Manager 360 report. Is it safe to be honest?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former RBD here...then this is an example of poor leadership. 1) I never asked nor knew of who gave individual feedback. it was always summarized to me in group form. 2) I nor my managers had any knowledge of individual's specific feedback. That did not stop them from speculating.

What happens in these cases are flat out wrong. Some of us value our constituents and respect the work the reps and managers do for the company. It's a shame you have had these experiences. However, we will never be able to fix the problems if we are not aware. Can't blame you if you feel distrust. I would if it happened to me, as well. Hopefully strong and good leadership prevails.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here, Thanks for the great info. Good insights and advice. Actually, what I was afraid to hear is true in this situation.What's sad is my takeaway is we should "lie" and only state positives for fear of losing our jobs. A district of excellent reps who must remain hostage to a manager that is just not cut out for the job and is making life difficult for everyone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember HR is there for the company not you, Also please be careful about writing comments. Chances are your DBM will recongize your writing style, that means he knows who you are and what you say

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 of us were honest last year, our manager read it, and actually got much better. We weren't mean, we we just told it in a professional way that wasn't an attack. I'm still shocked on how much better this year is. I'm glad I was honest.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think so.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice to hear, where do you work now ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still here at Novo - Been 6 years now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're lucky this happened. Most managers aren't confident enough to see they need to change. This is the exception at Novo - not the rule.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me ask you a question - what other time has your company wanted your honest answer on something? That should answer your question. Play the game and tell them waht they want to hear.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that's why you're a "former" RBD!