Management riding with reps

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jul 24, 2020 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s blatantly obvious why the angry troll bashing the industry was fired from GSK. He can’t stay on topic which tells me he is non coachable. This thread is about managers riding with reps during COVID.

Mr Centimeter Peter hijacks the thread and uses it to bash everyone in the industry that he couldn’t make it in. I guarantee he couldn’t do the basic tasks associated with this job and that’s why he is so angry at all of us that are still around. I also guarantee he is a narcissist that pretty much everyone thinks is an asshole... including his ex district and ex district manager. They probably laughed and threw a party the day he was shit canned.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep that's a real kind remark..

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never attacked? Try reading #54. Say hi to the wife for me!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As I said, I responded in kind. Try reading #53. Say hi to Rosy for me. "How's that been working for you"?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not the original poster but I am former gsk. I did very well at gsk financially and my reviews were always good or better but lost sleep at night because I hated the stupidity of being a pharma sales rep - I mean I hated it. So I quit without even having another job lined up! Now I’m a teacher. Care to rip on me for teaching? I love my job and my kids can tell. There may be some logical customer facing role at drug companies but what I saw and experienced was not it. Federal medical and drug reform is needed and then your jobs will dry up as pharma is forced into a market with real free-market forces.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fixed it for you
    I’m Special Ed student with 9th grade level completed. Dropped out to work at
    McDonalds for $8.00 hour and jumped onboard Taco Bell drive thru position with increase to $8.25.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#65. Were you aware that in countries around the world where price controls are in effect, they all have pharma sales reps? Seriously. Canada, UK, hell even the Philippines and they're a third world country. All have reps. I'm glad you enjoy your job as an educator. God knows we need more people like you. As I'm sure you're aware your profession is laden with lazy mediocrity that unions and tenure have created. How do I know this? First I am able to see what's right in front of me. Second, I was in our public school system K - 12 and then at state university as a student. Finally, I have family who are educators. A lot of lazy individuals complaining about low pay and, if you can believe it, not enough time off. Not saying you fit this mold but you are in the minority. Just keepin it real. Peace!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess you weren’t any good at it, we understand.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma reps rarely fail... to disappoint.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But those countries do not have four reps hawking the same message to each physician. US based drug reps could be downsized by 75% and the job would get done, most of you are a waste of resources but the profits are so outsized that you are barely rounding errors. It’s the truth and I bet this corona shut out will prove it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales are WAY down. Sounds like you are home office. We all what what that means. Great at looking busy but getting nothing accomplished. I've worked in the home office and I can tell you there is a TON of wasted time via redundant meetings and people bs all day on the phone. Want to save $, get real marketers from real advertising agencies on a full time basis.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Part of the corporate contract is to provide jobs. It is an unwritten rule that everyone understands. GSK makes a ton of money! A ton! Because of this, they have to have a certain number of jobs to offer in the largest market they compete in. This is the way biz is done. You are correct. They do not need four reps schlepping the same product in the same territory. They do not need FLLs and RSDs at the current levels we are at. But look what we have. So relax. Layoffs? Sure. But not what you are insinuating. Nice try though.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE="anonymo

Where are sales “way down “ at GSK? Only division struggling right now is Vaccines and that is clearly explained. All other divisions doing well under the circumstances.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last post is exactly correct! Understand, our company is very profitable. The problem is wall street expectations. That's the issue with a publicly traded company. The other issue is that we have too many reps and FLLs. Two reps promoting almost identical products in Trelegy and Anoro calling on the exact same offices. You have FLLs who have remained in their roles for decades! Never moving up or out. Time to shake things up.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like sophisticated money laundering

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a bunch of BS. There is no societal “corporate contract”. The truth is that what goes on in every large corporation is empire building. Expansions and redundancy occurs as those “in charge” seek to expand their span and range of control. In the end corporations don’t give a rats ass about individuals; the corporation will always do what is in their best interest.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And not to forget that "corporations are people" thanks to our Fascist Supreme court justice Scalia (who is an insult to Italians) Corporations indeed don't give a rats ass about you! The want to form super pacs to gain political favor and continue to screw the individual.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

s

Long before Scalia...there's a grand designed for a one world order and you are seeing unfold before your eyes. #GOTJESUS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Redundancy in Vaccines. Way too many of us. We are telesales reps. Shut down here in the Midwest.