Managed out.....

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Package max is 78 weeks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for an intelligent
    post.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI... Yes those over 50 as well as other long term GSK employees who do not agree with how GSK leadership is trying to calibrate all field based teams on behaviors should be concerned. We also had a FLL with a history of strong performance announce their retirement. Up until the day of their retirement announcement they were active on numerous projects. From what we understand, this FLL did not volunteer to retire but was given no choice. From what we understand this individual was very honest with their thoughts especially when it came to calibrating a high performing team. While this is a great loss to GSK, it's a significant gain to the company and people they'll be working with in the future.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"...it's a significant gain to the company and people they'll be working with in the future." And from your comments the implication is that this person is over 50. Let's have a reality check. The pharma industry continues its downward spiral wherein it sheds more jobs every year than it adds. Age discrimination in hiring is a thing! In fact, it's rampant, especially in Pharma. If you haven't engaged in a job search in a few years, you've got a wake up call coming - it's extremely competitive, currently. There are hundreds of applicants for every pharma and med device sales job posted, and many/most of the candidates are qualified. In many cases, the hiring manager already knows who they are going to hire (already has a person lined up for the job), but is required to post the job and to conduct interviews. Perhaps this 50 year-old rep will get lucky and secure another gig quickly, but more than likely they will endure months of unemployment and may never work in the industry again.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

College grads and Inventiv can handle the sample dropping for a fraction of the cost.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s a shitty thing to say. This is happening everywhere and it’s unconscionable. Good reps are being pushed out. You must have a sad sorry life to make comments like this. Keyboard warrior.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blessed to have have worked the "T Shift" from 1980-2004 (retired wealthy) Tues-Thurs 10-2. Never more, and mostly drinking while flying 1st class. Ck me out on Linkdedin. Joe Morgan - Eisai & GSK. What a blessed life. I think of how much $ I made per HOUR & freak out........amazing. (had 4 home office days per week in Managed Care-no not corporate HO, MY home den) Slept till 11 am most days. Cannot imagine a better career. People cannot believe it when I describe it. Remember, no GPS et. al. Signed sigs "as the doc" & had to dump bags full of samples in dumpsters. Not ashamed to admit it.
    Have fun kids!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please take your meds!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ck my GSK experience (dates/years w/company) We did ZERO lunches except taking a doc to a restaurant, and I had several who drank wine or beer @ lunch! Those were the days! The great ones!
    Now, you take yer benzos and order some pies.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got more than 52 weeks plus unemployment!! Life is great!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent! Best wishes!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the bottom line. FVP were told to move bottom FLL out and FLL were told to move out the bottom Reps in their respective regions and districts. This is a fact. They are not having layoffs because they need you. If your sales numbers have been bad for a time and you were ranked a 4, you will be gone very soon or your FLL will be gone. If you are doing well, you have nothing to worry about unless you fit what I described above. What is happening is Nothing more and nothing less than what I described.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the coke was amazing. I had a few Hoover vacuum docs in my territory. I was done by noon most days...all coked up and nowhere to go. I would sometimes get a run in (still wearing my suit in the parking lot) or hit the tittybars with my boss until I could stop grinding my teeth. Getting paid to party is the only way to go. The eighties were a giant fog with an amazing pension and retirement that you little dudes will never see. I can’t believe how cool I am. So what if I have a raspy voice and can’t smell a thing.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nothing new, everytime there is new boss, he has to make his statement, it is usually with the older guys.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all starts at the top

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make sure dem pepps are curled up on dat pie. Staffs like slightly crunchy pep. Hurry & contact yer pie guy for a permanent request on file for da pep.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's happening all over. It hasn't had anything to do with sales in soooo long. Good reps are being lied about by management and even other rep's to force them out. Some of the worst rep's remain because they lie, cheat and agree with whatever management says. There are no ethics in this company. A layoff would show the shareholders how bad things really are at GSK.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is happening all over! Good rep's over 50 are being targeted. Many of these rep's have a strong track record of success. It has absolutely nothing to do with sales! GSK doesn't rate rep's on sales. They rate on butt kissing and special projects. The managers manufacture lies about the rep's and the dishonest rep's lie about other rep's to save themselves. GSK is avoiding a formal layoff to look better to shareholders. They know Advair generic is going to kill sales even more.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% right, we now work for a new GSK and they are finally making great decisions, under performers will no longer be allowed to steal paychecks from GSK, if you work hard and care about your job your numbers will be good and you can work here for a long time. If you choose to make crappy sales calls, constantly complain and commiserate with other low performers you will also be gone. Sell like you care and Dr’s will prescribe your Products. All facts.