Management riding with reps

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jul 24, 2020 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management needs to STOP riding with reps. We are one of the few companies with representatives in the field and the ONLY company with management ride alongs. Not only are the optics horrible but it puts increased risk for us and our offices. I have no problem going out and working and following PPE but I don’t need an additional person In an office where social distancing is an issue. We deserve better leadership and our safety should be the number one priority. Every time I see Court, RVP or managers outin the field I realize what buffoons we have as leaders. Stop the insanity. We need reps to push back BIG TIME

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Always amazes me when reps are asked to "embrace change" but our fearless leaders hold on tightly to broken antiquated tactics like the Field Work Contact. Times are changing before our eyes. The work contact as we know it has to change.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring it on. Management needs to ride with reps in the Midwest. That will be an eye opener. All divisions please.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes see how all doors are closed in PC and IM..and yes specialties too.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TOTALLY AGREE! It's embarrassing! It is beyond inappropriate as offices are being more cautious than ever. If their COCO is to get us banned indefinitely, they're succeeding!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heck, show them reality. Expose them to the potential of getting sick like we do every attempted call every day. What exactly is our policy if we think we have been exposed?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, bring it on. Judy, Al, Cheryl, Court and the all the rest will see Nobody!!! Just lots of driving around. It’s closed out here.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It isn't ever opening up again. Thats what's so funny. It was over in March, but the company was too soft to pull the trigger and dump you all. No worries they are figuring it out and its over folks! Together with the 25% real unemployment, there is nothing to go to either. Your manager is interviewing, and they can't find anything. You can always fall back on mowing yards.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just give us packages. Soon Please. Cannot play the game much longer. This gig is up.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey post #25. What do you do? I want to work at your place of employment. Who are you? Some random angel giving sage advice? You are such a tool! Sorry you were laid off five years ago. It's obvious you hold a grudge. We are just fine with a very nice job market in the event layoffs occur. Nice try douche bag!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Struck a nerve did I? Scared? I would be too, if I'd have made the same choices you clearly have. Well good luck with that! When the gravy train ends, which is soon, they'll let you keep the name tag for old times sake

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, you did strike a nerve. I just can't understand why you feel the need to try and diminish a profession that myself and many others have made a living at for 15+ years. We have been able to engage with physicians and healthcare professionals on a daily basis. Pretty cool. We've been able to earn a nice living allowing us to provide homes, healthcare, and food for our families. We have been able to establish retirement accounts for our eventual retirements. So what is it you do again? Where do you work?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More and more offices come to the conclusion that having reps visiting them is interrupting and disturbing to their work, especially in the absence of new information about their products. Samples can be ordered online and mailed. The announcement to close an office to reps takes seconds, the impact on reps will be forever!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is your point #14? I am at a complete loss. You don't think there are other jobs we can do? You think that pharma sales is all there is out there? If so, you are ignorant beyond words. Do you think you are educating us on the current work environment? Like I said, I'm at a loss for what it is you are trying to accomplish here. So I wish you would answer a few basic questions. What do you do for work? Where do you work? Why do you feel the need to "enlighten" all of us lowly pharma reps? Help us understand.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drug reps are nothing but parasites on the healthcare system. Superficial, fake, fake science, nothing but whores. It is a despicable profession, and has zero benefit to patients. In fact the disinformation you peddle, under the guise of making your company feel proud, has caused many deaths and destroyed lives. This is industry wide, not just your criminal company. The excessive waste of space you occupy in the waiting room, and time you waste of the doctors and staff will freed up not soon enough. On behalf of all patients, staff, and honest doctors out there, GOOD!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the heck? Who is this person?? Some left wing nut job??? Look the company needs us now far more now than pre COVID..........good luck finding anyone who didn’t already have relationships prior to COVID getting into these offices. If they want to hire reps they are going to need to pay serious money (something over $150k base MINIMUM) to get people with relationships and real access.
    I think you just a jealous lunatic posting things on here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, the ability to establish relationships is significantly compromised in this environment, so having the key to the lock carries quite a bit of value. Then, it becomes a question of whether or not the key holder can actually leverage the access provided by the relationship; that is not a given as many relationship glad handlers don’t know how to Seamlessly advance the discussion into a sales focused interaction...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who’s the lunatic?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s funny, I know many docs that insist that reps be welcomed within their practices, even though admin wants us out. And these are places that don’t allow inservices, so it ain’t the free lunch. Now why is that, Sherlock?