Managers, managers managers

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK guys, no matter what the thread says we always get back to management so I thought I would start a thread for just that. Any opinions and comments, please post. I, for one, have one of the incompetents and am also looking for a new job because of him. The wrong manager can alienate his reps and also push them out the door. When will RC realize that, or don't they care.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow really? Considering most of the managers have hardly any sales experience...what a shock.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true! Amazing how they promote the ones that know nothing but think they do. Time for all the good DMs to bail and let these managers fall on their faces. It might not be long!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good reps are all leaving or planning to leave as soon as they can find a new job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! That rep really is as low on the professional list as anyone I have ever seen. And that is what Hills hires? On our posts we talk about management. RC has a lot of very good reps but the managers are ruining it. We have the adulterers, drunkards, liars, etc on our management team. Have they ever managed? Most haven't. Have they ever sold? Most haven't. We have good reps who do not act like this Hills person but our management does not appreciate what they have. They will when we are all gone. Or maybe not, knowing them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the RMs at Royal Canin royally suck. It's like a herd of wannabes pimping their egos like they work at Goldmann Sachs or a big law firm. How hard is it to boss around people peddling kibble and bits? The managers rarely have a decent business thought....just spitting out whatever KJ or WK tell them without thinking outside the box. The people at the top (Pierre) are always fudging things up too. Place is a train wreck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way. I heard a couple of people left. How many are gone now?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at the latest roster, especially the areas in the east, under WK. It doesn't seem to matter what region, all that are under WK have lost people, and more to come as most are looking.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the Florida RM quit... Anyone know what happened?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On te East Coast? More WK shenanigans I'm sure...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look what is happening. The good reps are leaving, now a manager is leaving, and we are left with the scumbags running the company. Something is backwards. More reps will be leaving, once they get jobs. Just wondering if anyone reading this is not looking for another job. I can't imagine wanting to stay in this place. They should look to the top, not at the rep level, to turn this company around.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Job Description

Vet Pillar Regional Manager, Chicago-CHI01353
    Description
    Purpose of Role:
    To help the Veterinary Division achieve its volume and profit goals through effectively managing sales personnel that call directly on veterinary clinics.

Principal Accountabilities:
    • Achieve profitable sales growth objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
    • Achieve product penetration objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
    • Become thoroughly indoctrinated and knowledgeable on the Veterinary product line and apply knowledge to sales personnel and clinics.
    • Manage headquarter and field relationships with agency management and agency sales management.
    • Ensure all direct reports are fluent in articulating product attributes.
    • Develop an understanding of customer needs by developing effective business relationships with key account personnel.
    • Train and assist sales personnel to help them profitably build their business.
    • Develop a team mentality through driving personal development and engagement of direct reports.
    • Develop more effective and efficient ways of managing the Region's business.
    • Oversee the utilization of cost reductions when dealing in order fulfillment and cost effective logistical opportunities.
    • Implement the Royal Canin Veterinary sales strategy within assigned area.
    • Deliver world-class educational sales presentations in clinic meetings, training sessions, seminars, and dinner meetings.
    • Respond to elevated customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
    • Provide feedback on marketing and marketing materials and competitive information.
    • Attend trade shows, exhibitions and company meetings as required.
    • Manage expense budget.
    • Coordinate and consolidate company management requests for information.
    • Recruit, train and develop the Regional personnel to meet current responsibilities and prepare them for future career growth.
    • Support and reinforce the Royal Canin mission, vision and values.
    • Support and reinforce the Royal Canin one company concept, growing the Health Nutrition category.

Qualifications
    Key Experiences
    • Experience in leading, motivating and managing a sales force.
    • Proven experience in animal health, pharmaceutical, vet clinic or pet food sales.
    • Experience working in a veterinary clinic preferred.
    • Ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences and respond to questions.
    • Ability to interpret a variety of technical manuals, journals and bulletins.
    • Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
    • Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
    • Ability to travel 50-80%.

Desired Education
    • Bachelor's degree in biology, animal health, or a related field is required.
    • A Masters degree in a related field or veterinary degree preferred.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed there's no experience parameter required for regional manager yet they ask 8+ years for a DM. How silly is that?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeaaahhh....I can honestly say that the former employee didn't come close to most of this job description. Masters Degree preferred now? No fair! How will this new hire fit in with the idiot RMs there now? It'll be hard being the smartest person in the company. Bye bye assh%%e!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The posts in this room and across this site are both slanderous and unfounded. The individuals you speak of (both past & present) have demonstrated consistent high level leadership. Perhaps each person in this room should take a deep look at themselves and reflect on their own behaviors, which are inconsistent with the both the Mars five principles as well as Royal Canin values. To suggest that WK, DB, ME or any other RC regional manager is the "true" root of your unhappiness is without merit. It is easy to throw stones and sling mud from behind an anonymous posting. Consider that is the very type of "poison in the well" behavior that the individuals you are so concerned with were trying to coach and mentor through. Be careful in your judgement of others as you often have only half the story. If you took the time to truly understand the complete picture you may be less quick to judge the situation and quite possibly appreciate what personal & professional sacrafices have been made, in order to provide you with the opportunities afforded to you, that everyone in this room so readily appears to disregard.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think so? Well guess what? When many, MANY DMs have been accused of things by their aggressive, paranoid, and inappropriate managers, those accusations were "slanderous and unfounded" as well.
    The only difference? These people were supposed to be leaders, mentors, and placed in positions of authority. Managers that would threaten your pink slip while simultaneously commenting on women in a sexual nature while on work-withs. Managers that would talk about other DMs in a negative light behind their backs in the car with co-workers, cracking jokes, but oh- what a different performance when in person with those DMs! Managers that would reveal information about others in the company, laughing at those who were fired, name-calling, etc. Managers that would practically stick their chests out and beat them, they were such unevolved cavemen. Responsible for my unhappiness? Not at all. The only person responsible for that is me, and I'm actually very happy. They screwed up, and others paid the price for it. It deserves to be acknowledged, after witnessing the poor leadership skills, and continual unprofessional behavior time and time again. And when many (meaning, more than 3 people, more than 5, more than 10) approach the team in P & O - asking for help....what was the end result? More pink slips for DMs- NOT RMs...until now. It's corrupt, and the industry is hearing all about it.
    How can you type on this board and defend people who have wronged far more than one person? You'll have to answer that for yourself.
    I believe in holding people accountable. Hopefully this filth will have learned a thing or two through all of this- but don't whine on about what wonderful people they are, and commend them for their personal sacrifice. They took advantage of being in an authoritative position. It happens every day.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I guess the only way to correct this situation is for YOU to take your superior skills and move up to a RM position and show them how it should be done.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what this has come to. An RM asking a DM to step up and show us how it's done...because the sales directors are playing Guy Incognito. This place is like an old Benny Hill episode....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you noticed that posts suddenly are pulled if they contain the initials WK, TG or EW? I suspect it is not WK as there are plenty of posts with those initials. Let's see how long this one lasts. Feeling insecure Mr Manager?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've noticed... I guess the ugly truth hurts. How can you manipulate new people about the RC culture when all of their ugly secrets are revealed? The petition to fire Pepsi Man was removed. Should that be his new call sign? Or just, greasy talentless loser?