Managed out.....

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just had a coworker "managed out." Very sad and undeserved. Good rep..... Any other districts seeing this downsizing? Have heard they want to get to 6 reps per district.....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What state does the rep work in?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just seeing this?? Been going on for yrs, bring in the contract cowboys!!!

4. Rick Ernst

Rick Ernst Guest

I am in the Chicago area and what has happened here since the national sales meeting is nothing short of catastrophic. Eleven people have been “managed out” and several people are currently out on std. Everyone needs to know that the rules of the game have changed. All it takes now to get a first warning are two poorly rated field contacts with your FLL. All of the people with the exception of one who quit on her own and one who is suing got the standard severance package. One FLL was even managed out because she refused to terminate her people. HR has been contacted several times with a few filing formal complaints but nothing has been done. Another interesting fact, with one exception they were all 50+. I have to admit, a few of the people were sub par but overall they were good reps.
    I don’t know if this is happening across the country but it is a slaughterhouse here in Chicago metro. Very hard on those who are left to see our peers treated so disrespectfully. We don’t understand why they just don’t have a layoff. Would love to hear what is going on in other regions across the county. Surprise surprise our region hasn’t made goal for threes consecutive quarters. Crazy times at GSK.......

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why won't they just do a layoff??? This is terrible for morale! The leadership at GSK continues to get worse.
    Our manager is the worst used car salesman ever! Keeps telling us to push harder, get that commitment, don't leave until you do. And the field rides, conference calls, stupid waste of time and company money....get rid of some managers so we can do our jobs. All these managers are doing is trying to justify their jobs....who needs a field ride every 3-4 weeks.??? The offices are fed up with management being in there as much as the reps! More and more offices are asking us not to bring our manager in. And the constant text messages and voice messages.....every day....several times a day......leave us alone and let us work!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Seeing this and not anywhere near Chicago

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HA ha ha. After they have you harm children, they are through with you just like I said long ago! They care nothing for the employees or for patients. Harsh reality but GSK is a bad company run by awful people!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a great company currently led by bad most senior leaders

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is very obvious that you have #1 been fired by us , #2 been managed out by us, or #3 been asked to retire quietly. Gotta' chip on your shoulder ? Looks as if Sparky could not stand the heat.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will stay. It's a great company. Leaders come and go.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure many will have a choice. Just had a huge leadership change at the top and now this! No layoff but a bunch of people get systematically fired for “trumped up” charges.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Waiting for GSK to be a case study. From patient first, to MCE, to KPI obsession. It’s quite bewildering senior leaders let these decisions get rolled out. GSK is crashing and burning and AZ is having a field day.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about this, first GSK is awful when it comes to being ethical.

Let’s hear from some FLL on whats going on? We will know it when we see it if a real FLL speaks up.

It’s been a bumpy ride for the last few years.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Sparky the Complainer......gray hair here.....hows' about over 30 years experience with three mergers and each time, a change of rules, managers, computers, product responsibility, etc. ? You couldn't handle that and like most reps you would be fired or jump ship.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK are looking to get ride of people over 50. The HIV (ViiV) division is in full gear to getting this started. Already have 2 down with in the last 2 weeks and more to follow. On the plus side the package is a max of 52 weeks. This way the company limits the legal actions. In order to get package you sign you will not bring legal action.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they taking volunteers?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No! The last time they asked for volunteers a stampede for the door caused several people to get trampled! Ouch!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice culture.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never seen this culture in 15 years. Something changed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not quite 50 yrs old yet, but I'm call BS on the legal action comment. Anytime someone over 50 is severed, there is a huge risk of being sued for age discrimination. So, I think your comments are misguided. As far as people being managed out, this is indeed taking place. If you have a 4 or 5 rating, you should be actively looking.