Mammotome/Devicore as bad as it sounds?

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the new situation with Devicor really as bad as it is sounds from the other onposts?

Hard to tell if it an isolated opinion or across the majority of the sales force.

Any info would be helpful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, even worse than the Ethicon Womens Health Division. Complete lack of leadership, and share is eroding rather fast to Bard, and Hologic. Devicore blows!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't read everything you believe...or something like that.

I can say for me, market share is not the problem. I actually have not lost any accounts, and certainly not to bard. The economy has had a major impact. Only so much training you can do, we don't supply the patients.

Reps that made $150-$200 last year are making $80K now...meanwhile the company execs act so excited. This is not a market share issue, all the companies are down.

speaking for myself, that pay cut hurts real bad. I am not sure what the company should do about it...but telling me how excited they are is not the answer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Devicor positioned to grow with some solid products.

Are new products coming out in the future. Would this be a good opportunity?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what's new at Mammotome? How is the culture?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the new management team like?
    did it change much?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We still have the top performers we have had for the past few years. And new products are on the way in 2011

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Devicor bring in Top Talent for Management as was the idea?
    It all starts with the right vision? Do they have it yet up top?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't say I've had much interaction with any of the newer folks in upper mgt...but their pedigrees are impressive. I do know of one of the divisional guys they brought on for a northern area. -- Came from a company where a friend works and he says this guy is the real deal.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I have read through some of those posts and it looks like the recent past was tough. BUT, to someone looking to switch companies, this sounds like a candidate (meaning I saw the posting in my city). Don't beat me up as I am literally starting my research today, but from my understanding you sell to radiology right? If thats the case is this closer to a pharma job or would you consider this a real device job (since it's mostly not in the OR).

Please take no offense, but when I brought up the company to a former colleuge they said it wasn't real device. Whatever that means...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1/3 of the company left in the last 6 months.... what do you think that means?? Do not be convinced that this is a great company.... no new products until october... if you are interested in Devicor/ Mammotome, do your homework... Talk to Radiologists, Surgeons and do a field ride with at least 2 reps.... you are investing in your future when you switch jobs... do your homework!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell your former coleague that he has no idea what he is fucking talking about.... so is that tool in "real device>" PLEASE!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps are leaving by the handful still. As soon as July 12 comes, the 1 year non-compete with J&J, reps are going to fly back to them. The culture of Devicor is all about getting the company ready for selling it off. New products they are promising are now delayed until 2012. Reps are were told about the new products and banking on that for the future and now it is smoke and mirrors. Offering great initial offering and find out about all the baggage and problems internal. Run away!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to let everyone know. I joined the company after the buyout and it seems to be a great place to work. Dont know all about the past issues that is being mentioned above. Over 20 people went over quota in Q1. One person I know personally got a 30k quaterly bonus check (serperate than comission and salary). That doesnt sound like a bad company to me. You just have to work for it now. No J&J lounge chair to lay on anymore.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of horseshit! The whole fucking place collapsed as EES Breast Care. The WHOLE thing. Even the cool aid drinking chick in MA fucking went two plus years without a bonus check after she pissed all over the people who left saying they didn't "have what it took".
    That bald douche lost the UMS account and went into hiding and the whole shootin match fell apart.
    This was one of the biggest failures J&J ever presided over. JNJ spins off the terrible ones you see. If you're part of this and you think it's great, then you are stupid my friend.