mandatory field rides w managers-Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager flies all over the place and said field rides are mandatory....should we be concerned. This isn’t a joke and my manager said it’s business as usual

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if he is not coughing everywhere you pretty much have no risk if you wash your hands / dont touch your face

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not in sales. It’s a little surprising to hear you’re still able to get appointments with HCPs.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One problem. I'm a chronic nose picker. I can't help it. It's a medical condition. 1 part OCD and 1 part Aspergers. I'm calling HR to let them know I cannot ride in a car with anyone who has been on a plane and may have COVID19. That will include my manager. Sorry.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well. There may not be any problems with DBL's working with us for a while. Many of my offices and clinics are completely shutting down access to pharma reps during this coronavirus pandemic. On Monday a notice at the front desk of one of my largest offices stated until further notice they will not allow pharma reps to enter the building due to coronavirus outbreak. They don't want people who have been in other offices and clinics all day walking into their office. If they only knew I really only to to one or two offices in a day. Today, all but one office I went to turned me away as soon as I entered due to coronavirus concern. And my lunch I have scheduled for Friday cancelled for the same reason. There may be no need for the DBL's to come out if offices are not letting us in due to coronavirus.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful what you wish for There also may not be a need to pay us...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any decent company would have everyone work remotely and avoid customers, offices, hospitals and travel. Many in the industry have done this. Not I said any decent company who cares about employees.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many? Takeda, Merck, Sage, and Astellas today. I wouldn’t consider that many.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen and others. Shit company that lacks leadership, pipeline and concern for employees. That’s a fact

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And how on earth do you detail a physician if you are working from home? We are sales reps. If we can't meet HCP's why should the company be paying us????

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why would you work for a company that wouldn’t pay you during this national emergency!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually if you have established relationships with your accounts - much selling and support can be done remotely with our roles. If you need to bust out the slick sales aid along with your muffins - then I understand the challenge of being successful working remotely.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When my manager showed up for a ride along, I had on a mask and started coughing when he got in the car and put a cough drop in my mouth. After 20 minutes he asked to be taken back to his hotel and the ride along was over.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t wait for the first Alkermes employee to get the virus. With all the other biotech company shut down, it will be a slam dunk lawsuit. Caching
    -Cash Cash Cash $$$$$$$$.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SLOTH