MammoSite Division

Discussion in 'Cytyc Surgical Products' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, I'm in the interviewing process for a sales position selling MammoSite. Please give me your honest thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Holgoic specific to this division. Where do you see this product/division and brachytherapy industry heading in the next 5 years? What are top reps, avg and low end reps making annually? Tell me about the comp plan. Thanks for your input!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Product sucks and oh, and this is how you spell "Hologic".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No kidding, obviously a typo. Apparently you have the time to troll the message boards looking for spelling mistakes. Oh and thanks for providing so much information, you over did it...."product sucks". WOW that's enlightening.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't sell Mammosite but the company is solid and I really enjoy working here. I am on the GYN surgical side and have been here about 4 years. I'm sorry that I cannot speak to the $ part but I thought I would encourage you to go for it on the company side. Hologic is thriving and has a solid future, despite the low stock price. Good luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't speak to the Hologic culture or pay scale, but I can comment on the breast brachytherapy products and market. Both the MammoSite and MammoSite ML are inferior to the competitions' products - Contura (SenoRx/CR Bard) and SAVI (Cianna Medical). That said, MammoSite is still the market leader although their market share is rapidly eroding. After some initial strong growth, Contura sales have flattened or possibly fallen off to some degree. SAVI seems to be gaining traction and their market share is rapidly increasing.

The breast brachytherapy market after 18 months of stalled growth is about to take off again. The data supporting APBI continues to mature. In fact, Hologic issued a press release earlier this month touting the five year results of the ASBS MammoSite Registry. Initial findings for the NSABP B-39 trial should begin reporting in early 2012. Additionally, as women learn more about a 5 day option, demand will increase. Reimbursement has been stable for the past two years and is slated for a minor increase in 2011.

Combining the emerging data, patient awareness and reimbursement, I would say the outlook is very positive for APBI.

Good luck with your job search.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suros division is even worse. They are poorly engineered and break in the field. Especially Celero.