud you are! You are working more than most and making WAY less, I'm guessing math was not your strongest subject in school! For those of you who have not figured it out yet, keep up the good work; you are making the guys in Florida a lot of money.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scrub tech