Managers that talk business in a doctors office

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Aug 9, 2019 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody else have a manager that talks business while in a doctors office? So we are in an office hallway waiting on 2 prescribers to come see us and my DM asks me how I’m using the messaging? Then proceeds to tell me the best way to sell te prescribers we are waiting on. Oh and they are standing about 5 feet from us typing in notes from the patient they just saw. Do DMs think there is a magical barrier that keeps the staff from hearing them?

The worst is being at a lunch waiting on the doctor but having several staff members around and he starts discussing how well my numbers are and that I’m 115% of goal. And then asks me how I will keep getting more business. Then he wants to start going over my eval in front of the doc’s staff.

Good lord does anybody else’s DM have zero self awareness? I’m sure the doc and staff loves being called a target and just love hearing what you’re gonna tell them to get business from them...I mean we are here to help the patient doc and partner with you and all (sarcasm)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha, business. Neither you or your DM would know business if it sat on your face.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you go on Cafepharma to ask this question and rant...? Keep it in house and talk to your manager about it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be new.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager freely encourages us to manage the manager. He is direct and some people dont like his style, but it allows me to be transparent, and we get along because of it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very tenured actually.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. your manager is a tool box.

2. don't take him/her to any important accounts.

3. don't trust a tool box.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To cafepharma, dipshit.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And to call yourself very tenured in Pharma world is like saying you repeated 8th grade 15 times.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think you’re working a job at an 8th grade level I feel sorry for you and hope you don’t waste the rest of your working years feeling that way.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like our fearless DM, Quinn!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh, no. I feel sorry for you. You, as very tenured, have internalized the fantasy and your veins run thick with kool aid.

I am not tenured, you are the one that’s been here wasting your life. But of course no one can convince you of that because you are a lifer.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U don't even know what division here

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are plenty of other fields you should be working in, if you don't think feeding your family and having good quality life balance isn't important. Go flip a burger.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring on the cream, the cats are in session!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

he is the tool under the box!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That doesn't even make sense.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes this is a common problem with shitty managers. Tone deaf and it’s all about selling the vial, not helping the practice or getting the patient to treatment. It’s very unprofessional and makes field visits miserable and counterproductive.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its not good enough. if you have a double income, then you can easily find creative ways to make decent money and have a good life. maybe your spouse is a free loader? maybe you are living in the best part of town and have to keep up with your friends? whatever the case, it does not have to be this way. the stress of this industry is not normal. no fucking way. its a god dam mess. shit, I am really just going to pack it in on the next downsizing (you know they are coming regardless of your productivity), and just work at the mall selling suits. you need to look inside of yourself more, and understand that when you tell others to "go flip a burger", that you are way off in your paradigm/worldview, because this chaos known as the corporate world will take your soul, if you let it. unfortunately, it looks like the corporate world has done that to you. just being honest here. best to you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! Agree! It’s like they don’t realize that someone just a few feet away can actually hear the DM plotting on them. Lmao.
    My favorite manager line is...so the DM has been with you for 2 days, telling you how heat your sales calls are and in in a hallway waiting on a doc that’s 5 feet away typing call notes. Then the DM randomly asks you, “ So how’s the messaging?” Ummmmm like wtf kinda question is that to ask in a fvcking hallway and you’ve been listening to my sales calls for 2 GD days and told me how great they are. Lmao. Now you want me to get in a lengthy discussion on “How’s the messaging?!” That right there is a tired ass, brainwashed cheap dressed DM question if I’ve ever heard one