Maquet Culture

Discussion in 'Maquet Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it like to work/sell for Maquet. Thinking about making a move. Honest feedback is appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the company is really great and has a great culture. Not all divisions are the same though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every division is very different, but for the most part the company is driven by the CV people who come from a more dynamic background at Guidant. Yes, there are some step children here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the deal on JH?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great place to be, impressive management team, really cares about the sales people. JH rules the roost

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not as smart as he thinks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the CV side many people have left from the Guidant, BSC days.

I hear that the culture is not great. It seems that the Reps don't get out and work hard. My guess is they don't pay well either. A few acquaintances just quit the company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maquet is still the gold standard in the industry with very little turn over. People get hired and just stay, that is pretty much the culture

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gold standard??? Gold standard for what??? EVH?? Good luck making money on one product that is 10 years old. How's the off pump product line doing? How's it like not even being considered a competitor in the perfusion market? Is the new pump out yet or is the HL-20 still the only thing you have? Is the heater cooler still leaking??Oh I forgot you got a clip now! Oops did anyone tell you Terumo got there ass kicked by AtriCure and that the clip sucks? I'm sure your rocket science trainer mr suck ass told you all about the left atrial appendage! Did he work any stupid clip questions into his infamous training tests like what color is the clip ?? Thank god for data scope huh! At least you got one good product. Oh and don't even try and mention your oxygenator for ECMOS! How many of them do you see! Enough to keep the lights on? In closing what do you manufacture???? Aren't you really a half ass distributor???? Re list your self on this site next to Owens and minor and Baxter! The guidant reps have left and so did the inventor of your EVH product! BTW I think your top notch management team let him go!!! LOL

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, lot of dead weight from the pharma/Guidant years are gone, but the company is doing very well. Yes, times are tough but we are growing and helping patients get better sooner.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That dead weight put you on the map. Did you break into cardiac surgery and change the way vein was taken for cabg? Dead weight huh? Show some respect. I'll bet you can't even find the surgical suite! Secondly pharma guidant years? How do you connect pharma and guidant??? What an idiot. And in closing helping patients get better sooner??? What do you sell that helps patients get better sooner??? Do you even know what the hell you are selling? What are they hiring over there complete idiots? Are you selling drugs that make patients get better faster? EVH doesn't do that. Nobody ever left the hospital early because of EVH. Off pump? Forget it. Clip? No! ECMO? Maybe but most of them die!! WTF are you talking about? Thanks for proving my point!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, patient outcomes are not a primary concern, but lets focus on why the dead weight moved on. The focus is on checking off the boxes, never focusing on the customer.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very slimey sales force....when they do get out of the house to work. I am not even sure who my Maquet rep is! Last few were arrogant and distrustful.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great sales force! People get hired here and retire here. The negative posts are from former employees who could not adjust to the changing dynamics of the position. These people believed in lunches, dinners, etc. The best part is we have great products!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great products, innovation and good people equal pretty much a slam dunk.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, if you have great products, aad leadership you are set!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Negative post wasn't from former employee, but from a former customer. The problem with this company is it's arrogance. Maquet products are okay, but so are other companies. Good luck, I hope you can learn to be more humble and to bring a better value to hospitals.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey the products may be older and the recalls have sucked, but this is a great place be. Talent is everywhere and compensation = jack pot winnings

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maquet is the true " Bronze Standard" old products with simple upgrades at high prices!